World Update 4: France, Belgium, Netherlands and Luxembourg

We had this confusion on the last update (sim update 3) where 1 link showed an earlier date (Tuesday) and another link showed later (Thursday). It could be the link a few posts up is the ‘topics’ of the developers update which the post each Thursday and the 13/14th could be the binaries updated, as is normally the release flow. We will just have to wait and see!

Yeah, Asobo/Microsoft always cause confusion by stating the Thursday date in that week, not the W/C date (Monday) which would make it more straight forward and easy to plan it I’m sure it’s currently scheduled for tomorrow! :grinning:

1 Like

According to the official Roadmap, the WU4 day is tomorrow April 13, “(04/13)”.

2 Likes

The offical Development Roadmap is here:
Development Roadmap - Microsoft Flight Simulator

1 Like

Information updates. Please use the latest Development Update. The latest update is:
https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/blog-april-8th-2021-development-update/388210/2

Wow, that looks incredible. I hope that one day we have default scenery like that.

1 Like

The latest devlog doesn’t include the picture version of the roadmap, which has always been correct. And I can’t see any black on white confirmation that it is indeed scheduled for Thursday. (except for that web friendly version of the roadmap)

The web friendly version has always been wrong. The web friendly always stated Thursday, same as the header in the picture version. But it always has been Tuesday, same as the date mentioned between the brackets on the picture version.

The community managers need to reconsider how to deal with this. It is funny how even moderators are confused by it. (every time)

That webfriendly version is nothing more than a reminder of what items will be talked about in the devlog.

The only thing that indicates to me that something is off, is that they now scheduled their Q&A on Tuesday instead of Wednesday.

4 Likes

You are right, the date the Moderator gave is the Weekly Dev Update (every Thursday). What I gave was the WU4 release date which is tomorrow April 13 (04/13). I’m not happy that my messages here were removed as spam. Well, I’m back here again tomorrow, dealing with this issue about the way the Moderator here handled this after I have hopefully downloaded the WU4.

2 Likes

That’s never going to happen unless Google provide there data for free. I think some folks are forgetting what a unique situation MSFS has and it’s a pretty special one to have all of these partners working together to pull off an incredible VFR experience.

I do think X-Plane can do very well though building on their plausible scenery - they are not restricted by the issues of using satelite imagery and could potentially create scenery looking a lot more realistic than MSFS even if it’s not going to be as accurate or as diverse.

1 Like

My gut feeling is that WU4 will not be released tomorrow.

In the latest dev update they said they are “excited for the dev Q&A and will discuss WU4”, however, nothing about actually releasing it.
If it was coming tomorrow, you would expect them to say something along the lines of “we also look forward to WU4, which is completed and locked in for release on Tuesday the 13th”, as they have done previously.
My feeling is that they will come onto the Q&A and will either announce a delay to WU4 or say that it is coming on Thursday.
I hope to be proven wrong on this one!

1 Like

We will know tomorrow. :slight_smile:

But a reminder that:

-in Q&As (which is usually scheduled the day after the release) they discuss the update from the day before (release on Tuesday vs Q&A on Wednesday)
-For some strange reason they share the trailers for world updates 2 days after release. (release on Tuesday vs Dev Update on Thursday)

The PR department of this game is an unexplainable mess.

4 Likes

If even moderators are confused about the release dates it says something about how clear the communication actually is.

I’d still say it’s going to be released tomorrow.

:relieved:

6 Likes

guess we will know after the devs q&a which is stated for tomorrow. if not we will never know :wink:

I agree, tomorrow is my expectation

No confusion from the moderator group. We are looking forward to a busy week with the usual progression of the World Update, SDK Update, and the Thursday Dev / Roadmap update. Not to mention tomorrow’s live stream Q&A at 17:30z.

Looking forward to it :slight_smile: So the world update will be released on the 15th?

They are probably trying to figure what is an acceptable bug level, before releasing it.

2 Likes

So, can you confirm a release date on World Update IV?

Either the moderator higher up the thread is confused about the release date due to Asobo’s strange calendar or Asobo didn’t properly announce the different date.

Both ways prove the PR for this game is a mess.