Xbox/Console Hate is unreal

I came from Eve, boy that game has the best and worst people in its community. It was a large part of what drove me away after 11 years in that community.

That’s perfectly fine. This update was really hit and miss, for some people it went really well, and for others, it has been a ■■■■ show. Issues ranging from the update and installation loops to constant crashes to desktops, and a hot patch that has fixed issues for some and created instability for others.

I really feel sorry for the dev team, if anyone is to blame for the state of the current build blame Microsofts execs who are in charge of the project for setting a release date and pushing it out before it was ready. But I digress…

Hate the patch, be angry at Microsoft, but not the newer generation of users. Not saying you are hating on them, there is a huge difference between what you wrote and crap like this: Please Make a Completely Separate Forum for XBOX Users

1 Like

My forum avatar is from one of my six EvE online accounts. :smiley:

1 Like

Don’t ever justify anything you do in the sim. You choose how to fly, when you do, and nobody else. I am very sad about how the Xbox players were looked down to by some. Why is it so hard to just welcome them and inform them about flying? The goal is to spread joy and love for aviation.

Like some people landing 737’s on aircraft carriers with “superior physics” in Xplane? :grin: Yeah, sometimes even simmers wanna try some unrealistic things and that’s totally fine. Cheers

6 Likes

Hi guys. I’m an Xbox player. I try to play as realistic as I can while keeping in mind I’m new to Flight Sims. I don’t own a PC so Xbox is my only option. I plan on buying the Turtle Beach VelocityOne Flight Yoke once it’s out to add more realism. That being said, I know there are many apps you can get on your phone to track your flight and having a moving map on your phone if you’re playing on PC. Does anyone know if there are any apps (either free or PAID) that definitely work on the Xbox version of Microsoft Flight Simulator? Thanks.

4 Likes

I would also like to know this…

Funny. All the other sims are thanks to Xbox as well? Do you even realize how many people play games on PC and that this number is much bigger than anything Xbox can generate in both pure volume and value?

They need to iron out some serious issues first here . No apps yet . The game is a complete mess both on the Xbox and PC .

Thank you for your post, imo is the forums are unreadable right now, since mods are allowing tons of hate threads by the same few people.
We will have to wait until they leave to be able to use the forums once again without being attacked for sharing our passion about this sim.

1 Like

Slightly off topic, I admit. Or maybe not?
That reminds me of this guy from Finland.
When a welder wants to do something, it gets done. - awesome post - Imgur

1 Like

Thanks for the reply. Hope someone makes an Android app (and Iphone as well but I’m on Android Samsung Note 9) that work with the Xbox version. I have noticed some bugs but nothing game breaking yet but I’ve only got about 25 hours in. I’m sure they’ll continue working on it and Iron out most problems. I am very happy with my purchase overall… just wish I had a Flight Yoke instead of the Xbox Controller. Very excited for the Turtle Beach Velocityone as that looks perfect for me.

1 Like

Probably less of an “allowing” and more of a manpower issue. The team is small, compared to the number of active users.

Welcome yes ! I’m time I’m sure there will be some apps and yes the pre order will be out but I think august . Yes there are issues on both we are all hoping to get them fixed out ! So have fun and welcome to community!

1 Like

And policy issues, those threads are technically not breaking any rules. I missexplained myself, english is not my first language, it seems, on a second read like I was blaming the mods, and that was not my intention

1 Like

I didnt I was just messing with you ROFL

I’m afraid I agree with the sentiment of the original poster.

I joined the forums a few weeks ago because I was excited about the Xbox version and looking forward to using that as an opportunity to immerse myself more fully in flight simulation.

In the last few days I have seen posters on this forum make comments that they hope the Xbox version performs poorly, and another saying that they don’t care care at all about the opinions of Xbox users. Even today somebody has posted in another thread calling the release on Xbox a terrible mistake that must never be repeated.

Surely this should be a time of joy and celebration that the hobby you - we - love so much is being opened up to so many more people.

I am not denying the issues that PC users have with the latest update but surely it should be possible for people to avoid lazy scapegoating of Xbox and Xbox users.

For those of you who haven’t seen it, it’s worth watching this in-depth technical analysis of the Xbox port. What MS and Asobo have achieved with the Xbox version is fantastic and will bring the joy of flight simulation to thousands who might not otherwise experience it.

10 Likes

Sorry to jump in on your post. But im having a issue creating my own post i just dont see the create a post link.

Can anyone help please?

A first there was a lot of either dismissiveness or outright hostility to MSFS - ranging from the predictable stuff (ie. “it’s a game, not a sim”, “remember MS Flight?”), to more nebulous hostility that seemed to come from the perceived “threat” it is to sims like P3D and X-Plane 11.

Now we have the hate against Xbox users.

Then we have the pearl clutching “old guard” who hates everything new, basically everything past the early 2010’s, just because they are not willing to adapt.

I’m already curious what excuse they’ll bring up next to be upset about. It’s almost like Twitter, being offended for the sake of being offended.

5 Likes

Really? If someone writes an offensive post or tries to egg you into a fight there’s a real simple solution. IGNORE IT! geeze people get over this drivel already.

And yes Im from the old old school guard anything that has evolved since the 80’s has been a total waste of resources and time. GET OVER IT. Who cares

You people these days are worse then the metoo crowds in the 90’s.

There is a topic in #student-pilots:forum-guide that explains your problem.

1 Like

If the Xbox release doesn’t affect PC players there is no reason for hate.