Wrong temperatures

Flying over north Africa (Algeria) at FL400, look temperatures:
TAT=> +71°
SAT=> +30°
:thinking: :thinking: :thinking: :thinking:

Looks like there may be an ongoing issue with live weather today. Getting other reports on here and through the MSFS discord.

1 Like

Same here, over Norway during climb ISA +63C at FL280 preventing the CJ4 to continue the climb.

2 Likes

Replace c with f

1 Like

FL390 and ISA is +79???

1 Like

Looks like there may be an ongoing issue with live weather today. Getting other reports on here and through the MSFS discord.

Weird, the weather seems pretty much right here in Ohio.

Yea it is definitely messing up today. Keeps messing with how much thrust engines need on autopilot and throttles keeps going up and down. Changed weather to clear skies and all that nonsense stopped.

2 Likes

Same thing here.

1 Like

Clear skies worked for me as well.

1 Like

Great to see it’s not an issue on my end. :sweat_smile: Clear skies it is! Thanks

1 Like

Same, seems anything but live weather works :frowning: No VATSIM today then

Thanks, I hadn’t spotted this and was trying to work out why the performance was so poor today! Just over the English channel - I mean it’s warm in the UK now but not THAT warm!!

5 Likes

Why isn’t there some kind of sanity check for this issue (which has happened before)? Live weather is a great idea, but the simulator shouldn’t blindly recreate obviously wrong conditions. I don’t know how this data is gathered and computed, but it would be better to set some internal bounds beyond which the sim defaults to standard conditions rather than crank out +79 at FL390 and break things.

1 Like

Yes - occurred for my flying from Paderborn to Rome - huge fluctuations of temperature all attitudes. Probably a feed issue from metoblue…annoying how these things creep in.

Two-and-a-half hours simming today in the UK and the live weather has been spot on here with light and variable winds with some cumulus bubbling up this afternoon.

I hate this necessity to be on the internet in order to have this thing work somewhat-properly. This cloud-based stuff just sucks. My internet speeds are not always reliable and it is causing a lot of problems. The weather and the live traffic do not work right. It seems like the weather is always a day late and never matches the real world. REX Weather Force is not much better imo.

3 Likes

How does the sim read VATSIM weather? Does it use VATSIM weather sources or does it use Meteo Blue like I hear the sim uses?

It doesn’t read vatsim (or any 3rd party source). It uses metar and forecast model from meteoblue.

1 Like

Still messed up. Is it a regional thing?
Wondering why so few complain.

1 Like