XPlane has Nothing to worry about

I hope the X-Plane fans don’t get their hopes up too high, lmao. Austin (or whatever his name is) doesn’t have anything close to the resources that Microsoft has. Despite all of the launch issues, Microsoft has just dropped a game where the vast majority of the world is covered in the same (or better) quality of scenery that X-Plane fans are used to paying way too much for. There is literally no way that X-Plane can compete with that - the licensing fees that he would need to pay Google or Bing for their map data would be astronomical.

I don’t know why people are trying so hard to cling to an outdated game and justify its continued existence. It’s annoying is what it is. It’s like if people at the start of the PS2 era had tried to say that N64 was better because it had more games, despite it being obsolete. When this game is fixed and has proper third party aircraft, playing X-Plane is going to be something worth being embarrassed about, like the kid we made fun of in school because his parents couldn’t afford a PS2 and he was still playing Road Rash 64.

23 Likes

I think it’s great we have both. I was an avid XP11 user. I’ve not used it once since release of FS20.
I only fly GA & small jets VFR & IVR and while not perfect this new sim experience is light years ahead in my opinion.

11 Likes

Think about FSLabs, PMDG, Quality Wings comes into MSFS2020. Can’t imaging flying their software in this sim.

3 Likes

XPlane 11 is a fully-functional flight simulator. FS2020 is a game. Different products for different purposes.

28 Likes

Msfs is a platform, wait until all planned Msfs updated released and 3rd party study level aircraft PMDG, AEROSOFT etc…

18 Likes

Man that bait is just a bit too obvious, matie.

11 Likes

I couldn’t understand when people say’s XPlane is a simulator while MSFS2020 is a game. For those who make this statement. I have a simple question. Do any of you guys are playing XPlane with absolutely No Addons (Freeware/Payware)?. If not please try it and then compare with MSFS2020.

28 Likes

we DONT PLAY xp11 we operate it because its a simulator,
simples

12 Likes

As a flight instructor, I use XP11 with no add-ons to teach with. It doesn’t require add-ons for multi-monitor support, ForeFlight integration, or flight planning. To me, it is a flight simulator. In its current guise, FS2020 is a game with pretty graphics. I’d love to see XP11’s functionality with FS2020’s graphics!

21 Likes

You operate it?. RIP XP11 :slightly_smiling_face:

13 Likes

You should still feel sorry for them because Mfs20 was just released and will only improve. XP has been there for a while with barely any significant improvements. Even austin said there wont be much to change

11 Likes

It is a new simulator. It just came out this week. Good grief

13 Likes

I have XP11 also and I would love to see my XP11 with MSFS graphics. Regretfully, we will NEVER see it and MSFS will fix all of its’ “functionality” issues in a reasonable time. I was reluctant to uninstall my XP11 but reality set in and I knew that XP11 will never catch up.

10 Likes

Yes, there is a huge potential for MSFS2020. For e.g. look at the PBR reflections, man its everywhere!. I had a chance to play with the SDK, these guys for a simple object they have around 5 different texture files (1 for reflection, 1 for details, 1 for reflection details, 1 for roughness etc…) whereas in xplane there is only 3. Imagine all these textures are loaded into your GPU for each and every object. I mean how are they managing the GPU?. Also look at how detailed the objects are, it must have a hell lot of polygons to render those objects smoothly. Honestly in xplane a single object of this detail in a scenery is enough to bring the FPS down!. So yes i would love XPlane with MSFS Graphics, but currently XPlane needs a lot of optimization which would take them years to reach, by that time i believe MSFS2020 will be much better. Lets see only time will tell!.

Xplane anyone of them is straight trash I uninstalled xplane 11 over a year ago and went back to fsx and this new sim will only get better. Also most all of the add-ons in xplane is funky ■■■■

7 Likes

The pretty graphics are… pretty. Until MS adds real sim functionality, it’s just lipstick on a pig.

10 Likes

I always thought I was a fairly keen flight simmer … turns out I was just a flight gamer all along! I have room on my computer for both. Quite happy to have my cake and eat it …

And what’s wrong with pigs wearing lipstick ?

6 Likes

its better than that you just have to know how to setup the sim and even then it’ll be improved soon

I really like the simulator from Microsoft, without setting anything up, created a flight plan inside the game and flew, in my opinion, I don’t want to return to these dark wilds in the xplane, it was terrible

6 Likes

Good please stay and play that garbage.

3 Likes