Your Current TOP 10 Aircraft

The WASM floodgates have opened! Great stuff :slight_smile:

(Hope it actually works but that is a giant step forwards)

4 Likes

I have both the Cessna 310 and the Cessna 414, and the biggest difference between the two in my opinion is that the Milviz 310 has “state saving” while the 414 doesn’t. It is great to go back to the cockpit of a plane and all your settings are saved from when you last flew it. To me it adds a lot to the immersion. I do not have the new analog Baron though it does have some “state saving” features.

Get the 310. It is my favorite single plane in sim. The way random failures can happen, and state saving, and it gets dirty and ver time. It is the most feature complete GA aircraft in sim.

You haven’t seen anything like it on Xbox.

1 Like

Yeah the 310 “ownership” option which attaches to a particular livery so you can “own” several is a good thing.

In terms of speed the c414 has the RAM IV conversion and is faster than the c310 with a higher ceiling but the Turbo 58p Analogue Baron (no idea if XBOX is getting it) leaves them both for dead. Unless we get an Aerostar there is nothing else in petrol light twins likely to show up in game with better performance than the Baron. (fast turboprop twins like the Cheyenne are a totally different matter of course)

1 Like

The BS turbo Baron is nuts, took off, set 3000ft & vs, pulled rpm back & started doing post-takeoff stuff… very shortly started hearing a beep I couldn’t find an annunciator for, eventually it dawned on me that I was overspeeding already - have to really keep an eye on the power. The amount of failures it can have is pretty mindblowing.

The 310 is the one that never says “fly me” these days - I take it up occasionally & remember how good the engine sounds are, but I always get fed up with it quickly. Has the MP one got patched yet?

A2A were working on an Aerostar before something happened to their subject aircraft, I think?u

MP one? Wazzat?

MP = Marketplace. Are you new to this? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Written off in a wheels up landing. Some sort of undercarriage fault.

It would sure sound that way except that MP sounded to me like manifold pressure or multiplayer or… marketplace.

The marketplace version is the same as the one that’s out presently. We may have to do a hot fix for issues on Xbox but we will see how the rollout goes.

2 Likes

Or it could have been Member of Parliament or Military Police. Too many acronyms, especially in the world of aviation!

1 Like

I just got her started. Heh, been a while since I have done this from a default cold and dark. I usually keep some things set since it is my plane… so far, so good!

The Garmin 750s are listed as options. :smiling_face_with_tear:

That’s the only thing I have found that feels off so far on Xbox.

Greetings to all, this is my updated list in no particular order. There are not many changes.

• C414 (My always I am happy to go for “power sightseeing”)
  • Cessna 152 with wbsim/jplogistics mod (sightseeing low and slow in NZ lately)
  • PMDG DC6B (I love this one very much for a bit longer trips @ flightlevels of 8-14,000 ft, though I did use it only occasionally, i.e. when exploring africa as shuttle flights between some bush trips)
  • JF Piper Arrow III (waiting for the update)
  • Wilga (still not too used to trim and hand flying it, especially in windy conditions)
  • Fenix A320 (no. 2 airliner)
  • PMDG 737-700 (no. 1 airliner)
  • Asobo Diamond DA62X with mrtommymxr improvement mod (that was my favorite a/c since release of msfs and the NXi which came later makes me happy.)
  • Asobo DHC-4 Caribou (That oldie is new on my list. Maybe it makes me want to care for it? I like old propellers and use ist with @JayDee6281 fabilous “PMS750 on others mod”, a better cameras mod and caribou autopilot addon).
  • Still no number 10
4 Likes

What update is coming?

I’m more and more drawn to old-skool flying in steam gauge airplanes. It’s really satisfying to do VFR flying VOR to VOR with Navigraph charts on the iPad for visual reference and no GPS, and actually end up where you are supposed to end up. It’s a nice challenge too, compared to letting the AP do the navigating (which is what I tend to do in planes with modern avionics).

Flying this way also shows what a technical marvel MSFS really is, despite the imperfections. It’s pretty awesome to look at the Navigraph charts and see the same landmarks in the sim. There should be a bridge over the river after the creek. Yep, there it is! A race track on the right. Found it! A golf course at ten o’clock. Sure enough, I see it! I grew up with a Commodore 64 loading the games from a cassette player, and now we have this. It’s mental! And I absolutely love it!

Anyway, my list for March. There are so many great planes available now so it’s a bit hard to chose the top 10, but these are the ones I fly the most currently. I can’t really rank them other than the DC-3, which is my favourite plane currently. I’m on Xbox so it’s the stock version. Many are pointing out everything that is wrong with it, but I don’t care. It’s the most beautiful plane ever to soar the skies and I love it.

• Asobo/AH DC-3
• Flysimware Cessna 414AW
• Flyingiron Spitfire
• Asobo/Blackbird DHC-2 Beaver
• GotFriends Wilga
• Carenado PA28 Archer II
• GotFriends Mini-500
• Asobo/WT TBM930
• Asobo/WT CJ4
• SWS Kodiak

PS. thanks for this thread. It’s so nice to have a thread with such positive vibes, instead of all the complaining about everything in many other threads :pray:

11 Likes

Hello, here are my top 6:

• Flysimware C414 Chancellor
  • Just Flight Piper Arrow Turbo 3
  • PMDG Boeing 737-700
  • DA62 (with Improvement Mod)
  • FFX Visionjet
  • CJ4 Citation
  • C152 Cessna

Apologies I don’t fly other planes yet so these are the six in order. You can ignore if you need 10 to add to this list :slight_smile:

Thanks!

1 Like

Thanks!

No all good. You don’t HAVE to have 10, but 10 is the max :wink:

1 Like

It rarely says “fly me” for me either, but I always really really enjoy it when I do.

Top 10 Update:

1. C414
  2. BN-2 ( still my feel good, coming home plane)
  3. Visionjet G2
  4. Discus 2C
  5. Spitfire
  6. AerialSim F17
  7. Ju 52
  8. Kitfox
  9. Kodiak
  10. Zenith STOL

Honorable mention: Got to try the Eurofighter by DC. Impressive sounds and performance. Entering the top list next time.

Happy weekend flights to all of you guys !

PS: should I really get the An 225? Might just wondering if it would get much air time…

3 Likes

Some folks in here are really sleeping on the C310. I mean, it is in 3rd place… so it isn’t doing bad. I just think folks might have bought the C414 and stopped there, not realizing how different the two planes are to fly, and how unique and brilliant they both are.

3 Likes