World Update VIII: Iberia

Discussion in this thread of the release delay has run it’s course. Let’s focus any future posts on the update itself, and it’s likely content, rather than further off-topic arguments or conspiracy theories about MS/Asobo’s motivations.

A reminder that the next Dev Q&A livestream is on 2020-03-23T17:30:00Z over on the Official MSFS twitch channel https://www.twitch.tv/msfsofficial, which may contain more information about the contents of World Update VIII.

10 Likes

Yes I saw it many times

Hoping for something outside of the normal, with the airports. Not El Prat or Barajas. Maybe Malaga, Sevilla, Valencia, something like that? And one of the smaller Portuguese cities. Braga, Varzim etc.

1 Like

I´m from Spain so i´m really interested to see what the new WU will bring. My hometown Seville, looks already good because it was one of the first cities with photogrammetry. But the terrain around the city, specially the Aljarafe needs some improvement.
I don´t know if the AI to build the generic houses will be improved too, because in the surroundings there are some big warehouses where there should be normal houses, with gardens, pools, etc… I guess it happens in the rest of the world too.

2 Likes

0:55 is the Cathedral of Murcia, although, it is already there since quite long now, so don’t understand why is that a novelty.

2 Likes

What time is in GMT?

It will be 19:30 GMT.

1 Like

I think it is 17:30 GMT

2 Likes

0:44 Puente del Corgo, Autovía Transmontana in Portugal.

1 Like

I’m wondering how my LatinVFR LEBL add on will work as it has Barcelona city landmarks too. Hopefully it all still works together. :crossed_fingers:

3 Likes

Yeah, but not as a point of interest afaik, just included as photogrammetry iirc

I see thanks! I have never been in Murcia, no wonder I did not recognize it hahaha

This is correct after I looked.

It is a good bet in Vegas that Asobo won’t touch that with a 10 ft pole.

1 Like

No real update this evening then? (For Spain)

According to this page it would be 09:00 GMT

1 Like

It does actually say…

“ March 24th at 2:00 AM PDT (0900Z)”

0900Z is Zulu time, which is military speak for UTC which is the same as GMT at the moment.

2 Likes

They mentioned the aiports but I can’t spell them… Andorra, Pico?, Faro and Acajuna - somehing like that

Torre Caleido is missing in preview trailer CTBA Madrid. :pleading_face:

The previewed video from the Dev call for this WU looks fantastic. Looking forward to it.