X52 PRO - Predefined setup

Unplugged x52 pro, rebooted then started flight, go to control options and plug in x52. It then tells me its detected and if I want to use defaults. Not sure if we are gonna have to do this every time until they patch it but working for now.

Not sure where the xbox pass version stores the configs for joysticks, else I’d post it but hopefully doing the above would work for most poeple.

2 Likes

@ wishmasterroy ; very good job from YOU, not from MS/ASOBO.

Thanks a lot ! :slightly_smiling_face:

I already posted a workaround on the steam community forum 9 hours ago.

For people with H.O.T.A.S. not beeing recognized or was working but now it doesnt.

Start flightsim 2020 with the HOTAS usb disconnected. when in game go to controls. Connect the HOTAS, choose custom controls when it asks you.
it should now be visible and working again.

Logitech X52 Pro.
Gamepass user

3 Likes

I mean, they made an incredibly awesome simulator, and its launch day. I just found a temporary work around to a minor bug on launch day. I think they did a pretty amazing job, despite first day issues. I assume they’ll have this fixed in due time. But thanks! ha

@ wishmasterroy : that works very fine ! Thanks

X52 Pro (Saitek Branded) - No default profile
Manual programming works but what a pain…

Scenery is awesome though…

2 Likes

I tried this, and no dice. I am on the Gamepass version, if that would make a difference.

Can I ask where the patch is from?

Mine is now working
I unplugged the usb and started flight simulator, I went into controller settings and then plugged in the usb port of the HOTAS. It said new device recognized, I selected “Default” and it showed up and is now working.
I just exited the game and went back in and it is not recognized again.
I then unplugged it restarted and then plugged it back in at the controls menu and it was working again, this time added a button by changing the filter to ALL and saved a custom profile for it and now it works through a restart.
Good luck everyone

2 Likes

Thank you, thank you. I hesitate to call myself an idiot as I don’t think mapping the controls is intuitive, I see a section for controlling pitch and that’s what I go for. It wasn’t until your reply and I searched for axis that I found the correct input.
Let’s just say I was a bit of a doofus for not thinking along those lines. I’m putting it down to excitement.

Can confirm I rebooted (with x52 pro still plugged in) and my assignments held since I got them working, I made a duplicate profile of the defaults with the ingame option if that makes any difference.

1 Like

Same here, all blanks. X52 PRO

I had the same issue, went to set up control so had a few settings into the default setting so this work around did not fix it. Once i deleted any controls in the default setting for the x52 this process worked. Thanks for the heads up

Yep having it unplugged before I start game then goto controls abd plugged it in then it assigned keys i then created a duplicated profile so the controls stay there

Yeah have done the unlug, plug after loading then duplicating solution as well.
They need to sort this out though, it’s not as if saitek hotas aren’t popular.

Same bug, but your workarround works for me. Thank you!

Having the same issue with X52 Pro. Was fine with pre-release builds. Seems odd that MS deleted the base control assignments for a very popular control set… :thinking:

Replying to self… Just tried the unplug X-52, restart MSFS, plug X-52 in again and voila !! Must not have been standing on the correct foot or had tongue angled incorrectly when trying previously :rofl: :upside_down_face:

Please forgive me for jumping on this post, but it is related to a certain extent. I have the Saitek X52 Pro and just like the mouse when you press the right mouse button and pan around the cockpit, I want to use my 8 way hat to do the same. Now this has always been really easy with previous versions. It either came already mapped, or you had a view axis you could assign. Am I missing something, or have they made it really awkward to set up? This is so important to me. Thanks for any advice you may be able to share :blush:

my issue is with the x52 and the z axis. It is either 100% right or 100% left when set to both rudder axis and Z axis. anyone have this issue? No way to yaw without rolling it.