Axis state bar in controller options is not changing when moving the axis on the controller

:wave: Thank you using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

no

Brief description of the issue:

the axes state (the white bar that changes when moving the axis) does not change, when moving the axis, even though it registers the change, as the axis text gets highlighted at upper or lower state of the controller axis.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

go to controller options, search via input, move the controller axis around, but the state of the bar will not change

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

turtle beach velocity one

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

Yes

I can confirm I notice the same thing, with different hardware.

Confirm axis ‘bar’ does not animate in control settings page.

yes

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

Joystick VKB Gladiator NXT EVO Space Combat Edition, throttle Logitech x56

Same issue here.

Same here - and my throttle axis no longer works with default aircraft I have tried, and I can’t re-assign it. Unusable now…:frowning:

Here’s, yet another, example of a bug introduced in the beta that has not been addressed.

Again, the question posed during the dev Q&A when asked about issues like these that arise during the beta that don’t get resolved was not unfounded.

Yes

X52 Pro and Pro Flight Rudder pedals

Yes, tested with all my axis input devices: a custom arduino gamepad device, hotas warthog throttle & joystick & a logitech rumblepad controller.

upon initial load of control options page, the axis bars move as expected, but as soon as “search by name” or “search by input” filters are modified, the axis state bars are frozen. axis movement registers properly in the sensitivity page though. also, reverse axis settings do not reflect in sensitivity page (always moves in same direction), although it works in the sim.
i tested using beta version 1.27.20.0.

1 Like

Moved to #bugs-and-issues:hardware

Yes

My problem is with the 2 Throttle axxis on a Thrustmaster Warthog. They only move to 50% and no further and in Sim the power seems to range between 50-100% (no idle), the button showing is lit but the gauge sliders do not move. In the sensitivity they range from zero to 50%.
3 other axis work fine on the throttle slider and Slew button as well. I deleted all created profiles and using default profile only. Sensitivity reset has no effect.

The display in the UI of the Axxis is the same as previous posts.

I have the same issue but with the honeycomb throttle set. I have tried to delete the assignments for the axis and reassign but it does not work. Indications are stuck in the assignment screen and does not work in the aircraft. I was part of the public beta testing and had no issues until final release

yes

in controller options, search by input - moving a controller axis doesn’t cause the white bar to register the movement, instead the axis assignment box flashes.

yes

in controller options, search by input - moving a controller axis doesn’t cause the white bar to register the movement, instead the axis assignment box flashes. I use the Thrustmaster Quadrant.

I also have the same problem as here: My problem is with the 2 Throttle axxis on a Thrustmaster Warthog. They only move to 50% and no further and in Sim the power seems to range between 50-100% (no idle), the button showing is lit but the gauge sliders do not move. In the sensitivity they range from zero to 50%.
3 other axis work fine on the throttle slider and Slew button as well. I deleted all created profiles and using default profile only. Sensitivity reset has no effect.

I’m having a similar issue, but in my case the Axis state bar does change and appears correct. However the actual behavior and the visual position pedals in the aircraft is not correct. The similarity of this issue and mine is the “axis text”, the label of the axis exhibits the same symptom of highlighting at the extremes of the controller axis, but not in the middle.

Incredibly frustrating. This is basic input, I am bewildered how they could have messed this kind of thing up even after several weeks delay in releasing SU 10.

My similar, but different issue is documented here:

This is, unfortunately, still occurring in SU11 Beta 1.29.22.0.

yes

had no issue until I accidentally uninstalled and re installed fs2020. If I toggle invert axis the slider moves to a different location. If in game as soon as I leave the menu my ailerons are somehow no longer calibrated, cut on the calibration screen they are centred. Nothing else is bound to it.

Yes

T16000M Joystick Slider X exhibits this bug when trying to assign it to helicopter throttle axis.
[Edit] Windows 10 “Devices and Printers” sees this axis moving correctly. Also happens when trying to assign TWCS Throttle to Helicopter “Collective” axis. (just tried it)

I am having exactly the same problem – initially it was with my pedals but now if I assign any axis to anything, previously defined bindings that worked will get the locked axis position bar. I spent HOURS on this today and yesterday, but only now did I find this bug report.

I can’t do a !@#$ed thing in FS until this is fixed, except look at the pretty pictures.

EDIT: I have all Community addons disabled, as well as all of my other controllers (i.e. I created new, blank profiles for the ones that have assignments in the DEFAULT profiles).

I’ve been flying this sim since it came out and have just over 170 hours logged, and I’ve never had this issue before. Right now my suspicion is that something got borked in SU11.