Azure voice and live weather down

Yay, the clouds are back. :slight_smile: (Europe)

1 Like

I may be wrong here, but I think there have been maybe three outages affecting live services in any dramatic way, such as weather missing or Azure voices not working.

I’m not counting the weather being wrong here, just actual service outages. So perhaps this was the fourth?

Frustrating. If they’d open up the weather to developers we could still have weather even when the MS servers fail. Maybe they should replace the i486 desktops and use hardware from this century. LOL
:slight_smile:

1 Like

I guess we’ll find out soon that other sim is gonna give round trees, better water, and better weather with the next update. Have to wait and see if they can pull it off. Only time will tell…

But seriously, if you people didnt know that your fun was going to be tied directly to server health connectivity, well what was that them latin fellars used to say … let the buyer beware.

1 Like

For some, Azure voice dropout has been a reality on every single flight since SU5. In the grand scheme of things, that one is a pretty minor issue. But to me, that’s a symptom pointing to a potentially more serious issue growing in the background. And we’re seeing server issues more regularly now with these outages, particularly since SU6.

5 Likes

It’s going to take another 12 to 18 months to reach a level of quality that will be fully satisfying, without the online hiccups and with a steady stream of stable releases.
They’ll eventually get there.

I think this is beyond the sim itself. Azure itself has some serious performance and reliability issues, and they’ve gotten worse as of late. At work, it’s a crapshoot if we’ll actually be able to use Teams or Office365 at any given time. Need to get into a Teams meeting? Sit there and stare at a spinning icon for 10 minutes. Maybe it will connect, maybe you’ll get a “An error has occurred” message. Or it sends you for an endless loop between the login screen and the Office365 portal page.

I honestly don’t have a lot of faith in Azure from what I’ve seen outside of MSFS.

2 Likes

Made a 45 min flight in southern Germany (also EU based) and I had no problem with the weather or atc off.

I have the same problem

1 Like

It seems like its back up here, at ENSA. I can’t upload an image so I guess they still have some kind of infrastructure issues going on. JPG works, not PNG.

1 Like

Started the sim after several days, first prompted with insert disc… upon restart the sim loaded to the main menu but going to the flight is taking over 10 minutes with no ends in sight.
My internet connection is fine so it must be some other unknown server issue impacting some users/regions

1 Like

There’s definitely something going on because photogrammetry is broken and I’ve checked both pc and Xbox.

2 Likes

Clouds were back this morning, Azure text to voice lasted about 5 to 10 minutes before giving up again.

Why is text to speech online anyway? I worked on GPS navigation in the early noughties and we had several voices, all text to speech with a phonetic name database for all the city and street names. It ran on a Pocket PC. Hardly any data or cpu power required. Why does it need the cloud to do the same simple task 20 years later… And why are the off-line voices so bad!

What do you mean by broken?

As in it’s not working as it should. All the house in Florida keys where like little melted pyramids. Never seen that before.

Well, it is hot in Florida. Maybe that’s a good sign for live weather.

3 Likes

the weather is still down, the weather option is not available in the toolbar. and I can’t even change the weather option in the sim. But the clouds are back.

Live weather is working for me. I’m using an Xbox Series X, connected with the West USA server.

Just got dropped to off-line mode due to low bandwidth claims, this is what I got

I run speed test, 98.49 mbps down 15.62 mbps up, nothing wrong with my bandwidth. Now where did Australia go… Azure text to voice is still working this flight :rofl:

I turned the data back on but the server is dead. < 50 kbps from Flightsimulator.exe connections. But it did make the offline data appear.

What a mess!

Hmm, it screwed up AP as well, can’t engage managed heading mode anymore. Oh well, landing by hand is more fun anyway. Good visibility.

1 Like

am getting that same message and you and I having the same problems