4090 + DLAA + Frame Generation = WOW

Not artificating, but slight ghosting when it’s fast moving objects but not a deal breaker.

1 Like

I don’t think that ghosting effect has anything to do with the card, as I too see it when using DLSS 2 with my 3090Ti.

Don’t know if that’s something Asobo or Nvidia need to fix.

1 Like

Why my “DLSS Frame Generation” option is gray?
I updated to beta 11 (version 1.29.22) and an RTX 4090 with newest driver.

This sounds like the disocclusion effect that happens when the new constructed frame does not have enough information to fill in the gaps left by a newly revealed part of said frame. Example, a foot moving across the ground

1 Like

Shouldnt that be set to DLSS rather than DLAA?

Does the DLSS frame generation option only appear with 4090 cards?

Yes it is a 4000 series card thing

1 Like

Ok thanks.

My experience on my 3090, 10900k with PMDG / Fenix at KLAX (ini) with FSLTL or AIG has been FPS around 28-30 while sitting at the gate in the flightdeck. Once I’m moving or taking off I can get FPS 22-27. This is of course an especially difficult airport. My numbers are a bit improved at FT KLAS and KBOS. But these numbers have got me wondering if it might be worth upgrading? haha!

2 Likes

Anyone know if we can adjust the HDR brightness in sim. Sun and clouds etc are very bright

By any settings combination, I cannot activate the frame generation option.

1 Like

Is this using DLSS 3 in SU 11?

(sorry, I don’t know if “Nvidia DLSS Super Resolution” means DLSS 2 or DLSS 3)

Do you have HAGS turned on. It’s must be on for frame generation to work.

Unfortunately, no.

See:

1 Like

You can push the texture supersampling to 8x8. I don’t know why it’s not like this by default when selecting Ultra preset…

1 Like

Ok thanks.

I’m just reading that someone managed to get DLSS 3.0 running on a 2070 in Cyberpunk. NVIDIA DLSS 3 "Frame Generation" Lock Reportedly Bypassed, RTX 2070 Gets Double The Frames In Cyberpunk 2077 Fingers crossed that we will soon have this in MSFS as well.

UPDATE: The source seems to be fake but I wouldn’t disregard it completely.

…allegedly… :smiley:

JusDax also hasn’t really shared any images or the config file so we can’t really test it or confirm this ourselves.

Cool if true though.

1 Like

What a rumor!

Who know, after good enough amounts of 4090 have been sold, Nvidia will unlock DLSS 3.0 to older gen. cards with a single driver update like they did with LHR :rofl:

1 Like

Hi, i have the 4090, 5900x and SU11 beta but i dont get the frame generation option? Any ideas why?