Your Current TOP 10 Aircraft

I think the price is going to put off a lot of potentially interested pilots so don’t see it making an impact TBH. I’ll do the work on the charts tomorrow and if there isn’t a clear answer by then I will count it as a new plane. I can always merge the points easier in future that way if I / we / the hive mind changes our mind :slight_smile:

This is a very useful thread but i would not necessarily take it as more than a rough indication of aircraft popularity amongst MSFS users in general. Among other things the purchases of people reading and posting in this thread are going to be influenced by what is already in this thread.

Yea true that. Snowball effect to some degree. But there could be a plot twist tomorrow :wink:

my opinion is that it should count as a new aircraft
like you mentioned its an expensive ADD-On that takes the original plane to a whole new level.
Not everyone will buy it and still might have the original on their list.

3 Likes

@Baracus250
My last vote was post #602

1. //42 Freedom Fox
  2. Milviz Cessna 310R
  3. SWS Studio Kodiak 100
  4. Wing42 Boeing 247D
  5. GotFriends Edgley Optica

My updated vote is as follows:

1. Milviz Cessna 310R: She’s so good, I rarely want to fly anything else.
  2. SWS Studio Kodiak 100: The best add-on currently in the sim and my favorite do-anything airframe.
  3. SWS Studios Vans RV-14: Very fun to fly and has taken over as my favorite flightseeing airframe.
  4. //42 Freedom Fox: I love bush flying, even though it is still above my pay grade.
  5. Wing42 Boeing 247D: Crank up the 40’s tunes on the radio and relax.
4 Likes

I agree. There’s weird things. And the Caravan mod is one of them but it is a mod.

The Arrows get lumped because of the bundle making it confusing to score otherwise without often having to ask follow up questions. I get that one, but it is also weird.

The Sunday Runway Show is Live and In The Air!

If you want to see some MORE GREAT planes that fall outside of the Top 25 above, you can grab the full PDF download here:

==== THIS WEEKS TOP 10 ====

== CURRENT TOP 25 BY AVERAGE ==
As promised, here is the current state listed by Average score (any planes with under 5 votes have been removed).

====== MY SUMMARY ======
Well the plot twist didn’t quite happen. Until the last two posts the Kodiak and the C414 were EQUAL POINTS but the Kodi has kept her nose cone just ahead by 3pts. The benefit of having a front mounted engine perhaps - reached the finish line a bit sooner than wing mounted, set-back motors lol :smiley:

Lower down the Top 25 there has been quite a lot of small movements (and the Twotter drops it’s now customary single position) but the top end is very steady again. I have counted the new Analog Cessna 208B Caravan as a new plane (it’s in position 92 via a single vote so let’s see how many pilots buy into it. It sounds really great if you want that kind of system depth but I think if it was a bit cheaper more people would take a chance on it, myself included).

The other new plane is Got Gravel’s Zlin & Gravel Savage Grravel, which surprisingly has not been mentioned before.

The Average score chart is interesting. Clearly putting Airliners as the top favourites. I investigated a way to make this format easier to produce but unfortunately to get the functions I need, I will have to update my MacOS software. I will one day :slight_smile:

10 Likes

It’s a very good point and I am torn on the decision. But it is a separate purchase of pretty much the whole price of some of the most expensive new planes.

But yes it is just a mod. And yes I do count the various cockpit versions (glass / steam) of other planes together.

However the guiding thing is either IF it’s a separate purchase and what variants are within that price AND/OR if the variant fundamentally changes the role of the plane (such as a Bush version of a plane).

But yes it’s a bit of a mess the way it’s developed and I could do with reorganising and merging some stuff probably. Which will suddenly change the charts but maybe it’s something I need to do to clean this all up!

I thought about the Caravan mod but decided my next purchase will be the Globe Swift - cos tail wheel and stuff.

YES! The Kodiak remains on top!

1 Like

The 414 is excellent. I’ve talked to Mark while he was building it and some of the things he did to it are incredible. A worthy adversary, I may say!

8 Likes

Let’s see if you guys can hold on for another week! (You need to get that Floatiak out into the wild and I’m sure that will push you up again. Hint hint, nudge nudge, wink wink, say no more) :wink:

2 Likes

It will probably make a splash.

8 Likes

Also, we shouldn’t sleep on the 310. It made up some serious ground on both top planes this last week.

3 Likes

My new list after 7 days;

OLD:

1 - Milviz 310R
2 - FSW Cessna 414
3 - Sting S4
4 - Just Flight Arrow/Turbo Arrow
5 - Fenix A320

NEW:

1 - FSW Cessna 414
2 - Azurpoly TB30
3 - Milviz 310R
4 - SC Designs F-16
5 - Just Flight/Black Square - Steam Gauge Overhaul - Analog Caravan (new in the hangar, loving it!)

my pockets are empty but excited to try the new F-22

2 Likes

For this week, I have some changes:

1. FSW Cessna 414AW
  2. Milviz Cessna 310R
  3. Black Square Velocity XL
  4. PMDG DC-6
  5. Wing42 Boeing 247D

I don’t know if the Velocity XL will be a long term favorite, but it is fun. For me, the two Cessna’s are going to be be really hard to unseat from their perch.

1 Like

I base my top 5 on my overall enjoyment over time and how they make me feel when I return to them after a hiatus. Not necessarily what I’ve been flying the most lately, as that fluctuates week to week.

1 - JF Pipper Arrow III
2 - FSW 414
3 - PMDG 737
4 - JPL 152
5 - SWD Kodiac 100

2 Likes

Interesting that so many of the top picks are really booring to hand fly.

My current

1 Fouga magister
2 top mach f22
3 DC design f14
4 bee gee v3
5 Corsair f1g

3 Likes

I was just waiting for this to happen. Another plane I think should be listed as new even though there is the free version. But the free one is a totally different flight model etc (not a demo / stripped down version of the payware).

Now I know in the charts already I’ve put, for example, the Discus 2c free/premium together. And the H135/H145. But I think they are effectively the same product. Amiright?

1 Like

Generally they are not the same when there is different versions. I got the payware version

Also it appears study level is important so I dont think f22 would rate so highly as a lot of its systems is highly classified and it can be tough to actually get feedback from deserted f22 pilots :slight_smile:

The discus is interesting because I dont have a glider in my hangar :slight_smile: