Anyone else still only 2020

Will 32 Gb RAM suffice for 2024 or do we need 64 Gb?

The fs2020 on xbox would be almost perfect with ability to start from everywhere… My floatplanes and bushplanes begs for this freedom.

32 is probably sufficient, IMO. I upped my system from 32 to 64, and didn’t really see a difference on FS2020, though that’s purely subjective. Unsure if 2024 would suffer if I went in and removed the memory stick.

However, 64G came in useful when I had both FS2020 and FS2024 open simultaneously so I could check and remap my Controls settings.

It took me 5 years of,My God…, Too much,just too much to put into simple words to a point where i can fly on a daily basis in this ‘‘Sim’’ without it exploding.

I suspect it will be at least that before I can even consider 2024!!!

Not to mention all the other games I’ve been missing out on!

Very happy with MSFS 2020 and the latest update (SU16). It’s butter smooth for me. I’m using DLSS plus the native Framegen for my RTX4090. I’m not going to switch to FS2024 any time soon.

Last week I started having the bug where the GA planes constantly roll left in 2024. That sent me down the rabbit hole checking my hardware, calibrations, profiles, etc. I have 2020 and 2024 on both Steam and Store. I started out on Steam, but I thought maybe Store was more stable; one less cloud to worry about. As I was reinstalling 2024 for the fifth time, I realized I can’t fix this. This problem involves files that are on the cloud that get sent to me when I launch the sim. When I reinstall 2024, I get two Brodok3D planes that appear as Defaults, no 2020 tags on them. Why? Because my profile is broken on the cloud. The only way around this is to create a new Microsoft ID, rebuild my PC, and re-purchase my software. That’s not going to happen. I’ll stick with 2020 until they break that too. Hopefully by then the competition will have caught up.

Your not the only one feeling that way. The loading of the control presets one by one is slow and I saw another bug posted about missing profiles(which I agree with). I am back to MSFS2020. Its disappointing.

2020 works great for me. Looks just fine, and there’s nothing in 2024 that I can’t get from 2020. I don’t feel too put out. Happy flying!

The swerve to port problem on FS20 was ‘Modern’ Flight Model. Toggle from ‘Legacy’ Flight Model.

Now that SU3 is final for MSFS2024, I’ve had 2024 installed on my PC for about two weeks now. The transition was simple. All my control profiles are in SPAD.Next with very little to no sim side key binds for any aircraft. The fast loading is a dream compared to MSFS2020. The whole experience is much nicer, and the outside world is so very much nicer than in 2020. My performance is nearly triple in 2024. Using an addon like PMDG 737/Fenix A320, at inibuilds KDTW, with live weather, in MSFS2020 I’d be lucky to get 20 to 22 fps. Same scenario in MSFS2024, I now get 55 to 60 fps, with even higher settings than I ran in MSFS2020. I can’t wait for SU4 to finalize, as it appears even more main thread CPU gains are coming our way.

Bottom line is since I installed, and got 2024 up and running, I’ve literally not booted up MSFS2020. It won’t be long till 2020 is wiped from my drive. All I’m really waiting on is the PMDG 737 update to bring them into 2024.

I very much concur with your writeup.

However, I will say that I spent a lot of time reading these forums and tinkering with my graphics settings in 2024 to get it to it’s current performance level. I’d be curious if I could do the same and get 2020 to work similarly (frame rates, etc). But I doubt I’ll spend the time to do that. :slight_smile:

Spad.Next saved the two of us countless hours of remapping, for sure. I’ve gotten used to the 2024 controls heirarchy, and I keep the basics mapped in-sim for the most part. I’m glad that it’s mostly fire and forget, as it keeps your settings affinity per plane (though it’s on my checklist to verify this each time).

I will still keep 2020 around indefinitely, until they kick me out or I get low on disk space.

I just purchase MSFS2024 for my birthday (happy birthday to me!) and after 2 days I still haven’t got off the ground.

Key bindings/Hotas joystick/Throttle and rudder pedals all just so hard to map. Impossible to view external. Had to find a random setting to stop the view in the cockpit slowly panning 275 degrees and end up in my lap. Then when trying to taxi out the throttle just cuts out.

Ok so I need some time to map out all this stuff but MSFS 2020 was basically in and fly. So why could it not just all a migration path of some kind?

So far not much incentive to continue to use cause I can’t see or go anywhere. Maybe the last birthday rendered me too old…..

Happy Birthday!

I am still on 2020, as I made me a Home Cockpit for my Mustang. So I don‘t need this additional things of 2024 right now, my views are nice and my cockpit has real buttons.

Have both sims installed but gravitate to 2020 more often than 2024. Side by side the difference I say isn’t enough to justify for one contemplating purchasing 2024 if they currently have 2020.

I think i will not change MFS 2020 any soon … Just not wort only 2024 for more graphics and carrier mode … i am staying on 2020 ! i wonder to some people why buy and spend such money for entire new configuration just for game that look like a unfinished game ?? And buy every add-ons again …

And they spend 200$ for a simulator , see how it works and come and cry in the forum , how broken it is !

MSFS 2024 isn’t just MSFS 2020 with better graphics and a career mode the latter of which I don’t care about personally. If that was the case it’s unlikely that I would have bought MSFS 2024 and uninstalled MSFS 2020.

I tried fs24 and imho fs20 with a2a or pmdg flight models make the difference thin like paper (from my perspective two main differences which could have been fs20 update: helipads and start from anywhere on the ground, rest is makeup)

I have 2020 on one pc and 2024 on another, very similar build. When I set both up for a flight at the same time and place 2020 ground textures and buildings far exceed what 2024 is doing. 2024 looks so bland compared to 2020 you would think 2020 is the improved and newer of the two. I also won’t buy addons for 2024 as it looks so bad.

I enjoy A2A aircraft myself and fly them quite often. The Aerostar isn’t avalable for MSFS 2020 and the Comanche works in MSFS 2024. I don’t think that A2A will be making anymore aircraft for MSFS 2020. I also really like to fly Black Square aircraft. Recently a MSFS 2024 version of the TBM 850 was released and I’m flying it in MSFS 2024 right now.

Recently I’ve been trying hard to like 2024. I can’t. I installed my all time favorite C152 WBsim, transferred its 2020 spad.next profile which thankfully works out of the box and I’m having some test flights. Obviously I’ve removed all controls from the in-game settings (which I can’t figure out for the life of me) and I’m running everything through spad.

I don’t like 2024’s overall colors, I don’t like the brightness, I don’t like the color of the sky, I don’t like the general atmosphere, I think there’s slightly more stuttering when I’m using AITrack/Opentrack, though when turning the camera with the button without using head motion 2024 is probably smoother than 2020. The aircraft feels a bit heavier especially on the landing phase but not always (it feels a lot lighter during taxiing I think).

The only things I like in 2024 so far is the quicker loading times (but then I’m using 1/100th the number of addons anyway), the bumping on the ground and the reflections on glass gauges (which makes them harder to read, so probably more realistic).

Plus PMDG B737 is still not there. So I can’t see the reason why. I’ll continue my test flights somewhat half-hearted and biased.

update: testing 2024 the next day… I thought I’d at least be able to appreciate the better graphics. Instead I get this with high/ultra settings and 300+ Mbps connection:

I feel like I time-travelled back to FSX. Flat sea, no waves or sea foam on a windy day from 4500’ (over 15kts on the ground), zero water masking around the island.