[BUG] - VR - Overexposed & washed out landscape colors

In VR (HP Reverb G2 with 1080TI), the landscape looks overexposed, to bright and the colors washed out. This makes everything outside the plane look lacking in contrast and less realistic. The plane itself and the cockpit are OK.

Also discussed here:

When comparing the color and tone representation in G2 in MFS2020 and other VR titles (including Beat Saber), there is a lot of lost potential the G2 is capable to offer. No idea why the basic controls like gamma are missing in MFD2020.
Voted.

1 Like

Same experience.

Also, approach lights and PAPI are also not shown at a long distance (like when in normal non-vr mode). Runway is appears to blur into the world and is only visible when 2-3 miles away.

2 Likes

Have you tried playing with any of these settings yet??? I would like to know if you may have found an easy fix for the washed out colors

1 Like

The problem is that there are no settings to play with, neither in sim nor nVidia control panel. All the settings in the nVidia control panel or nVidia Freestyle don’t work with VR headset (at least G2).

1 Like

Freestyle doesn’t work for Rift ‘S’ either.

Pimax 8kx, same problem. Very washed out when looking towards the sun.

2 Likes

I want to join with you. The overexposed landscape is very annoying and unrealistic in VR. The devs should make a setting to this with a slider to set the intensity of the effect.

Setting EyeAdaptation from 1 to 0 in Usercfg.opt resolved the problem.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

@UranicPen337308

I tried this setting today and it certainly makes things better, but I wouldn’t say it’s a proper, or full solution. The world is still super bright in Illinois, it must be dazzling in the South of France!

Same problem also for me. To birght and more of a blue hue to it.
Specs:
Windows 10 Home
Motherboard: ASUS ROG RAMPAGE VI EXTREME
Processor: i9-7920X
Harddisk: Samsung SSD 970 EVO 1TB
Memory: G.Skill Ripyaws 32 GB
Graphic card: Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 Ti
Reverb 2G
I have exellent colors and picture in DCS, IL-2 Sturmovik, Assetto Corsa, just to mention a few .

I find it strange that Microsoft have not got this right since, to my memory they recommended this Reverb headset.

It also did for me. EyeAdaptation has to be what your eyes see when you are in a rather darker area (cockpit) and also see a rather brighter area (outside), the brighter area would be a bit washed out. If you put 0 to EyeAdaptation it puts everything the same. Anyway much better for me :+1:

I tried it today but no substantial change here.

2 Likes

Just my two cents suggestion.
I was flying the wonderful PMDG DC-6 in low altitude and I noticed that the view through the side window is much better than through the frontal one. Isn’t that MSFS graphic logic simulate somehow the light shining on the glass and therefore creates that washed out picture of landscape in VR?

Here is a picture better explaining what I mean: note the different aspect of same terrain through the three windshields.

4 Likes

Just to say Iv added a vote on this

If ya dont mind Where do i find this config file ?

1 Like

This needs fixing asap. Super bad in the dc6

1 Like

Yeah this looks super bad in vr

1 Like