Won't go to Full Screen mode, stays only in window mode

:wave: Thank you using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

No.

Have you disabled/removed all your mods and addons?

I have a livery for the SR22 that’s not from the market in the sim.

Brief description of the issue:

Starts in window mode and I can’t change to full screen mode in the options.
In the video I provided: janela is portuguese for window and tela cheia is full screen.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

https://youtu.be/kTFj4m2vfEQ

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

Have you tried ALT-ENTER on the keyboard?

1 Like

and can you change that setting in case you are not in-flight ?

I noticed the same after launching upon installing SU10. 2ALT-ENTER worked for me to fix.

It’s in full screen now. Thanks.

1 Like

Thank you all. It’s in full screen now.

2 Likes

It seems I’m having this problem since the last update. I’m running in Windowed mode. What I get is the taskbar at the bottom hiding the bottom part of the screen, but the big issue is there is no bar at the top of the screen, that allows you to minimize, restore etc. It’s like it’s part windowed because of the taskbar at the bottom and part fullscreen because of the bar missing at the top. I haven’t seen this discussed anywhere. Does this work for anyone else? Should I report it as a bug?
Thanks,
Steve

Hit alt-enter and see what that does to your window. Alt-Enter toggles fullscreen to windowed mode and vice versa.

Check that your FS2020 resolution and GPU and Windows matches your display resolution.

Also try Ctrl Enter Enter.

Alt-Enter does toggle the setting from Windowed to Full Screen and back again. What this does in Windowed mode the task bar shows but no bar at the top of the screen. In full Screen the task bar is gone and it shows what would expect to see in Full Screen mode.

Ctrl Enter or Cntl Enter Enter didn’t do anything.

Windows, NVIDIA, and MSF all show 1920X1080

I had the same. I have 3 monitors and MSFS remained in full screen mode. What fixed it for me was I went into Windows (11) Display settings and Moved the Monitor positions. I moved 3 to be in between monitor 1 and 2. Clicked Apply. For some reason MSFS then went into Windowed mode. I could then move it to the correct monitor.

I moved the monitor back to its original position and the problem was solved.

1 Like

:wave: Thank you using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

no
Have you disabled/removed all your mods and addons?

yes

Brief description of the issue:

I always play in full-screen mode. However, each and every update changes the setting to windowed.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

n/a

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

Just install an update (latest was to 1.29.28.0).

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

not relevant

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

Don’ t know, but was several updates ago.

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Yes.

After performing the update, the sim is left in Windowed mode, even if you normally have it in Fullscreen mode.

To add to this I changed my resolution in Nvidia control panel ,applied it and immediately reverted back ro the native resolution and problem solved

1 Like

Is this similar to my issue…

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/su11-and-multi-render-windows-no-longer-works-correctly/556116

Something seems to be messing up Alt-Enter but i’m not sure if it’s Windows11, Nvidia or FS yet

Hello. Now i have the same problem on my Windows 10 Gaming Laptop with the windowed mode… When i start the simulator, the first screen is with the - and X on the top right corner, then the Asobo and Blackshark screen is in full screen and after that, i always see for a half second the installation manager/checking for updates screen in the usual windowed mode like only on updates. Then i change it to full mode in the game menu with apply and save, but with absolutely every new start, i get the windowed mode again. Yes, with Alt + Ent i can switch to full screen in the start phase, but this works only temporary, it is not saved. On every new start, this windowed mode… What is wrong here? Thanks!

Who can help me…?