Working Title G1000 NXi Discussion Thread

Flying the C172 with G1000NXi, live traffic set to OFF, and using AIG Traffic Controller to inject traffic, I have traffic on the MFD and the vfr map and I get traffic avoidance calls from ATC.

You can inquire with Matt directly:

AIG might be injecting their traffic using SimConnect or some other outside framework, in which case it might appear.

The limitation is stock Offline AI traffic generated by the sim itself. That will not appear until the API Matt mentioned is changed.

1 Like

Wasn’t there a work around in the past that we used to display injected traffic? I think it was with the G3000. A small program that used to run in the background? Blanking on the name…

I am not using AI offline. I explained that. I have live traffic turned OFF, not online or offline. The only traffic is injected by AIG Traffic Controller.

That’s my configuration too, and I don’t have any traffic displayed on the Traffic map page. Interesting.

Right now, there is a CTD that occurs inside the sims map rendering system (not NXi side) when changing MFD pages using the FMS knob quickly. The MSFS team has been made aware of this CTD.

Javascript instruments like the NXi are not able to CTD the sim directly, no matter how bad the code error (due to how Javascript works as a language). However, they may call something inside the sim, and that thing may have a bug which causes a CTD. We always recommend trying to reproduce the issue, and if you can, filing a Zendesk so the MSFS team is made aware of the CTD.

Are you on the ground? Traffic is inhibited while on the ground unless turned on in the traffic menu. Also, if your traffic is not inhibited, traffic that is too far away from you vertically will not be displayed either, per the real unit behavior and TCAS II standard.

The types of traffic currently displayed are either sim Live Traffic or traffic injected into the sim using SimConnect. Multiplayer and sim AI Offline traffic are not displayed, as the sim does not presently return that traffic in the traffic data request response. The previous workaround service was only to add SimConnect traffic, and is no longer necessary as we added that traffic to the sim’s data response in SU4.

I don’t know firsthand what method AIG uses to add traffic, so I can’t say whether it should appear or not. Given that I’ve seen reports of it appearing, my guess is that they use SimConnect to inject the traffic.

-Matt | Working Title

3 Likes

Have you tried near anywhere busy, like around London Heathrow EGLL and Gatwick EGKK.
Are you using the Cessna 172?
How many airline’s flight plans do you have loaded in AIG AI Manager?
What percentage of traffic have you set in AIGTC?
Do you have ground aircraft density set to zero?
Do you have generic plane models set to off?
What traffic settiings are you using in the MDF?

I am quite sure that AIG use SimConnect because they say that instances of AIGTC failing are being caused by a SimConnect dll crashing and that is a Microsoft/Asobo problem that they are working with Asobo to try and address.

I noticed something similar. It seems that if you used Nearest once, the next time you get the list of the previous one. It does not recalculate based on the current position. at least that is what I seemed to experience. Did you use Nearest while at or near the departure airport? That would strengthen this argument.

EDIT: sorry, now I remember more accurately: I found out that actually the second time the selection cursor is still on the previous Nearest selection but that you can scroll up to the more recent Nearest airports. This was confusing to me, but it could be the behavior of the real unit.

Even though I selected Live Traffic for the flight, and clicked the MapTraffic buttons at the bottom of the MFD to turn on the traffic display (green indicator for Traffic on the MFD softkey menu is on), still the free-from-the-MSFS-Marketplace Working Title G1000NXi version of the G1000 is not displaying any live traffic on the MFD at all and I can see the traffic in my vicinity and even hear MSFS ATC talking to the live aircraft. Yet, when I disable the Working Title version to just use the stock G1000 (and leave Live Traffic on for the flight session), that DOES display the position of the live traffic no problem.

Is there some other setting(s) I need to change?

Yes, I was in the immediate KBOS area and nothing. This was in the Kodiak.

I’ve got every single AIG flight plan loaded (yes this took a while lol). Traffic is set at 75%, Generic Models are off, and the MFD settings for the Traffic map are set to unrestricted.

I’ve got my ground traffic set to 35%, just to keep the smaller regional fields somewhat populated on the ground.

I am using a custom .bgl traffic file so that I have GA air traffic also. Therefore, I have my traffic set to AI Offline. So the aircraft being populated via that SHOULDN’T show up on tcas…Although I would still think the aircraft populated via AIG should be showing?

What is your logic for this statement?

Are you on the ground? If so, you will not see traffic unless you take the traffic unit out of standby. To do that, you can go to the MFD traffic map page, and press the Operate softkey.

The unit will automatically come out of standby once you get off the ground.

-Matt | Working Title

1 Like

Because it was stated that AI traffic does NOT show up on the tcas due to a sim limation

@FakeWayne8 , From a few posts up:

So traffic generated via a custom .bgl traffic file with AI Offline traffic set in the sim…should NOT show up on TCAS. Which like I said…I get. The issue I’m having is that even my AIG traffic isn’t showing. I’m getting absolutely nothing. I’m wondering if maybe the AI Offline traffic being set to on (for my custom .bgl file) is somehow conflicting and preventing it.

I think you misread the last two sentences. Default sim AI offline traffic does not appear. Third-party AI offline traffic may or may not appear depending on the method used.

If you’re using both methods simultaneously, who knows what’s doing on under the hood. Perhaps you should try using only one method at a time and see what happens.

Yeah that’s what I’m going to do. I’ll try with the AI Offline traffic set to off and see if the AIG traffic starts showing up.

For anyone that doubts it this is my flight with the C172 and G1000NXi. The only traffic injected is from AIG Traffic Controller. You can clearly see three aircraft moving on the MFD and VFR map.

One thing to check is that the AIGTC clock is still running. If the UTC time displayed in AIGTC is not the same as on your PFD and not updating then AIGTC has crashed and you have to start it again.

I assume you know how to inject traffic from AIGTC either by the manual or automatic option.

Just as a reminder, the AIG main discussion is here for detailed questions about how to get it working.

1 Like