Your Current TOP 10 Aircraft

Funny you mention that but I was thinking the exact same thing today. Pretty scary. I have some time dilation to my usual pattern as I have had 2 weeks off work to have a little holiday away and some well needed rest, but I feel like I only did the last update 3 days ago! :smiley:

1 Like

Yeah the Globe Swift, for an unknown that just popped up out of nowhere, is surprisingly good. Sure it is not “iconic” and does not have any spectacular fancy features but everything just works as expected and there are no nasty surprises, it is very well mannered and flies and lands as it should in a business-like manner.

So? How is it?

Very good yep. Definitely stays in my Top 5 hehe.

It feels more heavy and stable. More solid and purposeful movements. Good set of liveries and a couple of new variants of body in there. Longnose and Maritime versions are new I believe.

Textures look a bit better in the cockpit I think but it wasn’t exactly bad before (at least on my small screen).

There are a few glitches (that have been reported assuming they didn’t remove my and others comments for using the forum for “support”) but very minor things on the whole that I’m sure will be fixed up.

There is something about that engine sound with the pilots window open that gets my juices going! :smiley:

Only spent a couple of hours in it so far so didn’t notice so much in terms of extra system details compared to version 1 yet. Was there an official change log somewhere?

I Might have to pickup the md 80

This and the WT CJ4 are among my favorite flight models in the sim (if strictly talking flight model wise).

1 Like

We really have so many good options with very solid and realistic flight models now I think. Top of their game has to be MilViz, Just Flight and Flying Iron (especially since Got Gravel got involved working with them for the physics modelling) — anything they do is top quality.

But all the Black Box, SWS and Big Radials planes have a really good character as well as all the recent Got Friends stuff - all really really good.

Then you also have to mention the Sting by FSReborn which from what I have read about is dead accurate too. Can’t wait to see what comes next from him.

PMDG DC-6 feels very convincing and I have to believe the 737 is equally accurate (I don’t have it, not really into long haul nowadays).

Interesting to read recent comments from SWS saying about the limitations of getting everything perfect in the FM’s with current SDK and that they know there are issues with the Kodiak at the edge of the envelope which they are trying to improve but it’s hard with the tools they have to get everything spot on. Fix one thing, it shifts another area that was already correct further away again etc. must be super frustrating. But really for anything close to sensible and ”normal realistic” flying all these 3rd parties really are making great progress when you consider the changing goal posts in MSFS and those inherent limitations to need to work around.

I’m by no means a real pilot but you can instantly feel when an aircraft behaves in a more natural and organic way.

4 Likes

Within limits. Some stuff is outside the devs control.

The controls in a RL Sling are quite sensitive and you fly as much by light pressure than actual stick movement, you can fly with one finger, but in game people without a Brunner or Virtual Fly controller would be complaining about it being twitchy and oversensitive if they try to fully replicate that, so it as good as it can get.

Also flying a real Sting I found the rudder pressure needed to turn in taxi on the ground is substantial, whereas most flight sim rudder pedals are very light. This again is dependent on the individuals controls and outside the devs control.

I have minimal time in a Sting but the flight model, to me at least, seems quite realistic.

1 Like

For me, the faf and landing are the biggest giveaways. The faf in my opinion is the ultimate test for any flight model, it can either expose it
 or
 strap an A+ pass grade on it, assuming you’re hand-flying of course!

1 Like

What does “faf” mean? Final approach fix?

Yes.

Yes, but how do you mean it’s the ultimate test for the flight model?

Because in my opinion all elements in the flight model during landing after reaching the faf have to work harder and come together as one to maintain the plane in check. That includes compensating for flaps drag, low speed etc etc
not to mention turbulence as well.

1 Like

Bearing in mind. of course. that will only verify the flight model is correct when flying inside the envelope within normal flight parameters.

1 Like
  1. JMB VL-3 Vertigo

2. Monster NX Cub

3. F-18

The rest are all average.

What I am really hoping to see Microsoft develop is Cirrus Vision G2+

1 Like

What’s the consensus on the black square caravan update, worth a punt? I am on the fence at present. But I am seeing it appear in a lot of people’s top 5’s.

Previous 5:

#1 Just Flight Arrow III or Warrior
#2 Aerosoft CRJ
#3 Just Flight Hawk
#4 DC Designs F-16.
#5 HPG H145

And now a (nearly) post-summer update:

#1 PMDG 737-600.
Wow! Will there ever be something this good at this price again?!

#2 Milviz 310R
#3 JustFlight Turbo Arrows
#4 JustFlight Hawk
#5 Aerosoft CRJ

And thanks to Baracus250 for your continued efforts. It’s really appreciated; this is really useful resource when picking my next purchase.

2 Likes

With the sounds update/overhaul coming this week, this will surely become a top 3 in the ranking (thread). Excellent GA.

2 Likes

No way you could pick another 2 for the final slots? :slight_smile:

Haha
 You’re right.

1. Diamond DA62

2. Beechcraft Bonanza G36

1 Like