Xbox/PC screens go black then CTD

EBBR to EGGW with live weather is black avioncs for me. Every time.

I might try removing the EGGW payware airport.

If anyone gets bored give that route a try. No need to fly it. Just see if it spawns with black screens.

R you on the Sim update beta testing?

No Brice,. selfishly it was working for me so didnā€™t think to test.

It appears to be for me, certain routes, and even the weather.

The route I mentioned causes (for me at least) a black screen issue every time. In the A320 but not for other screened aircraft.

It makes no sense why that should be.

Okay thanks

since on beta for xbox S, Iā€™ve had no CTD or Avonics problems, cold starts or flying routes of 1 to 3 hours. a big difference so far.

I did a flight with Honda jet and when I was touching the ground in KMIA, CTD. I tried to do a flight from SBSP to SBRJ and another CTD. It still happening.

Well, SU10 coming out tomorrow morning. As much as I loved talking with you all in this thread, letā€™s hope we never have to make another reply in here, if you know what Iā€™m saying :wink:.

3 Likes

Hope Sim update 10 dress some of this topic

Yes, as reported, after usually one flight and a return to the main menu, then return to flightā€¦the avionics are black on my Xbox Series S.

On the series x , no black screens in my tests . On the series s, vanilla or modded airliners sometimes 100 percent from the start with black screens on the airliners as well as other aircraft with glass . Especially in larger or handcrafted airports. So it seems to me the series s is very underpowered in memory for the airliners .

Avionics go black EVERY single time now when getting a pushback! Iā€™ve had the new update since released and still havenā€™t taken off not a single time! It is now 5pm almost :roll_eyes:

Series S ?

2 Likes

Yes! Surprisingly itā€™s the 787, a320neo, and 747 that are the most broken!

1 Like

Yep all of them on the series s are doing this . Sometimes immediately after turning on the battery the screens go black . On my series x, no issues but on my series s nothing but black screens. Just like you , I could not get one flight at any given airport. Even with no dlc it makes no difference. I think the series s is not capable of handling the airliners at this point .

About 5 days ago on the final beta I did a flight from Kingston, Jamaica to Miami and the screens went black after landing but then came back on.

The tracking of the downwind to finals turn and ILS approach was a mess too. Kept drifting off all over the place as if the autopilot wasnā€™t even engaged.

This with photogrammetry turned off. With it on you donā€™t stand a chance. I always turn it off when in airliners.

Series S.

All the airliners worked fine for me before this update except for a few bugs! I donā€™t think itā€™s the series s! Theyā€™ve broken something else

I have been testing all 3 platforms and I agree itā€™s something very wrong but itā€™s mainly on the s . This was happening as well on my last beta tests specifically on the series S . Definitely something is wrong here .

1 Like

What airports and regions were you flying though? LSZH, KMIA and LFPG are almost 100% guaranteed blackscreen. Whereas some regions 2hrs flights are no problem.

Iā€™ve felt there wasnā€™t enough RAM or something but S is only pushing out 1080p so it isnā€™t working too hard.

Basically the entire east coast of the US! I know Florida and Georgia have been bugged for me for months but everywhere else was ok up until today! Iā€™ve never had a lot of black screen but now I canā€™t even get past pushback

1 Like