[BUG] Ambient Night Lighting illuminating more than a full moon

Brief description of the issue:

With FS2020 update 6 in VR, the ambient illumination level at night was really good. However:

• With update 7 is has became too bright to the point I have to reduce the Valve Index headset luminosity to 65% in order to get similar levels as in update 6

• With FS2020 sim update 2 and the official VR release, it is similar to update 7 and therefore it is too bright.

I believe Sebastian was saying in one of the latest Q&A video FS2020 is using a different tone mapping for night otherwise it would be so dark we wouldn’t see anything.

However it might just be overcompensating too much and this might be an overall problem with tone mapping including during daylight: Implement a metering system better suited for VR

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

n/a

Detail steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

self-explanatory

I hope it will be toned down in the next sim update, in the meantime, I’m bumping for 30 more days so that it gets additional time for voting and comments.

+1 agree that there’s a general lighting issue. At least make it an option in the settings if the decision is an accessibility one.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Voted, its something that should be tuned more.

can we please move this bug up on the list. the sim is just too bright - at night and in the day.
when Asobo as asked this they didnt even realize that it is and issue. there is significant discussion on the forums on this issue im surprised that its not been noticed.

i feel that this issue could be linked to the washed out too bright look of the sim in the day. an overall reduction in brightness and increase in contrast would go a long way in not only fixing the day brightness issue but also the night being too lit up issue