YourControls - Shared Cockpit for MSFS

I hope it helps!

1 Like

Really sorry you had to sacrifice a flight because of thisā€¦ Iā€™ve updated the v1.3.0 release to include a fix. Thanks a lot for telling me about this! Let me know how it goes.

So if I got this correct: the plane tilts backwards when the controls get transferred? Also regarding the yoke trembling - it could be because your yoke/joystick is moving a tiny bit causing the flight controls to go to where your yoke is, and not where your partner is.

Crea808, thanks so much for this! I was able to so a successful flight with my son flying while i provided instruction and took care of the non-flying things. We did suffer a crash exchanging controls, but just didnā€™t change controls after that and all worked well. You wrote that you mapped everything that simconnect would allow, would it be possible for you to publish a list of what we should expect to sync? If we know what should be syncing, we wont bother you with things that shouldnā€™t be syncing. Anyway, thanks again for this great tool!

1 Like

Glad that you were able to do it! Did you download the release from ~12 hours ago? That should have fixed the crashing problem when transferring controls. If it didnā€™t, Iā€™ll take a further look into it. You can open sim_events.dat in a text file which lists all the possible things that sync, but keep in mind that even that list isnā€™t 100% accurate due to SimConnect being WIP. Appreciate the feedback!

Yes, The slave jumps or tilts shortly after the connection is established. This also applies to the master when he has handed over the control and gets it back. As we noticed, the soundbug kicks up more on the ground than in the air. And is stronger in flight at low airspeeds than at high speeds. Your described problem of the yokes can certainly lead to this. Maybe you should deactivate the yoke if you donā€™t have the control! We will try this with a deadzone.

There are a few other little things we noticed:

-If you get the control back from the slave, the slave often has a disconnect.

-When switching the engine off or on. There are often sycronization problems. In one case the engine start and in the other it does not start on one side and vice versa.

-Switch positions sometimes have a missmath after connection. Even if all switches of master and slave had the same position when connected.

We will try your new version! Thank you for your work!

1 Like

Crea, we used v1.2.4, will give the new v1.3.0 a try. Thanks for all your efforts. You should really consider a donation page/link, I know i am not the only one that would gladly donate for this excellent tool.

2 Likes

Alright! Iā€™ll see if I can come up with a solution for the soundbugs and tiltingā€¦ currently they are caused by the aircraftā€™s position being frozen, so the simulator attempts to mimic the sound as if it were flying. If you arenā€™t already, try using the latest release, v1.3.0, and see if the disconnect still happens with the slave. Same with the switch positions mismatching after connection. Unfortunately the starter switch does not sync with the current SimConnect.

Awesome! Appreciate the feedback, let me know if anything else comes up!

We tried it again today with the 1.3 Version. This time the plane didnt crash as we swapped controlls but my mate still got disconnected. Error is the same as yesterday.

1 Like

Hi! We cannot find the .exe file you talk about in the instructions D:

Edit: We ended up using the version 1.2.4 which does have an exe file

1 Like

Maybe you loaded the master-branch? They are not compiled. You have to download the release version:
https://github.com/Sequal32/yourcontrol/releases/

2 Likes

We tried using the add on with the a320 and the 747, we can see each other turning on and off lights and the AP systems but anything that has to do with turning on the plane does not work apparently. One of us sees the plane turned on and the other does not.
My co-pilot cannot control the radio either

1 Like

Interestingā€¦ Iā€™ll look into this and implement logging so I can further debug these errors.

That doesnā€™t make senseā€¦ all versions have an exe file in the zip.

The A320 is probably the most complex and the least connected aircraft to simconnect. However recently I believe I found a way to sync up more switches for specific aircraft so Iā€™ll try to get around to implementing those. Stay tuned for new releases!

1 Like

As the previous user said I had downloaded the non-compiled version my bad xD

The A320 is probably the most complex and the least connected aircraft to simconnect. However recently I believe I found a way to sync up more switches for specific aircraft so Iā€™ll try to get around to implementing those. Stay tuned for new releases!

That would be great, we want to train with pilot-copilot in the a320 and it would be great if you managed to make it work! Some feedback:

• Even if we spawned in different gates we got moved to the same spot when the second user connected, that is great!
  • In the plane we could not see the other user turning on the plane, the only interactions we could have were: Light switches, managed altituded, heading ad v/s and APP.
  • The co-pilot could not use the radio, and if I engaged the auto managed AP we got a desync when re-activating the managed mode, where I would see the correct values and my co-pilot would see different values, but he could still use the system.
  • Anything related to APU, engines, and FMS was not synched and my co-pilot could not manage/see my interactions with it.
1 Like

Hi, first of all thank you for your great work!

Me and my friend run into some trouble while trying to use your Add On. I created a Server over IPv4 and he joined me. First he was connected and my YourControl Window also showed me 1 connected Client. Then suddenly he disconnect with the error ā€œPeer Connection lostā€. My YourControl Window was showing no Errors just the information that no one is connected to me anymore. Also While getting acclimatized in the cockpit together we realised, that the Thrust was not synced. But maybe the Thrust was just not synced because of the connection problems. We tried it again and he disconnected way faster this time with the same error. Do you know where to problem could be? It might just be the internet connection of my friend, but maybe you have some other suggestions.

Kind regards Tom

1 Like

First of all THANK YOU Crea808!
I have tried the add on with a friend on a C172 (non G1000), and most of the core functionality works.
Is there any way to also ā€œshare avionicsā€? what I mean by that is that my friend could not see anything I have changed in the GPS unit (the COMMs and NAVs work though).

1 Like

Iā€™ll try to investigate this more. Lots of people have been reporting similar issues so Iā€™ll get this fixed sometime in the future. Just busy with school and such.

1 Like