World Update VIII: Iberia

That’s my problem too. Usually climbing up over a city on takeoff. Must go do some VFR stuff at some point. Otherwise I should just go back to FS2000 lol. :rofl:

1 Like

It’s a war, mate. This is a civilian plane crash that killed 130 people. MSFS is an aviation game/sim. It’s really not hard to understand the logic here.

Again, it’s a 48 hour delay. They’ve delayed updates and been transparent about it before.

If they delayed an update every time a human being passed away due to aviation, it’d never get released.

With respect, I think you’re being a bit flippant.

5 Likes

True :smiley: This is one of my most anticipated WUs, there are so many interesting places to see in Iberia.

4 Likes

There’s a Q&A with the devs later at 17:30z, I’m almost certain there’ll be information about the WU on there, I’ll be tuning in myself :+1:

10 Likes

Anywhoo, I’m done with discussing the semantics of what constitutes an aviation disaster. It’s going to derail the thread.

I am looking forward to seeing what is hopefully done with Lisbon, personally. It’s a great city. Sevilla too.

In truth it won’t. But that doesn’t make it a bad idea either.

1 Like

It won’t, they’re just making a small gesture as a mark of respect. There doesn’t have to be anything tangible to gain from doing it, it’s just basic human decency. Evidently this is in short supply in this particular thread.

8 Likes

Hi,
¿Does anyone know exactly which airports, cities and scenery are going to be added or changed?
Thank you in advance.

Until upcoming dev Q&A session at 5:30GMT tonight you may have to go with this short synopsis of stills as there has been no announcement yet. Looks like Barcelona has been updated. They mention bridges and 4 airports. Anyone recognise the other stills?

No one knows, except MS and Asobo.

-eelis-

I’m pretty sure @BragRaindrop933 mentioned the upcoming Q&A session tonight.

2 Likes

I wonder if anyone will ask a question about the recent modding kerfuffle with Aerosoft.

I’ll be watching with interest, and hopefully this particular topic doesn’t pop up, and waste too much time that would be better spent on more important issues.

1 Like

Nice! Thanks for the info :smiley:

1 Like

I pretty much recognize everything, I am spanish.
0:23 is “Parque del Retiro” in Madrid
0:30 is the “Palacio Real” in Madrid
0:35 “Sagrada Familia Cathedral” Barcelona
0:44 I don’t remember where that bridge is, but I have been on it before
00:48 “Ciudad de las artes y las ciencias” Valencia
00:55 I don’t recognize the church, at first I thought it was Granada, but I think it is not

2 Likes

It’s in solidarity.

But your 2 days with the update is more important I guess.

2 Likes

Thank you,
But the Ciudad de las Artes y las Ciencias in Valencia was already in MSFS 2020 since the first day…

The update is not important in comparison to what happened.

BUT … do you think even 1 Chinese family member will even have noticed Asobo delayed an update for Spain in flightsimulator ?

And 2nd … will a donation on Asobo’s behalf not be more noticed and respectful towards family members … instead postponing an update of Spain and then life continues?

Did DCS delay the launch for the Apache now that people in Ukraine are slaughtered by combat helicopters ? Is ARMA 3 pulled from the shelves because of this war ? Will GTA 7 be postponed to honor car accident victim’s ?

Yes postponing does not really hurt anybody. I personally do not care that it was postponed for just 2 days ( even 2 weeks for that matter ) …

but stop pretending it matters to victims or their poor family. A donation would have helped … but that cost money so lets do it like this …… hmmm

14 Likes

and I would add more, if instead of being a free update it would have been a dlc or a paid patch, I don’t believe that they would have delayed.

2 Likes

Thank you. This should eb a good update. Plenty of landmarks to go visit.

1 Like

The thing you are all failing to see is that there may be employees that have direct / indirect links to the crash. I’m not sure they’d ever share that, but internally it may have felt appropriate to postpone.
Trying to second guess this or make it into something it isn’t is just being narrow minded. If it isn’t an issue for you all then why keep bringing it up? I sense a bleedthrough from the angry Twittersphere going on in this thread and it isn’t pretty.

5 Likes