Screenshot by EvilerGlitter37
Mark your calendars! We are excited for our next live Developer Q&A slated for Tuesday, April 13th at 10:30 am PDT (1730Z) on Twitch to discuss World Update 4 as well as future updates coming next month. Not only that, but we recently announced in the forums a quarterly SDK Q&A that we will bring to you live on April 21st at 10:30 am (1730Z) as well. We can’t wait to chat with the community again and answer more of your questions.
- The MSFS team
Click here for the web-friendly version.
Click here for the web-friendly version.
SU = Sim Update (3, 4, etc.)
WU = World Update
ASAP = As Soon as Possible
TBD = To Be Determined
Several Releases = Fixes will come over a series of updates
Ongoing Fixes = An item we will continually be working on
Planned = Scheduled to be worked on
Under Investigation = The team is currently looking into the issue
Not Planned = We will likely not work on this
Started = Work as started on this item
As of 04/04, we have now approved 149 (+0) third parties into our marketplace and, so far, 75 (+4) have released 301 products (+21). In total, 802 products (+25) have already been released in 3rd party stores and the in-sim marketplace. Beyond that, another 286 products (+1) from 3rd party developers are in production (154 announced, 132 unannounced). In total, over 1,088 3rd party products (+25) are either released or are in development.
695 airports (+19) are either released or are in various stages of development.
- 508 airports (+14) have been released on the platform so far in various stores.
- 249 airports (+18) have been released in the in-sim marketplace.
- 77 airports (+5) beyond the released airports have been announced.
- 110 airports (+0) are not announced, but the dev let us know that an airport is in production.
126 aircraft (+0) are either released or are in various stages of development.
- 30 aircraft (+1) have been released on the platform so far in various stores.
- 23 aircraft (+1) have been released in the in-sim marketplace.
- 74 aircraft (-1) beyond the released aircraft have been announced.
- 22 aircraft (+0) are not announced, but the dev let us know that an aircraft is in production.
241 sceneries (+5) are either released or are in various stages of development.
- 238 sceneries (+8) have been released on the platform so far in various stores.
- 20 sceneries (+2) have been released in the in-sim marketplace.
- 3 sceneries (-3) beyond the released scenery have been announced.
26 mission packs (+1) are either released or are in various stages of development.
- 26 mission packs (+1) have been released on the platform so far in various stores.
- 3 mission packs (+0) have been released in the in-sim marketplace.
- 0 mission packs (+0) beyond the released missions have been announced.
- We added a Package Installer sample (Visual Studio solution with both Wix & Custom Action DLL projects). The installer will automatically detect Store and/or Steam Community folders and install your packages into them.
- We created a new tutorial for creating liveries.
- We also updated the modeling documentation.
- We fixed a bug that would not properly reset fonts when using Reset Settings.
- We also fixed a crash in the Project Editor, which could happen when loading a project that already contained built packages.
- In the Aircraft Editor, extend time and retraction time can now be set to 0 for fixed gear.
- In the soon-to-be released Airport Wizard, we fixed an issue with empty airport ICAO list.
Check out what’s coming on Twitch!
The community has been enjoying this silly, fun, free mod, a Cardboard Spitfire:
This past week we challenged you to take a screenshot of a “spontaneous landing.” The winner is the featured screenshot in todays Development Update. for a creative take on the challenge! Thanks to all those who participated! Our next challenge: My Friends and I.
Screenshot by Filippo20032222
Screenshot by Remko277
Screenshot by Steeler2340
Screenshot by DrCsany
Screenshot by marccreal
Screenshot by Oskar87SWE
Screenshot by FalconPro51
Screenshot by beeZmen
Screenshot by VIRTAVIA67
Screenshot by RevampedSine732
NEXT DEVELOPMENT UPDATE BLOG – 4.15
Microsoft Flight Simulator Team