WU6 … airport items floating above ground … sometimes (e.g. at LFSB, EDWJ)

While researching the bug related to …

… I ran into an “interesting” 3D object mis-placement bug. Once during my 10 visits to LFSB (Basel) I got the following result, where lots of smaller object have been floating above ground:

This only happened once, so it can not be a bug in the airports design … but it must be a bug in the sim, which seems to mis-place the items (too high on the y-axis) for some reason on that rare occasion.

With that background I now think that what I saw e.g. at the island of Juist (EDWJ) was also not a bug of the airport, but a sim placement bug. There for example the people were flying above the building while the building was halfway submerged into the ground.

:astonished: :thinking: :upside_down_face: :innocent: :mask:

Hope you have submitted a ticket for these?

Nope. I restrict myself to the forum.

I have a floating airport worker in taxi area of KDCA
Strange as surrounding workers are fine

I “suspect” that what we are seeing might be related to the timing at which the objects get placed.

Perhaps some objects get placed very early during the progressive landscape (elevation mesh) buildup. Now if at a less detailed LOD the terrain is higher then the objects end up higher … but once the refinement kicks in … the terrain might drop down but the “old” objects remain anchored at a higher y-level.

This is just a guess … but since the placement is not uniform nor truly reproducible … it must be some kind of “race condition”.