Working Title G1000 NXi Discussion Thread

–IGNORE-- Restarted computer, went and checked the marketplace again, said the current version was 5.0 but still said an update was available… re-downloaded and it works now. Something must have gotten jumbled up.

Original post:
Flew the Baron with the newest G1000 NXi mod today and also tried VNAV with sucess; have almost the same setup, at least as far as Alpha and Bravo go and was having issues using the physical AP buttons on the Bravo to enable any of the autopilot settings unless autopilot was on.

I see you primarily use your touchscreens, but have you noticed anything similar? Are you able to enable/set VS while AP is off, or NAV with the buttons on the Bravo?

0.5.0 introduced an issue where VS can no longer be activated via a keybind. The team said they’ll be fixing that next release.

Since 0.3.0 there have been issues with the Bravo’s AP controls and the NXi. There was a change in the sim with SU5 that changes how controls interact with the sim. The Bravo has suffered some issues.

Using my touch screens, I have no issues at all. SimConnect commands all work fine.

Makes sense, I’m still seeing it.

Moving this to the G1000 NXi Master Thread.

Is NEXRAD WX working for you guys on Ver. 0.5.1 ?

Im currently using VNAV in the Cessna Caravan (with latest G1000 NXI mod) and I understand how it works for the descent but I was wondering if its ever used for taking off/climbing to cruise altitude ?

With descents it always tells you what altitude you should be at in the flight plan but there is never any info about what attitudes I should be at during the various waypoints on take off/ascent. Where does one get this information ?

Is VNAV even used on takeoff/ascent in real world ?

Yes it works.

I can’t find the waypoint info section on the MFD. Can somebody explain how to get to it? I can’t find it in the menu and nothing shows when I rotate the FMS knob when on the map page. So I’m struggling how to find airport information. On the normal G1000 I can just rotate the FMS knob but that doesn’t work here. Any help?

Pretty sure that’s not implemented yet?

Well that’s what I feared but I’m asking because on their website under the MFD section it mentions “waypoint info” so I’m thinking I just don’t know how to access it.

1 Like

If I download the G1000 NXi, will it be used in my Carenado Cessna 182T?

Indeed it does say “waypoint info screen” there :smiley:

My Bravo was working with 0.3.0 but the VS is broken now with 0.5.1

The NXi very much handles this perfectly as per the published procedure for EGLC Lctr ILS DME 09.

See screen shots below that show the Procedure selection, the selected flight plan and the charts.

Procedure Turns and DME arc are among the finest in the WT NXi as shared in so many posts in their discord.

Selecting the Approach with LCY Transition:

Planned Flight Plan display:

EGLC Lctr ILS DME 09 chart:

1 Like

The MFD FMS knob pages have not yet been implemented. The Waypoint Info mentioned is the waypoint info popup when inputting a waypoint, not the MFD page.

All autopilot keybinds should now be available and working in 0.5.1.

-Matt | Working Title

1 Like

Before Ver. 0.5.0, when I pressed the switch on my throttle for ‘Select Heading Bug’, it would set the Heading Bug to the current Heading of the AC (as if you clicked the Heading Button on the IP with your mouse). That stopped working in 0.5.0 and continues not to work in 0.5.1. All other keybinds seem to have been fixed.

True, but my question was more about whether these changes are in the sims core, and that other GPS would benefit from it. My screenshots show that both the map screen, and the 530 do not display the flight plans correctly, while the NXi does. The developer of the 530 mod has explained that these loops are because of the sim kernel, and he cannot fix anything at that level.

1 Like

Same here. My Bravo was working perfectly with 3.0… IT was working great with 5. 0 as well. this latest update seems to have wrecked it. Now the VS does not work at all and when I press it , strange things happen. It there any way to revert to 5.0?

Yes. The intent is to make this level of accuracy in flight planning and flight path vectorization part of the sim itself eventually, thus enabling all avionics stacks to use it.

The NXi has a completely custom flight plan and flight path vectorization system that is extremely advanced. The vectorization handles all 23 ARINC leg types and projects the vectorization in real time as aircraft conditions change, including leg-to-leg transitions and turn calculations; it even properly handles vertical path projection through all non-linear flight path vectors. It is amongst the most advanced of any addon, and for sure the most advanced of any that will ship default with a simulator.

All of that capability will eventually be available to every avionics developer in MSFS.

-Matt | Working Title

7 Likes

Do you happen to know what the VS button on your Bravo is bound to?

There is not, no, but you can use the virtual cockpit panel in the meantime.

-Matt | Working Title