World Update VI - Germany, Switzerland and Austria

The next world update (VI) will be Germany, Switzerland, Austria.

The update is coming August 2021.

EDIT: World update VI is now live and can be downloaded

52 Likes

Source pls?

9 Likes

Totally forgot about the QnA, thank you.

1 Like

Yay! Good news for me Berliner :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Still no Brazil or South America…

10 Likes

oh. another europe update. nothing new here.

7 Likes

I live near LOWI but rather wanted Alaska to receive the next update.

Karl

5 Likes

Getting closer to Italy and Greece.

6 Likes

I would really have liked to see other regions get more attention, especially the south americas (beside some…aaaeehhmmm…oversea territories(sorry, language is a (thanks to the attentive reader!))) but it seems that we have to wait for other regions until europe is completely updated.

…said the european, shaking his head uncomprehendingly :thinking:.

2 Likes

Really didn’t expect that. Germany already has a lot of photogrammetry and POIs and after three European updates in a row I expected them to switch continents. But I definitely won’t complain :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hmmm… It’ll be cool if they added better meshes for the Alps.

Sure hope WU VII is Canada! Austraila/New Zealand being my second choice after that.

10 Likes

fantastic, i hope the alps get a make over

6 Likes

Of course it is with this Eurocentric game.

3 Likes

Argentina.

9 Likes

ahahah excellent :rofl:

Nice, was looking forward to this announcment since release of MSFS. Austria definitely needs better bing maps images.

1 Like

Wow totally forgot about this as well!

Time Stamp 17:30 is where the information starts for WU6.

1 Like

Great scenery in Argentina! I’d love all of the Andes, Amazon, Patagonia etc to get good terrain meshes and textures. South America is vast, so challenging to do it all. And man, they’d really need to update the trees and vegetation to have much more variety and accuracy to do the Amazon justice. I haven’t tried because I just assume it’s just generic green broccoli trees as far as the eyes can see. But I’ve been meaning to try some Andes journeys.

5 Likes