Asobo completely quiet about these "CTD"!

it is not the thing here

I am having CTDs on the world map and when I click Fly even though my community folder is empty and my only MarketPlace product is the Top Rudder.

Hi,
Just to counter balance, the sim has never worked so well for me.
Very smooth, no ctd so far since the upgrade.
It seems to be config related, I’m lucky to fall in the correct one.

Hi all,
Here 3 ctd in 10’…never happened in 1 year.
Community folder only with fbw airbus.
My control are now completely mess up.
Waiting for a solution by asobo, but i’m not so sure…
I think that Xbox release for simmers will
Be a tragedy…
Lorenzo

2 Likes

@SM4RT4N117 not true as I can only avoid ctd by putting priority at low and remove cores 0 and 1 from affinity. I’m pretty sure most of the ctds are memory leaks, and split second bottlenecks between the cpu and memory while the gpu is at 100% utilization.

2 Likes

latest hotfix , fixed it for me…

now gonna beta test the rest…

How can the sim apparently run for some……
But not for the many!

1 Like

My CTD have stopped after removing the contents of my community folder. Actually there was only a free scenery I downloaded in there which was the free Paderborn Airport that came out months ago. Sim is running without CTD now where as before it would crash randomly at any point of my sim session.

They do know, hence why they released a hotfix…

For a lot of people the hotfix made no difference, still no new comments from either Asobo or Microsoft…

1 Like

It had to be optimized for the X-Box, so PC’s have to suffer and live with it…CTD or no CTD.

1 Like

You know it’s weekend?

Not ctd’s. game runs great. Best update so far. Most people just need to clean stuff from their pc to fix ctd’s. I bet huge part of these ctd guys are using third party antivirus, firewalls and other unnecessary stuff which affects games. And i bet same people having problems in other games.
Do you even benchmarks before blaming the devs? Run them and see if your pc is alright, give your pc a maximum load and heat.

Well, they are constantly adding new job listings for various purposes. My guess is they’re going to start working on various issues more rapidly now, probably even create individual teams to work on Xbox/PC.

The “CTD” issue is much worse after the last update. I use to fly for days (1-2 flights/day) without a “CTD.” Today, I couldn’t even complete one flight. Also, the ATC doesn’t know what altitude I am fly and keeping asking me to climb of descend to the altitude I am currently flying. Finally, I cannot assign my own “N” number to my chosen plane. It seems like everything is much, much worse.

1 Like

Addons cause the CTDs. Their updates affect addons, which is bad if you have 200GB of addons installed. If I remove them all there are no CTDs.

But what’s the point of addons when you can’t use them. Asobo should be more careful.

New to gaming huh? so kinda said it yourself that the game has nothing to do with ctd’s. Developers shouldn’t be responsible for addons. Their own dlc - yes, but not third party. The ones who should make sure everything works with the newest version are third party developers. Asobo shouldn’t bother with third party compatibility. That’s how it’s been for ages and is now. And it’s not possible for asobo to check every single addon each time.

So just disable the ones causing problems and play while waiting for an update.

New to flight simming huh? Why the disrespect mate, You don’t know nothing about me?

It’s not the addons causing the problem. Their update caused the addons to stop working. I have 100+ addons installed, this is not Minecraft. How can I ever find out which one causes issues? Restart the sim 100 times?

4 Likes

Absolutely no disrespect. You’re clearly never played any moddable games. Your demands are absolutely unrealistic and not possible to do. Third party developers are responsible for that. Asobo’s job is to update the game according to their schedule and provide tools for third party developers who then must adapt and deliver updates of their products.
Again you said addons must be updated to be compatible with newest version. Not asobo’s job.

Disabling addons is easy. You don’t to disable one by one. Disable half of them, see how it goes. If ctd’s are gone try putting half of that half back. This is faster than doing it one by one.
Or just disable every non-updated addons.

1 Like

Agreed, if add ons break left and right after every update they need to make the sdk more reliable, consistent and give more tools to test/verify/debug add ons. If they pass an add on checker, they should be ok after updates. There should be tools to say which add ons are using tons of CPU/GPU cycles, which are causing freezes or crashes. The amount of work needed to maintain more than a few add ons is crazy. The ability to load and completely unload add ons at will without a complete restart of the sim would help immensely.

But even with no add ons SU5 is crashing left and right for me. Asobo really needs to get a handle on quality and stability. Freeze the update roadmap if need be. No new features, no new sim or world updates until things are stable and entirely functional. If it take 3 months, 6 months, whatever. I have wasted untold hours just trying to get this sim to work reasonably in the past year or so.