Xbox/PC screens go black then CTD

Did a flight last night from KORD to KBWI, and had a few stutters, but no CTDs or black avionics. Unless it’s pure coincidence, this is a good sign, because ORD is arguably one of the airports that would normally cause the most issues, due to its size and traffic volume. I was using no add-on scenery, with live weather and live traffic both on.

1 Like

Ditto sir,. I’m trying payware EGGW to payware Rovaniemi. This was always a black screen for me so far half way through flight no issues.

Used to get black screen at spawn.

This is on the S…

Had no further CTD on the X …

That being said I won’t be happy until Brice is flying happily on his Xbox. He’s had lots of issues with his.

Looks positive so far. I’m still SU10 not on 11 beta.

EDIT:. screens went black when literally pulling into the gate. Also AP failed to follow track and had to manually fly to approach before doing a coupled approach landing.

1 Like

That’s one thing I have noticed too lately, unless I’m doing something wrong it seems that on final the AP just turns directly towards the airport instead of following the last few waypoints in.

1 Like

Hi everybody, nearly every time i go to use MSFS A320 neo cold start no avionic screens. Same with pre start waiting on runway , pressing fly button hoping to fly somewhere the same. Doing a complete restart doesnt remedy the fault. I hope they will fix it soon, its been like this for years now. Xbox S lates update.

1 Like

Sorry to hear that sacredhorse. Hang in there. Seems to be getting closer to a fix.

They’re on it.

Hope so can’t wait

1 Like

So im on the Sim update beta testing for Sim update 11. I haven’t had ctd 4 flights just wanted to let yall know that my end no ctds today

4 Likes

What about black screens Brice?
That’s good news…

They’re in the right area now…

Really happy you can finally fly… I guess we’ll see you in Community Fly… Lol…

I try to do at least once a month…

I was lucky yesterday no black screens Indianapolis to Memphis to San Antonio to Washington DC with live weather and photography but I’ll keep testing longer flights

1 Like

I got the impression too that there are less CTDs and black screens lately. Just now starting to use 3rd party airports again to see if the tendency stays :blush:

1 Like

Im not holding on to my hopes yet

Oh yes to many times, even experienced all computer screens in cocpit still black even all has power frome dark cold startup at airport gate, and the game just to many times stop and throw you totally out of game so you have to start up all over again, that is verry anoying, worst is when it just freeze after 2 hours flight right before landing, it kills the fun!

1 Like

You may be right: while not already at cold&dark (A321neo LR) in Stuttgart I’ve got the CTD at the destination Paris Orly at the very last moment: with the gangway already connected I switched off the caution light an wanted to switch off the batteries and boom: CTD :sob:

Update: today I tried to shuttle between two 3rd party airports (Zurich and Bale) using the A321neo LR 3rd party plane and CTD during approach. So in essence it is possible to get away between even bespoke airports and the stock A320neo but we still cannot use 3rd party airports and planes together without experiencing CTDs.

Had two black screen and crash occurrences yesterday in the A319, after not having any for ages. It seems to vary day to day!

1 Like

This is a known separate issue, some times you can bully the FMC into behaving by using the “direct to” function to go back to the waypoint you are supposed to be heading to. Alternatively You can go to manual heading mode and dial in the headlines as you pass the waypoints.

It’s aggravating but I understand it is being looked into.

1 Like

Just did an Ultra Long Haul flight from Perth to London Heathrow, not any CTD or Black screen. I’m not on the beta testing program, I’m on Xbox Series S ! Default Boeing 787-10

17:59 non stop

1 Like

nylzaga that’s amazing do you stay Flying that whole time? Or just leave it running.

I prefer the shorter hops even in the heavy stuff.

Overall it nodes well for what they’ll fix

1 Like

I did this flight as an overnight :wink:

Hopefully it’s be too much longer i ctds Los Angeles too Hawaii live weather and photography and multilayer on beta testing for Sim update 11

eham and eddf are still very problematic even under su11. yesterday from eham to eidw, flown with the a32. during taxing 4 times black screens. fortunately no ctd. felt but always just before.

2 Likes