X52 PRO - Predefined setup

I have the same bug but unfortunately the workaround does not work for me. When I plug in the X52 Pro wihle beeing in the in the controls tab, the whole Flight Simulator crashes :frowning:

So, no workaround for me…

Aha, I got caught out by this too.

What you have done is programmed an axis into a button command. Do a search for axis and now you should see options for a number of axis eg, pitch yaw, rudder and thrusters. Aside from the name you will know you have the right one as when assigned a line appears under the command that responds to you input movement.

Hi,

when you plugged in the controllers, you have the possibility to select the configuration to load, you shouldn’t use DEFAULT but using the arrows you have different options. If I remember well I changed it selecting something like H.O.T.A.S. X52 PRO configuration.

I hope this can help you :slight_smile:

hello
i have same problem, X52 pro is detecteds but i can t affect any fonction…
in the “central screen” i have a black screen, anything…

Bingo !!

Thankyou so much.
Didn’t think I’d get to fly with my X52 until you supplied this info.
Took a bit of trial and error, but the custom profile survived and I have Axis plus assignments to fly with.

Thanks again

Regards

Yeah it does work.!!! Finally. Thanks

Hi I would be very grateful if you try again to look for the xml file of the X52. The right place to look is this C: \ Users \ yourusername \ AppData \ Local \ Packages \ Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe \ SystemAppData \ wgs. here you will find a series of folders with input devices. In one of them is the xml file of the X52. I am truly grateful if you will. Thank you

1 Like

How i got it to work. I deleted it from the " Device and Printer " setup page. !!! Not from the Device Manager!!! Then i startet the game and while in the Device setup i plugged the x52 pro in he USB and MFS responded with " new device " found use default ! This was the first time it worked.
I hope that works for others too.

That crashed Flight Sim for me

1 Like

If this helps I found my custom duplicate I made of the default x52 pro just called custom, it was the only xml I found and was in the following directory:

%AppData%\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\SystemAppData\wgs\000900000576048D_00000000000000000000000069F80140\87661781E61747EAB17E896A2B4FD713

Uploaded here, you will need to remove the .pln extension, I couldnt upload without it, normally the file has no extension even though its valid xml.

C2A5C517A2064166BEB491408F510BEE.pln (5.5 KB)

4 Likes

See this I just posted.
For the Pro version, just edit the PROFESSIONAL xml file instead

1 Like

Was the patch from microsoft or the x52 software, i can preconfigure all the switches but am having sensitivity issues with the stick , seems to have a large deadband and then all or nothing , its unusable

yep same issue but if you downloaded the sim thru xbox on pc app you do not have access to the file needed to change the ID… my problem is it keeps saying divise is not the one connected when I try to program keys…even thou its selected i can’t “press a key to assign” I have to scroll and map each one but you can only map single keys so no combos like SFT+?? or ALT+??? nor can you use the other two modes wich you would assign as a shft key or alt key then you have another entire set…
seems the older X52 non pro were not made compleaty compatable

The patch was from MFS, not Logitech.

where exactly does this file go I do not have that extention SystemAppData\wgs after i get to 8wekyb3d8bbwe I have AC,AppData,Local Cache,localState,Roaming State,Settings,TempState
Local cache and roaming state are the only thing in those files the rest are all empty…I looked in everyone for some ID or config for the x52 or even the pro i the x52 does have its own software put where does that config fole go when i am done,Thanks

Im also on the xbox app version, you would have to create the full path if it doesnt exist I guess. When your able to create a custom profile for any of the control schemes they will end up here somewhere. Its possible it will make the sim show the custom profile if you put it in there but I’ve not tried it, just provided the file as another guy wanted it.

What fixed the issue for me was a trial and error sequence of:

1. Install drivers for x52 pro
  2. Plugin x52 pro, it should then make use of this driver.
    (If you already have your x52 working in other sims etc you can assume your driver is working correctly)
  3. Unplug the x52 and Reboot
  4. Start msfs2020 still unplugged
  5. Go to options -> controls and plug the x52 in now
  6. For me at least it detected it and asked me to create a default profile
  7. I then duplicated the default which is the file I posted

Mines been ok since then but when I first did this every time I plugged it in start msfs2020 it would flash the x52 up but will blank assignments, unplugging and re-plugging didnt work for me I had to do the above very specifically.

I found the file but everything is locked I am not happy that MS locks it I paid alot of money and can’t access the files I bought. unacaptable I should have bought the steam version now I am stuck with something that does not work corectly…when I try the unplug restart method it just CTD so that does not work. I opted for a refund I am sick of dealing with the situation I’ll order it from steam where I can access the information I need to fix There screwed up controler ID issue.

Yeah sounds like a bug, mine CTD couple of times when I was unplugging then plugging back in to sim but then eventually worked, probably a bit random or something. Definately needs to be fixed!

Hey there, if anybody came up with a solution for the hat switch pan view will you please post it? Its making me nuts to grab the mouse to look around fluidly like before…

Hi Jacko, Not sure what the problem is. I use my hat switch to look around from cockpit and external views.
You just need to assign them as follows :

Cockpit Camera:
Cockpit Look Down assign to Joystick Pov Down
and then assign Up, Left and Right accordingly.

External View:
External View Right assign to Joystick Pov Right
and then assign accordingly for the rest of your external hat views.

You can assign 8 external views to your hat switch.

Hope that helps - if not give me a shout.

Regards,

Paddy