Wishlist for features of built-in replay functionality

Speaking of which…What’s wrong with sky dolly enabling acrobatic smoke to fighter jets when i haven’t enabled it ? :joy: That’s a new for me.Usually it happens the opposite

PS
Asobo should just copy Sky Dolly and simply add a FLY BY CAMERA !

1 Like

Same principle here: third-party applications typically simply record simulation variables such as “SMOKE ENABLE”, and in case of replay addons those values are sent back - without any modification on behalf of the replay app itself - to MSFS.

If you want to discuss issues with some specific third-party app then I strongly suggest to take this to the official support page of the third-party app and provide details such as which aircraft we are talking about in that official support page. This could, as an example, be here (in order not to violate the MSFS forum rules).

No worries.I was just messing with you.You know the community loves you.
Sorry for the out of topic thing

1 Like

To bring this back to the topic: would that same fighter jet also “enable smoke the opposite way” with the in-game replay functionality? Which fighter jet would that be? :slight_smile:

I don’t ever use the in game replay system.I got no use for it as it is,so i stop here cause i unintentionaly derailed the topic
I only use your replay :sunglasses:

If you need a more robust recording system, I think that’s going to be a problem because I imagine with the availability of various recording options (Sky Dolly, etc) the majority of users are satisfied with what it offers. What I’m trying to say is that I can see MSAsobo thinking there is no need to put a lot of time and effort into this when there is a viable solution available.

The funny thing is that we only need a FLY BY CAMERA and nothing else,since we have the 3rd party addons as we all know (pc of course)
But if you check their roadmap,they say that fly by camera is NOT started,yet they are making a replay :man_shrugging:

Spot on. Exactly what i want. Something similar to FSX is good enough.

1 Like

I can totally agree with you, I think they should try to make the replay mode more like it is in X-Plane 11 or how it was in FSX (I would personally like to have it how it is in X-Plane). I hate to press a recording button before making my landing. It would be cool if it automatically starts to record when press ready to fly at the beginning.

Perhaps keep it simple;

1. A core recording engine which tracks all flight data to a temporary file, automatically each flight, but which only keeps for the last 5 flights.
  2. If one wants to replay the landing they just did they can just hit a replay option and set the time to backwards (eg 2 mins) for it to start replaying. It can start in the same camera as it was recorded and simply let the person use the quick menu to change the camera as required.
    Or,
  3. One can copy and paste the recording file out of that temp location (or change its filename so it doesn’t get deleted) before it gets deleted automatically as part of the last 5 flights, to work with in such things as;
    A. adding to a simobject so it acts as a customized hand flown AI object by using that prerecorded flight.
    B. use any screen recording application record multiple replays of it in the Sim with the appropriate angles, lighting, weather, location, airframe variables adjusted manually each time to suit the artistic direction of the video editor.

FSX was good, but FSX also had its mission system which allowed recordings to be used in missions. It would be a shame if MSFS didn’t get the capacity to use a recorded flight like FSX did, albeit perhaps without the whole mission system being built again.

I try to change camera on a replay track but it puts me outside the plane. After I hit record after I started the replay track my cameras is not greyed out but im on a fixed position outside the plane and not following the plane. I would like to change camera view to be passenger or what ever. I can not get back into cockpit unless I view track 1 but that is the initial track for the recording. Confusing this tool, so user unfriendly it is almost funny. So much strange things they do like the atc or traffic. I use atc and are answered with my own voice set. Like im talking to myself on the radio. I dont understand these developers and their choises and regret I bought the deluxe.

1 Like

Asobo: please retain the ability to record different views based on the primary recording, as can now be done. This allows video creators to create different views of a given flight while keeping the clips timeline in sync. Here are some examples.

See also my previous comments above for more detail.

Also, considering the power and flexibility of the current Replay interface, I’m not sure it can be simplified and still retain the functionality. There is a learning curve involved, but for those of us who have taken the time to learn and exploit Replay for the purpose of creating videos, it does the job. For those who want a simple ability to review landings, there’s always the free Flight Recorder.

Also, the built-in Asobo/MSFS Replay is very efficient in terms of CPU/GPU cycles. FPS remains pretty much the same, whereas addons using SimConnect affect FPS negatively.

Roy’s Rule #14: Power+Flexibility=Complexity

Why? Asobo requested feedback regarding the Replay feature.

If this is for feedback, it would be better as a Zendesk Ticket so it can be routed to Dev Team. Filing it as a Bug Report won’t work as it’s not so much non-functional (from your view) as it is incomplete.

I’m confused. It’s not a bug report. This thread is in the “Wishlist” channel, and at the top it says this feedback was specifically requested by Asobo. I’m sure this is the intent of everybody who has posted on this thread.

For clarity, this was merged into an active wishlist for this feedback. This topic was started just after one of the Q&A’s where the dev’s requested it.

Please be advised… MSFS/Asobo Replay is now broken…
REPLAY BROKEN ON SU8

If you would like to see it fixed you can vote accordingly.

:worried:

1 Like

Apparently Jorg wasn’t aware this thread existed. Any way to escalate to one of the community managers so they can pass it along? @MSFSCommunityTeam

Hi @JEP795,
Several of the team here have brought this up. At this point, this is all moderators can do.

1 Like

Essentially Asobo has disabled built-in Reply for video creators between SU8 and SU9 (assuming it’s restored in SU9).