Working Title G1000 NXi Discussion Thread

Ok, Now we are getting somewhere. The fact that you have it working, means… there is a solution. I am using the Controls Options in the simulator to set the mappings and it looks very different than the pictures you posted. Are you using a third part mapping software? or am I missing something. Are the screens you posted in the driver for the Bravo? or a mapping tool?
The simulator recognizes my Bravo’s Button 6. When I scan for it and then press it, it detect “Button 6” and I map that to Toggle AP VS hold. I am not sure if that is the same as the event AP_VS_HOLD.

Yes, spad.next.

I will get that and try it.

Has anyone tried the WT G1000 update released last week with the Diamond DA40? It was working perfectly with the previous version. AP, Flight Director, etc… nothing seems to work as expected. I flipped on to the Cessna 172 G1000 and everything works perfectly. I’m not sure why the aircraft would impact the G1000, but it seems to here. Can someone try it and confirm? Thanks!

Did you read the OP? It works different now.

## Heads Up!

*** GPS, LOC, and VOR modes now ARM! Be aware that you will need to be on an intercept course and within capture distance of the desired flight path before those modes will become active.**
*** The GPS flight plan sequencing will enter SUSP under the following conditions: when reaching a manual termination leg (holds, manual sequence) and when reaching the final leg of the plan. This is actually correct behavior. To exit out of SUSP (for example, if you got to the end of a plan and then loaded more waypoints), hit the SUSP softkey in the middle of the PFD.**
*** Changing the CDI source drops the autopilot into ROL mode. This is the correct behavior, intended to keep the airplane held in the same attitude until the pilot reselects appropriate guidance.**
*** When exiting a hold, do not delete the HOLD as it will cause flight plan issues. Press the SUSP key to continue with the flight plan sequence or go direct to another fix.**

Are you sure you didn’t mean Select Heading Mode (or whatever it’s named in the control configs)?
Because I have always been annoyed that the bug aligned with the current heading when switching to HDG mode. I’m almost sure that it shouldn’t do that.

i can confirm VS is NOT working. no, im not using spad or whatever its called, or any other binding addon. shouldnt have to.
fix it!

never mind. im removing the NXi.
im tired of the fix 1, break 3, blame the user updates.

I have a problem regarding the map panning not working, both in PFD and MFD. I have tried serching on this thread and even google, but no solution or many people reporting it, so maybe is something I dont know.

I have tried uninstaling Working title G1000 and using the base, and map panning works no problem.

Im playing on Xbox, and this problem exist (at least for me) since v0.3.0. Now I have instaled v0.5.1 and still not working

1 Like

That’s a shame as SPAD is an excellent program, and gives you much greater control over your hardware. I changed the IAS button to control FLC in the Grand Caravan. You can’t do that with the Logitech drivers.

im sure it is. ive used FSUIPC for years. not my point. what happens next update? you have to go back and change something else. its become ridiculous. if i can’t bind buttons and controls IN THE SIM, its not worth my time. i want to fly, not write programs.
i should add thats its not just the NXi.
every sim update has changed alpha / bravo bindings…ridiculous

It sounds like your mind is made up in that case.

I wish you luck.

2 Likes

I reinstalled this NXi mod today only to find that a big white border pops up around the edge of the MFD and PFD whenever I look at them using an Xbox Controller. I’d noticed this behavior on the cockpit panels in some aircraft after the changes to SU5 but it thankfully doesn’t happen with the standard G1000. It disappears if I touch my mouse and reappears as soon as I move the controller.

Does anyone know how to disable this, or even why it started appearing after SU5? It’s so immersion breaking and I dont even see why it was added in the first place. I did a search of the forum for this issue and found a couple of threads on the subject that had no replies.

I really wanted to use the NXi mod now that nexrad and other missing features have been added but I can’t use it while this white box appears constantly while just looking around in the cockpit. Any tips or info is much appreciated.

Map panning is not yet implemented on the NXi.

This release is early access, and will continue to break in various ways (sometimes big, sometimes small) with each release, as is indicated on the Marketplace description. We are aware of the peripherals bindings issue and are investigating them. If you want something that isn’t early access, please use the default G1000.

This white border, starting in SU5, indicates that the instrument has areas that can be clicked on the screen itself. We register as a touchscreen to allow for the clicking in and out of keyboard focus mode. It cannot be disabled that I’m aware of.

-Matt | Working Title

Yep, I read it. Like I said, everything works well in the 172 but not in the DA40. Did you try it in the DA40?

It sounds like you may be using the MrTommyMXR mod. If so, there was a very recent update to make it compatible with the NXi autopilot, which you may need to download.

-Matt | Working Title

1 Like

Thank you. I saw many videos of people panning the map and being unable to do it myself was driving me crazy.
I know the NXi is a early access and may have bugs or not fully functional, but coud not find anyway that the map panning is a feature not yet implemented.

Well, lets just wait.

Oh, you’re right! I forgot I did install this mod. Thank you! I knew it didn’t make sense for the G1000 to work in one aircraft but not another.

Thanks for the reply and info.

I can’t believe this is considered to be a useful addition. It even covers up half of the buttons at the bottom of the G1000NXi. If it’s intentional, why does it only appear when using the Xbox Controller? Why not when looking at panels with the mouse? Why does it appear on the NXi G1000 and not with the default G1000?

Could I make an impassioned plea to allow us to disable this in some way in the main sim, not just the NXi. You’ve obviously seen the outcry of disdain for the white dot appearing all the time in the middle of the screen. Imagine what it’s like to play with a huge white box appearing whenever I look at my PFD. It’s ten times worse.

Yeah, I am pretty sure it is [Select Heading Bug] that used to mimic clicking the Heading Knob on the instrument panel in-game. I have the same button designated for the Bug and to toggle heading hold. Toggling heading hold works fine, selecting the bug does not work as it did before 0.5.0 or in the stock G1000.