Working Title Joins Microsoft Flight Simulator Family - Announcement, FAQ & Twitch Segment

Great news indeed! We are not talking about just the G1000 here, Imagine that they will definitely work contribute on the whole lot of different planes in general. Win win for the community!

Kudos to Asobo/MS for taking this action!
Cheers!! blue skies ahead!

4 Likes

Well that’s just cool!

Congrats to WT for their partnership with MSFS! I think this will only lead to real improvement in systems integration within the sim.

“We will watch your career with great interest”

7 Likes

Well ■■■■. I’m glad to hear this. There’s been a lot of secrecy and NDA-style “something’s happening but we can’t talk about it” talk on their Discord when asking aobut the future of their mods. I (wrongly) thought that this meant they’d been contracted to do the Garmin fixes for yesterday’s update. And I was rather sad to see that wasn’t the case.

I haven’t watched the stream, so I don’t know the details yet. If someone could share, that would be appreciated.

4 Likes

Currently LIVE right now:

Great news! Congrats to the Working Title team!!

1 Like

I know. I’m at work. Can’t watch right now unfortunately.

1 Like

Congratulations to Working Title / Asobo / MS. Great news for the community.

2 Likes

amazing, i just recently checked out a couple of their mods which i really liked, and now this.

congrats to those involved at WT.

1 Like

This is some of the best news I’ve seen in awhile. Congrats to the whole WT team, you guys have done good work, and are being rightly rewarded for it! And I’ve been praying for/calling for/predicting this for awhile now, maybe MS should hire me as a chief strategist or something?

Just please don’t forget where you came from, and if @Crunchmeister71 is right about the v4 beta not working, please fix that before you get swallowed completely, as we need that to hold us over until perhaps v5 comes out as an official MS/Asobo product in a month or two

Congrats again, I’m absolutely giddy at this news!

2 Likes

Nothing you said answers my original question, and the fact that [kaosfere4829] stated that they can’t give concrete answers right now means that we get won’t clear info (answers on details) for while.

There is also a thread on Avsim where WT is answering questions
above and beyond
what was presented in the video.

I have a feeling that what ends up in the sim will look more like 0.4 than 0.3.

That said, I haven’t personally tried 0.4 in the update since I can’t play due to my horrid 15 fps frame rate. Just going by what someone else said.

@Crunchmeister71, I don’t know why that’s happening to you. My 2D performance is as good as ever (and that’s based on actual fps measurements), and my 3D seems better, though in that case I’m going based on what my eyes see, not what a framerate counter tells me. Frankly, I care about what my eyes like, the actual fps is irrelevant.

I don’t remember what you have under the hood in your rig, but I think it wasn’t all that much different from mine.

1 Like

Awesome news, congratulations!!!

In the Navigraph/Working Title video, Matt says there are 5 main people in Working Title. Which one are you?

5 Likes

Great to see so much talent and experience brought on board. I’d love to see MS reach out and form
more partnerships like this.

3 Likes

It’s really not any kind of conspiracy. The biggest reason we can’t say much is because the plan has literally not been fleshed out yet. I still have a week left at my current job! :joy: So when we say we don’t know timings or roadmaps yet, that’s why. But we’ll be working on that. As we mentioned in the Q&A and elsewhere, we will be working to bring our existing work into the sim, as well as making our foundational work in the CJ4 available across the sim and not just in one plane. And we will be focusing heavily in the HTML/JS/TS SDK side.

I just want to thank everyone who has been so gracious. It’s really just so incredibly humbling to hear. We feel the future is incredibly bright and that we can bring the same focus that we brought to the systems of our mods to the simulator at large.

-Matt

24 Likes

Sincere congratulations to the WT team and Asobo. This should be great!

2 Likes

This is great news for your team and the future of the sim, so as others have said, congratulations to you all.

Came over really well in the stream too talking about it and answering questions.

Did anyone else notice Jorg and Martial’s reactions when you finished your bit in the stream? Martial looked like a man who’d just won the lottery :grin:

3 Likes

It would be great if could could internally push for partly opening the premium planes. I’m sure a system can be figured out that keeps the planes only accessible to premium/deluxe users yet allowing for mods.

2 Likes

Congratulations WT team and best of luck. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes