Azure voice keeps dropping out

Anyone else getting this? Since SU5, I’m constantly losing connection to Azure voice services, reverting to the robotic offline voices. Needless to say, this is rather a pain.

3 Likes

This was happening to me before SU5 - and it’s almost certainly server load/health related so I can imagine it might be happening a bit more now.

To be fair. Whatever US Lang voice pack I have loaded in Windows actually serves up excellent voices for the ATC. I prefer them to Azure.

I think I’m getting at least 2 distinctly different male and 2 different female voices (all US but with distinctly different accents going on) so it is more varied than azure.

Same here, first time I was scared because didn’t read the warning and the next controller sounded like at least 120 year old guy

Is that the Windows voices? That guy that sounds like he smokes 2 packs a day?

It’s brilliant. Better than the azure option…I’m not going back, I prefer this.

I might play with the files and see if I can fool windows into using other voice packs. There is an Irish guy out there and a Scottish woman in the UK packs I think…maybe if I rename them I can have those accents instead.

My voice sounds like TTS from the 90s. A couple of the other voices actually do sound better, but the low of their sentences seems off. For most, the cadence of speech is too slow. Much like my voice using this offline speech.

And Azure voice just cut out on me again.

Looks like Microsoft’s cloud isn’t as powerful as they thought it was.

1 Like

one of my offline voices sounds like a 8 year old kid

3 Likes

You’re lucky; the last two or three days my ATC has gone completely AWOL. Either no voice or text or no audio. Only been happening the last few days. Hope this is addressed in the upcoming World Update because without it, I find it to be a bit of an emersion breaker…

Since the second hotfix, this is what’s been happening for me. After SU 5 and the first hotfix, it would switch of offline TTS, including the 8 year old ATC. lol

Since the last hotfix, when it cuts out, voice service is gone permanently unless I restart the sim.

So this is still a thing after WU6. Every single day since SU5, I’m happily flying along and then get the message that Azure voice services is down. It’s getting annoying.

Although like most “new” bugs, we’ll likely be waiting months and months before we see a fix…

1 Like

same here!

Yes still a thing. Happens to me in PG areas when flying low and insufficient bandwidth.

Just happened to me at FL440 in the CJ4 over the desert over New Mexico where there’s no PG at all.

Probably a sandstorm :wink:

Got that on one flight yesterday. The one ATC voice sounded like Richard Sterban on the Oak Ridge Boys, the guy with the real deep voice. Thought that was funny since a few months ago it happened and it sounded like there was a little kid in the tower.

Yeah, I just got the kiddie voice. Just seems wrong talking to a 10 year old ATC.

1 Like

Actually I think it is a problem with the data stream not dishing up the goodies either because of low bandwidth at the client end as in my case (I have 80Mbs Hybrid DSL service but rarely see above 40 and 20 is typical), or a bottleneck somewhere between Microsoft’s servers and the client. Maybe Microsoft just cannot cope with the network demand, hence things like rubbish PG.

Same here on East USA server.

I’m leaning towards that. People with all kinds of connections are all having this issue. I have 1 Gbit fibre. It’s rock solid and dependable. The only service I’ve ever had any issue with is MSFS.

Well it seems to me that if city slickers with their fancy 3090’s and fibre Internet can’t run this thing properly then the rest of us (the majority) might as well just give up all hope :frowning:

1 Like