Working Title G1000 NXi Discussion Thread

For the reason mentioned: because the NXi registers as a touchscreen in order to allow for clicking in and out of keyboard focus mode.

This is not really our purview at the moment, but I can pass it on to the team.

-Matt | Working Title

1 Like

Thank you. Please do. It’s a horrible addition to the sim. I never had a problem figuring out which screens were touch screens while using a mouse. I don’t understand why we need a big white border to show it’s a touch screen while using a controller either. Controller users aren’t idiots.

If the team does consider it essential then there has to be a more subtle and less immersion breaking way to let them know than this ridiculous white box. It’s far far worse than the white dot and the currently oversized tooltips combined. I can assure you that if it appeared when using a mouse, the forums would be full of complaints asking for it’s removal. At least have it disable in Legacy mode or something.

I’m usually the last person to complain so please take that into consideration when considering just how bad of an addition this is to the sim. Would you want it to happen every time you looked at the PFD? If the answer is no, then why would a controller user want it either.

3 Likes

How did you see videos of people panning the map if panning is not implemented yet?

Matt,

Regarding the white border, on my PC, if I use the keyboard command Ctrl + 1 to Toggle Instrument View #1, for example, the white border does not appear. If I assign the Toggle Instrument View #1 to one of the D-Pad buttons on my Xbox controller, the white border appears. So, this is specific to using an Xbox controller?

Is it possible to assign the actual keystrokes (Ctrl+1) to a D-Pad button on the controller, in the hope that this would bypass the white border? Hope that’s not a dumb question .

BTW, I love the Nxi!

Bill

Dear all,
flying the Cessna C208B, I can’t activate the APR-Mode inside the autopilot. What do I wrong?See Screenshot (Approach EDDH Rwy 23, ILS 111.50)

I’m assuming you’re above the glideslope because you can’t activate approach mode. To my amateur eye, everything looks ok. And you hit APPR before the faf leg?

Have you any other mod installed, specific to the 208 or avionics that might be getting in the way? Are you on the latest version 0.5.1 from a couple of days ago?

I’ve been flying the 208 on 0.5.1 without any hitches at all, so it seems odd.

In addition to what Flying2Night said, I don’t know if APR can be enabled while SUSPend is active.

1 Like

That’s strange, I’m using also 0.51
Automatic switching from GPS to Localizer works, only Approach not, even when the glidescope says decent.

So it’s not anything related to hardware/vars and 0.5.0 then.
Hmmm.

When did you attempt APPR? Right after the LOC captured, at the initial approach fix, and before the final approach fix, and when below the glideslope?

Seems really odd that the button would do nothing. As @GoFasterS4 suggests, maybe suspend inhibits this, once that kicks in.

EDIT: Found this, although this seems to relate to RNAV rather than ILS approaches, and SUSP is not in the HSI but on the SoftKey.
So I’m none the wiser as yet.

1 Like

Hi. Love the NXi. Here’s a bug I think: I can’t adjust VS in the sim with the mouse or on my Honeycomb Bravo with the rotary knob IF the Honeycomb Bravo rotary selector knob is set to VS. Spinning either the dial on the AP console or the Honeycomb does not change the VS. Plane is Cessna 208 B Grand Caravan. Tx.

3 Likes

What is SUSP?

On your PFD image above, you’ll see the SUSP soft key at the bottom, with the little green line underneath it.

Wondering if that has anything to do with the inability for APPR to activate, as @GoFasterS4 suggests.

1 Like

Pauses the automatic sequencing of waypoints. But I think maybe APR did not arm because you were past the FAF (PISAS) when you pressed the button?

SNAP! :joy::joy::joy:
(something something to get more than 10 characters)

Thx,
Will try it tomorrow

I just captured an RNAV glidepath with SUSP there just like he has. Dunno if it’s a bug and it shouldn’t capture, but mine captured and went all the way down to the runway. I even thought about pressing it to remove the SUSP but decided to leave it just to test if it captured, and it did.

1 Like

Yeah, I’ve not had any issues either, and that’s with RNAV GP and ILS GS scenarios.
And as I understand it SUSP is to prevent the Missed Approach legs from kicking in when reaching the runway. So for a Missed Approach you’d actually hit the SUSP soft key (although I’ve never tried it, so I can’t confirm).

As said, maybe a timing issue with the APPR being pressed just too late in the procedure.

V4nKw15h,

Found a workaround for the white border problem.

https://joytokey.net/en/

For the PFD and MFD on the Nxi, use joytokey to assign Ctrl+1 to an Xbox button and Ctrl+2 to another button. In MSFS, go to the Controls section for the Xbox Controller, and clear out the assignment for the two buttons. Works great.

Bill

Is it possible to move the installation of the G1000NXi from the official folder to the community folder?

Despite the many complaints, I want to say big THANK YOU ! to ASOBO and WT.
Except very small and minor issues that are still present in the sim, I really enjoy it and extremely impressed with it’s capabilities. I took a multi leg flight from the east to the mid-west USA and I’m very impressed with the experience. The Graphics are amazing, performance are great, and the new WT NXi is really took it to the next level. I’m a current airline driver yet flying low with GA planes is a great experience. Here are some pictures I wanted to share with you, enjoy !
(Note the amazing tree draw distance !)

System : I9-9900K (Liquid Cooled), 32GB DDR4 3200Mhz, 1TB MSFS dedicated NVMe, RTX 3080Ti.

12 Likes