World Updates-Eastern Europe

Hi everyone. Didn’t know where to post this so I put it here in G.D. I didn’t see a “Sugestions” thread on the MSFS2020 forums.

Anyway I’m just wondering if Asobo is planning to update Eastern Europe?

I’m assuming they plan on eventually updating the entire planet. They have fans and players from all over the world.

Would also love to see Spain and Italy. I hear Australia is in the works. Can’t wait for New Zealand as well. Both those countries have some amazing views

next will australia, that’s for sure:)

Australia. Seriously? C’mon…
Time for european Countries.
How many buyers from Australia? And how many from Europe?.. -.-’

1 Like

Yup would love nothing more then a good thorough update… from Czech Republic to Slovakia, Croatia & Romania(with the Carpathian Mnt. range) to Bulgaria and Hungary. Not to mention how many old castles and ruins dot those old Balkan landscapes. It will be a beautiful site!

7 Likes

I will add my vote for the expansion of the world update towards the Czech Republic, the Slovak Republic, the Republic of Poland, Romania, Hungary and the republics of the former Yugoslavia.

10 Likes

I am also in favor of updating the EU, especially the central EU (Slovakia, the Czech Republic, Poland, Hungary). I hope it will be in the next update.

5 Likes

Yes i want too CZ, SK and CRO. My dream is esp. CRO with all harbors with yachts and boats.

3 Likes

Personally, I believe there is a need for 4 more Europe updates:

• Spain/Portugal
  • Italy
  • Balkans/Greece
  • Central/eastern Europe
3 Likes

It will come my friend. We just have to be patient

1 Like

Probably I’m not objective here coming from Warsaw, Poland myself, but I wonder how big the community of flight simmers interested in exploring this part of EU is. I mean especially Poland, Czechia, Slovakia, Hungary, I can imagine this could be done as one update, and then later on (or earlier) - the Balkans, as a separate region too. I’ve been flying a lot on Vatsim all over Europe and judging just by the number of simmers taking off and landing in EPWA, LKPR, LHBP, as well as by the overall representation of online ATC in these regions I feel quite confident the community here is pretty extensive. Cities like Prague, Warsaw, Budapest could definitely use some touching up (especially taking into consideration the fact that while Western and Southern Europe has plenty examples of such, there’s literally NOT A SINGLE photogrammetry city east of German border) and seeing them in photogrammetry standard would certainly add a lot to flying experience in this part of the world.

6 Likes

I think for more cities to have photogrammetry Bing Maps has to be updated first then they get “created” for the Sim. Correct me if I’m wrong.

Well, I know that at least Warsaw and Prague have had very detailed aerial and photogrammetry images in Google Maps for years. Dunno about Bing though, I’ll check it out.

Edit: just checked it. Warsaw Bing representation is by no means inferior to the ones of Berlin, Paris, Frankfurt, etc. Very detailed. Actually I also realized that, surprisingly enough, Bing images are more up to date being as late as 2021, than the Google ones.

I’m from Hungary, Budapest and other cities also represented quite well in Bing Maps. From my flight experience in the game, the buildings locations, their approximate size, the streets are accurate, but since almost every building created by AI (except the Parliament which is properly modeled in 3D and it is also a POI), they are a bit sketchy and inaccurate. However the AI did a quite impressive job I think, because if I fly close to buildings that I know for real, about 60-70% of them is quite similar, the others are not. But hey, you couldn’t really tell the difference from 3-4000 ft above ground :smiley: Of course I also hope that this region will get a World Update in the future, and the cities could get a more detailed 3D representation with much more POIs and landmarks! :slight_smile:

Drake

1 Like

I need to agree that Germany is pretty nicely covered, maybe even the nicest in the whole Europe, and I fly there quite often. But I also like the way the Netherlands look. In fact I was just flying there last night, pretty high FL though, so I didn’t have a chance to have a closer look. I think I liked the way Amsterdam was portrayed when I flew there the other day, but then again I’m sure you, as a Dutch person, have much better recognition of what it should be! :slight_smile:

1 Like

You do realize that as of 2020 census Poland alone has higher GDP than Portugal and Norway combined making it the 23rd economy in the world, yet these countries have had their updates (Portugal’s coming) and Warsaw area is one of the wealthiest in the whole European Union? Or you’re just being arrogant?

I would love Central and Eastern Europe.

1 Like

Please note that Czech Republic & Slovakia has its own wishlist:

2 Likes

As much as I’d love to see my lovely neighbor countries touched up, I do believe if it happens it will be a larger region, like Central-Eastern Europe, not just these two small countries on their own.

Someone in WU8 thread suggested an interesting approach as to how new regions might be in fact distributed. He claims that Asobo might be following the actual congestion of flight simmers as reported by flightsim.to number of freeware addons created by the community. If that’s tha case, we could actually see Eastern/Central Europe reworked quite soon, as this is pretty much one of four regions not covered yet.

1 Like

That’s not quite what I said or am suggesting.

3rd party content creators are creating sceneries and airports based on requests from the community. People want high quality scenery for where they fly. The 3rd party content you see on flightsim.to can be seen at least in part a reflection of where people fly the most. While it’s not a 100% accurate representation, it does give us a pretty good indication. Keep in mind that this doesn’t account for Xbox players either, since they can’t use external mods.

MS are certainly using their own internal data, not data or trends from flightsim.to. Their own server stats will be far more accurate than a 3rd party site. They know where their users are from and where they fly. There just seems to be a heavy correlation (80% overlap) between the sceneries in flightsim.to’s top 15 and what’s been released or announced from MSFS world updates. Hence why I say this can probably be used as a good indication of what may be in the pipeline for forthcoming world updates. I wouldn’t say this is a surefire thing though. Just a good indication of what we may see.

But the availability of quality geo-data is still the #1 factor whether or not a region / country can get a world update. Just because your yet-to-be-updated region is in on MS’ map for an update, whether or not they can get quality geo-data will determine if it’s done or not.