Yet another graphic downgrade! (water reflections)

Completely understandable:).

I myself, have this issue too. It’s usually since the wind is calm mostly for me. I found that setting your wind without live weather to 4-5kts will cause a bit of ripple in the waves. I do remember how cool it is to fly through a thunderstorm at 1500ft over an ocean with those big waves, believe me, but it doesn’t ruin the experience of flying.

DX12 can help with some better and nicer effects but it’s not the holy grail.

Of course not, I completely agree with you! But, as I said, I’m enjoying flying the sim, so.

I was sharing my feeling about this only, not pointing fingers or anything like that.

2 Likes

Maybe they are testing that before doing a slider

I’m the one that is very anxious about the VR release. And I hope a better experience when released as everyone here.

1 Like

Does it say anywhere that the Japan loading screen is an in game screenshot?

but it doesn’t ruin the experience of flying.

Of course! I can keep flying. I believe MS is doing all wrong, we are suffering a lot as a community, they are not fixing bugs, they are not trying to make the game stable and we have all sorts of game-breaking bugs. Add on top of that they are downgrading the graphics, the only good thing this game has. So yeah, I mean, waves at the end are not that critical, but it was everything we got. I feel bad for all of us mate, I was playing another game last night, and it felt so good that feeling of security, that you were going to be fine 2 hours into the final leg, nothing was going to get broken. It is concerning they are showing no interest in fixing critical bugs, or their lack of interest in keeping the game stable.

8 Likes

I hope that when dx12 is available and they said about implementing ray tracing effects will fix all that, however now we could all report back to Asobo and talk about our concerns of downgrading the sim…

1 Like

Check out the promo pictures for the new Shanghai scenery, do these look good to you?

The only night shot available:

With this update Welcome to Microsoft flight Simulator 2003

NO AA,
BAD TEXTURES
BAD REFLECTION
BAD scaling

ETc etc

Couldn’t agree more! It’s so frustrating that we paid for something that looks great and then it gets worse and worse and we don’t even have the option to NOT update! They keep messing with stuff no one is complaining about (I’ve never seen anyone complaining about water reflections). I can’t help but start to believe on conspiracy theories about downgrading PC version to match the Xbox version…

3 Likes

What can we do? this is reported?
this game has lost the quality graphically

1 Like

That was there pre-patch, 1.9.3 didn’t seem to be related to it.

To be fair, it is incredibly unlikely that the light will be in front of clouds unless you’re underneath it (in which case you’re complaining about a floating orb disappearing…which is a lot to unpack…)

Yo, can you quit flaming the devs?

You gotta realize this is an ambitious project and it’s WIP. The least you can do is try and support the devs.

Sure they’re releasing patches with mind-boggling broken elements, but they’re putting effort into fixing the issues and are trying to improve quality overall.

I don’t know about you, but at least if my game is broken, I just report the bug that’s causing it to break, and just step away and do something else. Get a Netflix subscription; stop losing sleep over a video game.

Wish I could see the reflection of Mt. Fuji just like in the start screen.

2 Likes

Are you sure the developers know what happened? Don’t you think it is a strategy to abandon the pc game and buy for XBOX? Don’t you think they’ve left it like this forever?

Yes. No. No.

1 Like

ok. but for me Now the MSFS 2020 is same FSX. graphics

Bad low image, DOWNGRADE

A too simplistic view. I supported paying full price 10 days before the launch. I support them coming here every day to try to help others to fix their problems. I have a little of experience in the industry to smell the rotten fish. Reporting bugs does not make them get fixed, just watch the latest bug fixing list. The guys modding the A320 have a longer list of bugs fixed, they are not doing the effort to fix bugs really. something else is going on and we don’t know.

1 Like