Xbox Services Experiencing Outages

Appreciate it, but…that is down as well!

Game need to be setup to allow us to play even if there is Xbox, steam, outage. i got local cache - yet game failing to load.

Please Vote: https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/allow-the-game-to-load-even-if-steam-xbox-microsoft-or-azure-servers-are-down/

2 Likes

Seems to be without flights today…

Technically, I payed to use a software and I can’t use it. That’s $…

6 Likes

same issue for me!!!

You don’t own software unless you wrote it yourself. You buy a license to use software according to the publisher’s terms and conditions.

I’m sure if you read through the EULA and other ToS, somewhere buried in there in cryptic legalese, it tells you that by running the software you agree to all the terms and conditions of the agreement. And again, buried somewhere in cryptic legalese will be a section that absolves Microsoft, Asobo and any agents of any liability for not being able to use the software for whatever reason.

Hey, it could even say that we’re obligated to give Jorg shoulder massages on request. But of course none of us would know because we never read those things. lol

1 Like

How do we get compensated for not being able to use the sim that we paid for?

Hey guys,

please put your vote in the topic below for a better DRM system that would depend less on a constant internet connection.

Suggestion for better DRM - Digital Ownership - Self-Service / Wishlist - Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums

Cheers,
S

EDIT: Also voted in the post made by AceForce11998 above! Let’s try to get some attention for this issue from the development team. Spent two hours troubleshooting my PC only to find out it was related to their own servers/store :frowning:

Sadly just another case of screwing things up. If this was a business application the developers could close up their company. No one would pay for this piece of … if we weren’t veeery patient enthusiasts…

1 Like

You don’t. Read my post right above yours.

I already went to bed highly frustrated thinking it had something to do with software I installed this afternoon, until a friend of mine brought this outage to my attention. And although I still feel frustrated about not having flown tonight, I do feel happy that tomorrow I can fly again! Hopefully.

1 Like

I wish they could show a more meaningful error message. Why “Insert Game Disk” when there is a problem with the Microsoft Store?

I just spent an hour trying to fix this thinking the problem was on my end.

2 Likes

Same here: well, not an hour, but a good 25 minutes. And, at least I noticed the banner on top of this forum page. Otherwise, just by googling, I would have tried to reinstall.

1 Like

I guess this is just a default message. I wonder if those with a physical copy, and thus a disk,can still use the sim.

I’m only glad that I’m not the only one to suffer from the insert disc hassle… what do you guys think the matter is now ? kind of a server thing ?

BTW, is it disc or disk ? I guess I spelt it right above, they should mean the good old compact disc, I suppose :sunny:

Im trying to login currently and getting the INSERT DISC error

It seems not.

1 Like

billion $ company with 10 cent brains.

1 Like

Come on. Just 7 left to BINGO.

4 Likes

Thank god laws differ throughout the world. Cause here, you actually own every single downloaded file and you can do whatever you want to do with it. I could destroy it if I wanted to or change it (not publish the changes, that’s something else). And I am entitled to a fully working product by law. If I have legally paid for it.

But on topic: at least this doesn’t look like Asobo’s fault for once :sweat_smile: