Your Current TOP 10 Aircraft

Yeah, we all need some haptic feedback, more haptic feedback please!

Also thinking I need a FFB joystick as it’s the only thing that can change the neutral (center) position in a helicopter as speed changes, as happens in a real helicopter.

This is what happens when you keep reading posts on this forum.

1 Like

Looks like decent condition, and it’s the USB version - good price.

eBay link in here

https://www.ebay.com/itm/256007171669?epid=1600611317&hash=item3b9b376e55:g:D8UAAOSwxcFj11UZ&amdata=enc%3AAQAHAAAAwIdTHLQDf%2FK%2B0iiMHxUXKJg87XMctFbV0onRvPbl9pj5FR1dY61ixKGNfkols8sdmphCRYveHyI59QhJOOEVzOXm9qlOJWaAgQt4QoxKIzgL6qwB6GSTj4BQzNSD9ce0YuIzkHQC%2Bh90LsZecN6CLeyDTeXLNU6tIrKZ8cwSpD%2B%2FO8qCN7IhldrlC%2FodTJfDzn36kOJC%2BfWGX7xUbyl7DJL2vfSSNVVwSbeReRJ6f%2BLu2x1W0yVGv2sP9sg7IJpcMg%3D%3D|tkp%3ABk9SR-qVrZTcYQ

There are a few more on USA eBay, but boxed ones around $150 to $200. They are bullet-proof though so worth a punt I say. Watch out for the too cheap ones - they say for parts only (but they ARE bullet-proof… honest!)

1 Like

Thanks :+1:…been looking at those eBay ones. Unfortunately, I was lured over to the dark side a while ago by this forum and I am now contemplating the Brunner CLS-E FFB base to go with my HOTAS grip.

The PMDG 737s are incredible in or out of VR. Pretty intense in VR on a flight plan with VATSIM if you like that sort of thing. But you need some peripherals to help you out like an encoder panel or Knobster that you can easily find and use by touch, let’s help you spend more money :crazy_face:. Afterall, you made me buy the Wilma, which is a great plane by the way. Also, the Honeycomb Bravo (which I know you are still lacking :stuck_out_tongue:) is a nice acquisition if you get a 737.

Also I’m sure you’ve seen the threads dedicated to those topics on this forum.

Maybe you can stop paying your taxes and join me in Federal Prison so you “too” can fly planes all day with smuggled in peripherals.

This is interesting on ‘which VR headset for msfs- from SimHanger :

• to paraphrase it, he chooses the Reverb 2.
2 Likes

I don’t believe you can use frame gen in VR. Someone correct me if I’m wrong.

I like that SimHangar guy, he has very knowledgeable, practical and no-nonsense videos and recommendations. I remember watching that one before I bought the Reverb.

I knew that would happen when I bought one ‘on sale’ from HP for $449 last month… :face_with_thermometer:

PC12. It’s awesome. Carenado but looking forward to SWS release… If it ever happen. Carenado version still epic
CTSL. Flight Design. Fast, lands like a helicopter.
PC 6. MILVIZ Great plane. All rounder. Standard MSFS version doesn’t do it justice.
Sbach 342. Best fun plane on Msfs IMO
C414. Properly sorted plane
C22. Great plane. No fancy GPS, just flying.
Longitude. Still cane believe it’s “free”
Spitfire. Flying Irons. Amazing.
Hawk T1

First three in order, especially when coupled with GTNXi. Not CTSL obviously. Rest random

2 Likes

I used imDisk for some time, and then did some speed checks - OSFMount came out quite a bit faster. It’s also command-line compatible ( nearly ) with imDisk, so your scripts don’t need much changing . I have one that the addon linker runs that checks if I’ve mounted the drive & mounts it if I haven’t, all it needed was changing the actual exe path & then adding a read/write flag.

@Baracus250 don’t sweat SSD writes, you’re fairly unlikely to get anywhere near dangerous numbers. The only SSD I’ve got that’s died is an absolutely ancient OCZ Vortex from 2011 or something. Main reason for a ramdisk rolling cache is it’s just smooth.

1 Like

I had a close friend moved to Edinburgh to do her PhD and she said that some Scots even email with an accent in dialect.

2 Likes

That pure isnae true! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thanks for your first list :clap:

That’s a new one for the list - looks great, not looked into it before! Tell us more? :slight_smile:

Just checking this one is the C22-J (small jet by Mario Noriega)?

You only have 9 - do you want to add 1 more? Cheers!

Just go straight to OBS studio, it’ll use your card’s features anyway & it’s far more flexible.

My 3 year old nvme boot drive -which has a swap file on it - is at 98% lifespan left. Not even a concern.

2 Likes

Orbx are doing a sale for those interested…up to 40%.

3 Likes

After flying some new planes, it’s time for a new list.

1. Black Square Analog King Air : It took me a while to get going with it. Ever since I figured out you don’t need to do the 24h checklist to fly the thing - sorry I have better things to do, like flying -, it’s been a blast. The perfect plane for short hops. Detailed, fast, beautiful.
  2. Hype H145 : Still a fan favorite here. It’s definitely one for the all-time collection.
  3. Iris PC-21 : Tom Cruise in a turboprop.
  4. IndiaFoxTecho M346 : Probably the darkest horse of all planes since few fly it, but what an experience it gives you. It really feels like a real plane. Handful to land, especially in crosswind where the sim’s tendencies get really bad. Medium crosswind, put a wheel down, and there goes the wing. Even if you didn’t experience much crosswind on the approach.
  5. Flying Iron F6F-5 Hellcat : The only thing missing is someone calling you “old chap” after you taxi to the ramp. ( But you can still mumble something with “skipper” and “jiffy” to yourself ).
  6. Black Square Analog Caravan : Super capable plane and very landable. That’s not a word though.
  7. Aerosoft DHC-6 Twin Otter : Slides a few spots back because the lack of cockpit and systems fidelity shows when compared to other planes. Nevertheless, a legendary flyer for just about every possible short to medium-range mission.
  8. Carenado Beechcraft Bonanza V35 : Stylish and fast.
  9. DC Designs Stearman : It’s you, a big engine and two wings. Flying this will make you a better pilot in any plane.
  10. SimWorks Studios Kodiak 100 : According to my Volanta stats, this is the one I fly the most. A very good rendition of the actual plane, although I still think the approach characteristics are a touch flawed.

Honorable mentions : //42 Freedom Fox, SimWorks Studios Zenith 701 and Carenado Cessna 170B.
The 170B missed the list by a hair.

8 Likes

Great list and I agree about the King Air. Once you realize you don’t HAVE to do 80 % of the stuff in the checklist it becomes much more approachable. In the beginning I was a little terrified because of its complexity but now it has become my favourite IFR aircraft. It’s fast enough to do regional hops with SID:s and STAR:s without requiring all the preparation and planning of an airliner. The GTN750 is by far the best avionics system in the sim and I hope that they will add weather functionality one day.

1 Like

Time for a new list!

1. Fenix A320 - Nothing else comes close to this, the fidelity of the model, textures, systems and flight model is superb. It’s almost a perfect addon. The only downside I would give it is that it has some performance issues, but with a strong enough computer it isn’t too noticeable.

2. SWS Kodiak 100 - A great plane, does exactly what it’s meant to and the developers always seem to be striving to improve it. My favourite GA plane by far.

3. PMDG DC-6 - A great rendition of this classic plane. The built in flight engineer is incredibly useful, sound and systems are very good. The only downside I would give this is that the 3D model could be improved. The external area around the cockpit and the passenger windows are quite blocky.

4. PMDG 737 - A good rendition of the Boeing 737, all sizes of the NG family are now represented. The only downsides I would give this are the lack of an EFB. We have been promised they are working on one, but It’s been “in progress” for something like 9 months at this point. Other developers have built complete planes in the same time frame. Without the EFB planning the flight, and setting up the aircraft to how you want it is a clunky affair using the FMC.

5. Justflight BAE 146 - A great little regional airliner, and as a British person close to my heart as the last airliner designed and built in the UK. No real downsides I’ve noticed to this plane, does exactly what it’s supposed to. It’s an older design and requires quire a bit more setup and manual work than more modern jets.

6. Aerosoft Twin Otter - A good plane but still has lacking sound, and some long standing bugs that are still yet to be fixed. Aerosoft don’t seem to really update their models much after release for MSFS so far, so might be stuck as it is. Behind the small issues it’s a solid plane though.

7. FlightSim Studio Tecnam - The newest plane I’ve bought, very good so far. Having a full built in walk around, and state saving between flights is a great feature to have. Very interesting GA aircraft so far.

8. FlightSim Studio E175 - Most people are aware of the Early Access controversy. It’s slowly getting into a better state, it’s rough but what is already there is good. It has a lot of potential. When it gains VNAV and the ability to more easily import Flight Plans/Weight/Fuel from the EFB it will be moving pretty far up this list.

9. Inibuilds A310 - Haven’t got to fly this more than a few times, but a very capable aircraft, especially for free. I don’t fly it much due to not many still being active, but it’s a well made plane. My only downside would be due to it being a stock aircraft the time between updates for it is massive. We are only now getting a ton of fixes for it in SU12.

10. Inibuilds AN-225 - Another recent purchase of mine. I’ve only flown it twice so far, but what is there is great. It still has some bugs and issues that need to be worked out, but for $20 it’s an incredible plane.

8 Likes

Or as my sweet wife would say ’ so you’re spending real money on fake planes in a fake world hmmm’ well she has a point I guess…

dw

2 Likes

Much cheaper than “spending money on the real planes in the real world I have in a fake world” :rofl:

1 Like

Haha, you can’t win mate. Could pretend it’s not real money but money you earned from taking cargo or passengers to their destination. Who’s an extra bit of fanstasy on top gonna hurt :slight_smile:

Or you could have a comeback about make-up costing real money and that is “fake” but that sounds a dangerous path to travel :slight_smile:

BTW, good discount on Cowan 500e at Orbx here!