World Update 12

Haven’t seen any teasers of world update 12 NZ yet. Soon to be released isn’t it? February 7/8? Thought we might have seen something by now😎

I wish you a better World Update than Canada! :smiley:

9 Likes

The last Dev livestream never put a specific date on the release, all they put for a “probable” release of WU 12 was “February”. I’d be surprised if they actually released it that early in February, but I’d certainly welcome it!
Regards

2 Likes

Indeed, but at least Jorg commented on it during the last Q&A and recognized that it was a disappointment and that they will go back and fix it.

1 Like

From the last Q&A livestream.

• 6 photogrammetry cities
  • 30+ POI’s
  • 4 airports/airfields (‘maybe more’)
  • Aerial & DEM improvements etc.

Milford Sound is one of the airfields.

2 Likes

Yes Ive seen the original announcement. I want more lol

1 Like

All World Updates are great news, but I wish South America, Asia, Africa would get some love eventually.

12 Likes

I did a flight out from Mount Cook last night. 16C and the airfield was surrrounded by snow!!! Is the New Zealand update going to address this in anyway?

1 Like

In a word; No.

Noticed this quite often, is it something only/mostly happening in NZ?

India, SE Asia, Indonesia… Maybe in another 3 years’ time? :neutral_face:

5 Likes

Looking forward to NZ, hoping it’s a good one.

Is it the same Orbx NZ mesh in the store? What if we’ve already bought that?

I hope Mt Cook is one of the other strips.

2 Likes

I’d rather see them fix this low bandwith problem (which I don’t have, it’s on there end) than NZ, just saying :slight_smile:

1 Like

I hope it is not the same. I had to uninstall it because it was causing connection problems. Not even sure how that is possible but I confirmed it.

I haven’t had any connection issues with it.

How did you confirm it was the cause?
What sort of connection are you on?

The mesh is downloaded, it doesn’t stream, and the textures that are streamed are the same, so not sure how it could impact connection. Unless it’s a performance issue with your machine trying to render the mesh resolution.

If I uninstall it I have no connection problems. If I re-install it the problem comes back. I found the solution by reading posts from people having the same problem.

What graphic settings were you using?

That question was asked in the latest dev Q&A. Jörg said, it will be compatible with ORBX mesh. So I think it’s not the same.

Here the transscript from the latest developer stream:

Will this make the Orbx New Zealand mesh redundant or cause any conflicts that we should know about?

Timestamp

Jorg - So, I would say it this way: Holger from Orbx, who was the main geospatial guy: He did both. So, I’m pretty sure that it’ll work. And frankly, I think Orbx always does a really great job with their products. So, I’m not aware that there’s any issues at all. Plus, they added a cool extra thing. So, I don’t predict [that] there’s anything.

4 Likes

Thanks. Still, " pretty sure that it’ll work" isn’t “Yes, 100%” when it comes to maths or mesh blending!
I’d still like some official statement from MS clarifying it.

NZ mesh is great, but it was only $10 but not a big loss if have to ditch it, just would like to know more, as they say in bug land.

2 Likes