Your Current TOP 10 Aircraft

Yea I assumed it’s the payware F-22. I’ll add it as a whole new entry I think.

Is the Magister the AzurPoly one? There is a free one of those by Restauravia

Yes azurpolys :slight_smile:

1. BAE 146 300
  2. Aerosoft CRJ 700
  3. Asobo husky
  4. next Gen Embraer e110
  5. Piper Warrior 2

I really love flying those small regional airliners and I took a break from my world tour and found myself flying the husky again with the Warrior :slight_smile:

1 Like

1 - FSW Cessna 414AW
2 - SWS Quest Kodiak 100
3 - JF Turbo Arrow III/IV
4 - TBM 930 (with improvement mod and G3000)
5 - Asobo Cessna 172

2 Likes

I don’t think the H135 and H145 are the same from my experience with them.

2 Likes

Fair enough. I stand corrected. Should be easy enough to separate them (as not so many votes to retrace) so I’ll do that when I get time :slight_smile:

EDIT: well, that was easy. The free one only has 2 votes and 4pts so I have separated them and adjusted for the next update.

1 Like

Old list:

New list:

1: Simworks Studios Kodiak
2: Simworks Studios RV-14/14A
3: Just Flight Piper Warrior II
4: FlightFX Honda HA420 (HJet)
5: Milviz Cessna 310R

I know I am late to the party but I picked up the Warrior last week and it is great fun to fly. I am concentrating on slow flying, power management, circuits, older avionics and this has it all. The Twin Beech is a favorite but I haven’t flown it lately so it has to exit the list… for now.

WHY can’t we have a TOP 8?!?! :rofl:

3 Likes

Here is my current top five aircraft, base on what I’m enjoying flying the most this past week:

New top five

1. Flying Irons Spitfire Mk.IX
  2. HypePerformanceGroup H145
  3. Just Flight Hawk T.1
  4. Asobo Local Legend #5 Beech 18
  5. Flying Irons P-38L Lightning

Previous top five

1. HypePerformanceGroupH145
  2. Milviz Cessna C310R
  3. JF Piper Turbo Arrow III,
  4. JF Hawk T.1
  5. Asobo Husky A-1C

With some very useful updates from Flying Irons the Spitfire Mk. IX has become one of the most immersive aircraft I have experienced in MSFS.

2 Likes

Here is my current list. It is getting harder and harder to choose these days. So much quality around:

1. Supermarine Spitfire L.F Mk IXc [Flying Iron Simulations] Still the best flight model for fast low to the ground missions
  2. Piper PA-28-161 Warrior II [Just Flight] the plane I trained in, irl so has to be here
  3. Beechcraft Model D18S Twin Beech [Microsoft] Not study level but a nice challenge to take off and land
  4. Cessna 414A [FlySimWare] The amount of detail in this is quite stunning. I followed it through the beta process and still love it
  5. BN3 Trislander [BlackBox Simulation] Unique and fun to fly

FWIW: Here are my runners up. All very difficult to choose from:

• BAe 146 [Just Flight] The only reason this is not in the top 5 is due to FPS issues
  • FG-1D Corsair [MilViz] Just a great feeling to fly and a beautiful model
  • Quest (Daher) Kodiak 100 [SimWorks Studios] Still smooth and accurate
  • DHC-6 Twin Otter [Aerosoft] Probably one of the most fun and quirky models that exists

Newcomers:

• Cessna C208B Grand Caravan | Steam Gauge Analog Overhaul [Black Square] Super smooth. A challenge to the Kodiak
  • Boeing 737-600 [PMDG] Amazing FPS for such a complex craft

Last updated (old) list:

1. Twin Otter (got such a slagging but is actually a fantastic and stable piece of work with a very realistic flight dynamic and handling)
  2. Boeing 247D
  3. MV Corsair
  4. FI Spitfire
  5. Cessna 414 (needs work but getting there)
3 Likes

Thought it was about time I updated my own list!

This was tough! I don’t like my own game :smiley:

There are so many more I love to fly that I feel bad to leave them off, but that’s the way it is! @MojaveHigh2379 I know how you feel now. I’m a bad man!! Sorry :slight_smile:

===== MY ORIGINAL LIST =====

1. Hawk
  2. Spitfire IX
  3. Goose
  4. Arrow
  5. F-35

===== MY CURRENT LIST =====

1) JRF-6B Goose [Big Radials]

Remains one of my favourites due to the perfect feel of weight, lovely chunky but well proportioned and interesting unique looks, decent immersive audio (open the window!), interesting engine management and largely the fact you can use water (and go fishing for fun!) which opens up the world so much. If I could only have one plane this would be it currently - so I guess it’s my #1 now.

2) BN2 Islander [Black Box Simulations]

Versatile aircraft with a powerful sound track. Love the little details like the swinging radio cables hanging from the roof. Very fun to land coming in steep on short runways. Nice liveries available. Seems to make sense for the kind of trips I have time and like to do. Small hops (sometimes between islands) with small airports to find and line up with visually, often not that smooth or flat runways. This handles it but feels legit = satisfying.

3) Hawk T1/A [Just Flight]

Got to stay in my list. It had been my number 1 since starting this thread and it pains me to drop it down the order but it has to stay somewhere on the list! I prefer flying slower and lively GA planes now but this is definitely my go to faster aircraft. I’ve bought a few of the other military / trainer jets (F-16, F-22, F-35, Magister, Fiat G91, MB-339, Hawker Hunter), but the Hawk has a ton of character compared to the FBW types and an awesome engine sound. (Hawker Hunter does also have a nice character to it admittedly - and is not FBW, and is free!).

4) Cessna C310R [MilViz]

Replaced the Arrow for now when I want to use this type of GA plane (yes I know it’s a twin but it’s similar in its utility and size… and the 310R is new to my hangar!). A very high quality product with all its bells and whistles. A challenge to land smoothly which makes it more satisfying when I do manage a clean landing. Feels so good the way it moves in the air and the bouncy way it handles turns making it feel alive in your hands even without strong winds. Engine sounds are the best I’ve heard. The first time I powered her up for a takeoff I fell in love with that engine sound! I think if I was more into using instruments and realistic use of navigation this would be my #1 but I just cruise VFR mainly and the goose is a bit more fun for that. One negative with the 310R for me is that due to the twin engines, visibility down out the side windows is pretty limited so not great for sight seeing. The Arrow’s still great though! And after reading more and more on the 414AW seeing it get to the top, perhaps I also need that at the risk of not using the 310 much again - is it THAT different? I don’t need pressurised as I rarely fly high.

5) Stearman PT-17 [DC Designs]

Very fun, satisfying and soothing/relaxing to fly. Love how organic it feels and having your head out with the engine noise and wind rushing past is like the difference between driving a car and riding a motorcycle. On a bike you’re at one with the machine; In a car you’re somewhat removed and numbed from the elements, even in a supercar (especially modern ones). Nice that there are 2 versions (more powerful aerobatic one) and since reading in the aircraft thread here, I’ve tweaked the Extremity Deadzone for roll to 48%(!!) and it feels even better.

===== OTHER CLOSE CALLS =====

I know I’m only allowed 5 (my rules, ■■■■ me) and I was so close to putting the Discus 2c glider in, really want to, but don’t know which to drop. However I think until proper thermals are added by Asobo (November?) I can’t justify swapping out one of the other 5 just yet!

I bought the Premium Discus on day one (as I love the stuff this team puts out and bought all their offerings) and it’s just such a different, chilled and relaxing experience in the world — with some great unique features that I have to include it in my Top 5 one day soon!! I use Kinetic Assistant and it’s a bit of a fiddle but works good.

Sad to “temporarily” drop the Spitfire Mk.IX from my list. I’m sure it’ll be back to replace one of the current soon enough but if I didn’t drop “something”, my list would have hardly changed in all these months lol

7 Likes

And you know the Study Level upgrade to the Islander is currently in release candidate testing, so soon!!!

However, I hope he fixed the swinging cables because they swing the WRONG way. :slight_smile:

old

1. Flight Design CTSL (Asobo)
  2. Sting S4 (Flight FX)
  3. Vans RV-7 (Deejing)
  4. Zlin Shock Ultra (Asobo)
  5. B&F FK9 (Deejing)

new

1. Flight Design CTSL (Asobo)
  2. Piaggio 149.d (AT Simulations)
  3. Zlin Shock Ultra (Asobo)
  4. Airbus H135 (HPG)
  5. Beechcraft G36 (Asobo/Capt. Matto)
1 Like

New one …

1. Milviz C310R
  2. Just Flight PA28
  3. SWS Kodiak 100

Hi. What does dot and dot mean? No choice? But your previous lists had 5. Can’t you just fill those slots with any of those please? (otherwise it messes my sum-check up!). Thx

Being something of a gearhead, the best way I can compare the C310 to the C414 is by comparing two models from the same automobile manufacturer.

The C310 could be compared to a Mazda 6. Nice four-door sedan with great handling and enough power to easily merge onto a busy freeway. Very fun to drive.

The C414 could be compared to a Mazda CX5. Nice SUV capable of carrying more people and more “stuff” at the expense of being a bit less nimble and using more fuel. Still handles well and has plenty of power. Still fun to drive, but in a different way.

The two vehicles are built by the same company, but intended for different buyers with a different “mission profile.” Both are very good for their purpose, and both approach being “best in class.”

Same as the two Cessnas: the C310 is a great cross-country twin with good range and good performance, primarily for flying below 12,000 feet where no oxygen is required. For longer hauls that require crossing a mountain range like the Sierra Nevadas or the Rockies, the C414 is the better choice; it flies higher and faster, has a pressurized cabin and great range.

The two aircraft are quite different, and both are two of the very best third-party models to be released (to date) for MSFS. Both developers are excellent and quite active within the community, listening to feedback and responding. Both are worthy of our support and praise for “raising the bar” in MSFS.

4 Likes

Here u r …

1. Milviz C310R
  2. Just Flight PA28
  3. SWS Kodiak 100
  4. Mooney M20R
  5. C152
1 Like

Previously…

New list…

1. Milviz - Cessna 310R
  2. Just Flight - Piper Turbo Arrow III/IV
  3. Milviz - PC-6 Turbo Porter
  4. FSReborn - Sting S4
  5. SWS Kodiak - 100 Series II
1 Like

I thought pretty much the same as you, Baracus.

But then I tried it.

The 414 is bigger, newer, more advanced, stronger, faster, and more stable than the 310.

There is more to do in the 414 cockpit. Like pressurization (it is pretty easy to set and forget) and prop sync. But really, if you can find your way around one of the cockpits, you can find your way around the other with minimal fuss. They both have a Cessna workflow.

310: Low, slow, and scenic.

414: High, fast, more passengers and luggage, and long distances.

On my current around the world trip, I use the 310 for sightseeing, and the 414 for long legs, and ocean or mountain crossings.

And they both land differently. The 310 is a notorious brick on landings. The 414 has a good bit more float.

Both have extraordinary system modeling and I would consider both to be study level. The 310 has more failures and maintenance and that’s why it would rank higher on my list. The chance of random failures or paying the cost for flying her wrong really adds to the immersion and encourages me to fly her carefully, and to pay attention. It is a twin, after all, so you can handle most failures, and fly on one engine if you must, while you look to fix a problem or find an emergency landing strip.

The 414 feels newer and more reliable. Which is awesome, but it lacks that little something all those extra features bring to the 310.

I kinda like the one I flew last, best. But nothing yet captures the feeling of flying MY OWN plane like the 310. So, gun to my head? I would pick the 310.

In real life, the 414 is the superior plane. And let’s be honest. Sometimes it is nice to be able to travel faster than 200 TAS. And a study level plane with performance and a flight envelope quite similar to the King Air fills a real void in my hangar. If it had all the extra bells and whistles that Milviz added for the 310, it would be the clear winner.

Instead, it is close. I am glad I have both. They suit different roles, and frankly different moods. Sometimes I want to put some real miles between me and my departure. Sometimes I want to get my wheels dirty.

2 Likes

Indeed. Both the 310R and the 414AW are great aircraft. I fly both of them carefully, i.e. according to the book. It is a personal choice and for me the 414 feels better. More complicated, better looks, better sounds, although the 310R is a wonderful plane as well, which I enjoy to fly.

1 Like

Yeah. Unless something goes wrong, there is more to do in the air with the 414 and more to do between flights with the 310.

Flying the 414 by the book provides a real, “Wow, this is advanced for a Cessna.” experience.

They both have amazing sounds, but the 414 is likely a little better, and you can notice the difference between props that are in sync and props that are not. Some real subtle stuff.

The hype is real.

It is a remarkable plane.

And most importantly, it doesn’t replace the 310. They both do different jobs. They may look similar at a glance, but they are quite different to hand fly behind the yoke.