Xbox update today (3 Nov) killed MSFS Start up! No action what so ever!

Argh, I wish i saw this post before I wiped community folder, downgraded NVidia driver and then removing MSFS.

So I ran a sfc.exe /scannow and then also disabled Defender. Now it opens and I get to sit and watch it downloading the game again. I guess I need to do some actual work today…

I had the same problem I fixed it by deleting the xbox app and reinstalling the app.

Same problem here, didnt even start just closed the window when opening the sim. All Antivirus and Windows Defender exlusions enabled.

1 Like

Open Windows defender and turn off real-time protection.

obraz

3 Likes

Normally fixes a whole host of things that procedure.

More information here people Simulator doesn't start anymore at all

Great idea. It’s just the internet. What should go wrong… :blue_heart:

I spent two hours online with McAfee. They never did fix it. I had sent a zendesk report in, and got a response back. And just sent them some additional information. For me, it’s unfortunate that both the flightsim exec and the gamingservices exec are behind “closed” folders, and I’m not inclined to go through changing permissions, as that sometimes screws up other things. I did find a resolution myself and added the gamingservices exec to my real time scanning exclusion list (that’s not easy either since it’s behind another “closed” folder. But I know a way to get to the file without changing permissions, so I was able to add that file and now the sim starts. Still think there’s something about the file they need to change so McAfee doesn’t have an issue with it (or at least it being behind a closed folder).
Anyway, working now, so I’ll move on from this issue.
Regards

1 Like

It looks like its not just xbox . The copy I bought from Microsoft store did the same today.

1 Like

No issue whatsoever… had a great multiplayer flight last night, using the Windows Store version.

For me, since yesterday the game starts with great difficulty and then a warning appears saying that my configuration is not sufficient (whereas before, it worked well). I use Kaspersky as a firewall, I added exceptions for MSFS and gamingservices without changing anything. I reported the problem to Zndesk without response. I checked all the components of my computer and tonight I’m really desperate…

Do any of you guys have windows update kb4580419 installed? That was causing issues for me.

That suggestion is about as good as recommending that someone goes around licking all the surfaces in a COVID ward at your local hospital.

You can play with windows defender and real-time protection - on.

In windows seacrh bar type
powershell

right click on powershell and select run as administrator

Copy/paste to powershell window

Add-MpPreference -ExclusionProcess “C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.10.8.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\flightsimulator.exe”

(right click to paste into powershell window)

and press enter

Add-MpPreference -ExclusionProcess “C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.GamingServices_2.47.2002.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\GamingServices.exe"

and press enter

Add-MpPreference -ExclusionProcess “C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.GamingServices_2.47.2002.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\GamingServicesNet.exe"

and press enter

Run game.

1 Like

solved here, thanks man

I tried this method, still unable to start the sim.
Thanks for the idea though.

Your’re welcome. You can play with real-time protection - on :slight_smile:
Try my solution mate.

1 Like

Unchecking it and rechecking it worked for me. Next time I launched MSFS, I got the firewall popup and that seems to have sorted it.

Don’t work for me
PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> Add-MpPreference -ExclusionProcess “C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.10.8.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\flightsimulator.exe”
Add-MpPreference : Une erreur générale qui n’est pas couverte par un code d’erreur plus spécifique s’est produite.
Au caractère Ligne:1 : 1

• Add-MpPreference -ExclusionProcess “C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Micr …
  •   + CategoryInfo          : NotSpecified: (MSFT_MpPreference:root\Microsoft\...FT_MpPreference) [Add-MpPreference],
     CimException
      + FullyQualifiedErrorId : HRESULT 0x800106ba,Add-MpPreference

Add-MpPreference : Failed to modify preferences.
Au caractère Ligne:1 : 1

• Add-MpPreference -ExclusionProcess “C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Micr …
  •   + CategoryInfo          : NotSpecified: (MSFT_MpPreference:root\Microsoft\...FT_MpPreference) [Add-MpPreference],
     CimException
      + FullyQualifiedErrorId : HRESULT 0x800106ba,Add-MpPreference