Your Current TOP 10 Aircraft

AFAIK it has three, Hondajet, CJ4 and Longitude.

On the plus side FlightFX are doing a Vision jet, Iris promised a PC24 (though their FSX one was not a happy camper) and Flightsimware are doing a Lear35A.

1 Like

Whatā€™s the definition of a business jet - is there an official one by some organisation like ICAO? Does the BBJ variant of the 737 not qualify? What about the VIP layout of the Bae146?

It is simply a marketing term for aircraft primarily intended for use in corporate aviation.

2 Likes

Yes on both the 737/BBJ and VIP 146.
Any aircraft that is outfitted with a luxury interior will be considered a ā€œbusiness jetā€ in colloquial terms but no, there is not an official designation requirement stipulated by any regulatory agency. They are all ā€œTransport Categoryā€ aircraft officially.

1. Trislander
  2. Beech Twin 18
  3. The Goose
  4. Islander
  5. Emb 110
2 Likes

1 - PMDG 737-700
2 - Fenix A320
3 - Milviz 310R
4 - FSW Cessna 414
5 - Aerosoft CRJ

3 Likes

One thing i noticed on the list. Carenado airplanes used to see more love.

They sure do look pretty, but the ground handling on the taildraggers is atrocious.

My new top 5 of the aircraft Iā€™ve been flying lately:

Flysimware Cessna 414AW Chancellor
Got Friends Discus 2C premium
Carenado Cessna C337 Skymaster
Asobo TBM930
Asobo Cessna Citation Longitude FDE Fix

1 Like

Maybe itā€™s just me but although Caranado aircraft look great and can be a nice alternative to default aircraft, now thereā€™s much more feature complete aircraft available Iā€™ve lost interest in anything that doesnā€™t simulate at least most aircraft functionality. Iā€™d love to see Caranado up their game and start making products that are somewhat more study level, but perhaps theyā€™re happy to cater to a more casual audience which is fair enough.

3 Likes

While they make nice aircraft, they are terrible when it comes to keeping them updated. Most of their fleet suffer from the multiplayer sound bug which means that if anyone flying a Carenado plane within a radius of a mile or two, your going to be hearing that plane inside your cockpit (assuming you have the same plane installed). It makes group flights in Carenado aircraft pretty much impossible, and this has been happening right from their very first release for MSFS. I know a lot of people that have uninstalled the Carenado fleet, because itā€™s the only way to get rid of this bug.

1 Like

Iā€™m hesitating between buying the Twin Otter and the Kodiak. What would you recommend me? I see a lot of diverging opinions.

The Twin Otter is one of my favorite aircraft and it comes with a lot of variations, but apparently itā€™s not really top notch quality and the sounds are awful. Developper is not responsive at all.

The Kodiak is apparently excellent, but very close to the default Cessna Grand Caravan with a glass cockpit and doesnā€™t really bring anything new to the game. Also, you donā€™t get a float version.

Quite a dilemmaā€¦

Well it does have a much better turbo prop model, it even simulates engine damage from hot starts.

1 Like

The Kodiak is the higher quality aircraft at this point. The Twotter isnā€™t as bad as many will have you believe though and even the sounds are bearable although if you look around Iā€™m sure you will find a mod to improve things. Iā€™m a huge fan of the Twotter in general and the this aircraft is actually quite good in the sim, and as a package, it offers a lot.

1 Like

Even though i really love the Kodiak and try to use it a lot it also has an extreme tendency of crashing both on PC and Xbox.

Beware of the Twin Otter. Mods - besides liveries - are blocked by Aerosoft, so that you cannot expect improvements from this side. You can buy an additional sound package from someone else but for the rest you are at the mercy of Aerosoft.

Thatā€™s in final testing. Not too far off.

2 Likes

Might be a good time to point out that the Kodiak is the reigning champion of the Top 5 Aircraft poll in this forum. It has never relinquished the lead since day one. That speaks volumes about the overall quality of the module.

4 Likes

Kodiak is one of the best aircraft available. Not flying too much since im focusing on airliners right now.

1 Like

Thatā€™s this very thread actually haha :slight_smile:

3 Likes