Ask Asobo to go back to previous weather system

Would Asobo consider going back to the previous iteration of weather until they fix the new one? And you? I certainly would, when I first played MFS the weather even exceeded my expectations, I know it might have been 6 hours old but I prefer that, at least it was real and always diverse and beautiful to look at.

7 Likes

Sure I would

Topic moved into #community:general-discussion-feedback for discussion and feedback.

I don’t think they would do it, or if it was the right solution. We have this now, it’s time to start fixing it instead of always reverting back whenever any bug raises its head. There are quirks and anomalies but nothing significant. I still always fly with live weather and have had some amazing sights, bad weather, icing, everything. Apart from rendering issues (which are not even always present, depends on the circumstances) it works. So I would rather have everyone use it as it provides more data for the developers, helping fixing things, than escaping back to an old version.

8 Likes

to me it a significant issue, because the weather i see on my screen is nothing comparable to the one i had a few days ago, in any shape or form. The one thing I can say is better for me is the terrain and the clouds (the only one type of clouds i can see cumulus) i can see the potential, but it is broken! those clouds are also scattered evenly in the sky (no weather fronts or any logical behavior in them) I am not asking to go back to the previous one forever, just until they fix completely the new one! if in their mind it’s going to be a much better version of the old one am up for it…but not yet…it feels like i am using MFS2004 weather.

how is my comment inflammatory?? I have played MFS2004 I know how it looks. I was just saying that the cloud scattering in the sky are even like they where in that game…of course in MFS2020 they look 1000 times better than 2004!!! but that was not the point!

1 Like

The thing with Live Weather is that you never know what you’ll get into, if you fly in foreign places. I do see weather fronts, cloud coverage varying between thin and thick, from clear to completely cloudy. What’s in the sim is consistent to what can be seen on the World Map. Some of the cloud rendering can be weird and the visibility / fog / etc. aspect must be improved for sure, but weather on a whole is really great. I just flew with the F18 yesterday and have seen some amazing (and amazingly rainy) weather, it was scary and realistic and exciting. And it varies day by day, place by place.

At this very moment I’m flying from Glasgow to Reykjavik. Cloud coverage is not even. I’ve flown over clear skies, slightly cloudy and now it’s fully cloudy below. It’s everything but even.

I’ll give it another try, I will fly from Belfast so I can actually see if it’s as close to real as it was for me in the past. Perhaps they are working in the background and it might end up being a server issue, something like that (communication between METAR and METEOBLU) as opposed to a coding issues in the actual game.

I think it varies every time. As we speak I’m nearing Iceland and the cloud coverage below literally changes every few minutes, as I look down. I always see something different, it’s magnificent.

As I thought, nothing changed for me, clouds at ground level, evenly scattered in the sky …and just the same type of clouds everywhere…

1 Like

The weather system has been pretty spot on for me. It’s the new “mist” that needs to be tweaked.

Yeah the haze looks overdone, especially in some areas, I think it’s particularly bad in the US. But that should be an easy fix.

1 Like

New fog is amazing but looks ridiculous as clouds are mostly @ ground level now

I can confirm that… along with all the other issues like cloud formation/layers of clouds, weather popping in and out at times, no more distinct weather fronts in the sky but mostly semi cumulus from start to end in many places…

Looks like the Metar clouds are being injected at MSL, and not AGL ??
With Reno being at some 5000ft elevation, your Reno example clearly would indicate this.

Please no.
I know there are some problems with weather popping in, cloud bases being wrong and visibility being lower than it should be sometimes, but the combination of METAR and Meteoblue weather system is the best approach there can be.

Weather as close to reality as possible thanks to METAR, and Meteoblue takes over the rest (weather outside of airports and upper level clouds that are missed when METAR doesn’t report them, typically above 5000 ft).

I don’t want to go back because fogs and very bad weather was nonexistent at certain airports.

3 Likes

Yup, so it seems. :slight_smile:

Even though it might sound strange to some: I very much like the new weather system! I had hazy conditions on some of my last flghts, and that looked very realistic.

At this point in time, there is no other sim that I know of that does large weather systems and fronts better than MSFS.

5 Likes