Buildings much too high still in 1.9.5.0 Patch

Hey guys please go to this topic i created for an immediate hot fix of tall buildings and vote: Tall buildings Hot Fix needed immediately!

1 Like

I came here just to complain about this. My hometown in Pennsylvania used to be very nice looking. Now it looks horrendous with tall buildings everywhere. I’m done with FS until this gets fixed, as VFR flying looks completely ridiculous now.

I would not be surprised if they did tweak this for Japan content but somehow messed up the rest of the world. Indeed is a rock N roll 40days journey lol.

I suppose the good news is that we are on 106 votes on this topic already (after just 3 hours), hopefully the powers that be will see this and take notice.

They are now everywhere like mushrooms.

I’ve been thinking about how this happened and it looks (to my untrained non-computer programmer’s eyes) like they modified some generic buildings to use in Japan, and in doing so didn’t test how it would affect the rest of the world where those building models were used.

2 Likes

This is very similar to the truth.

Who tests these patches?? Please release a hotfix devs…Ahh who I’m i kidding it’s probably going to be a week or more until they rectify this. Every patch so far has broken more than as been fixed.

A really good sim that’s got to be shelved temporarily by me again …I can’t fly it like this.

4 Likes

No one, apparently. It took me less than 30 seconds to realize something was very wrong. Why in God’s name did they release this patch without fixing the issue first?

6 Likes

Also affecting New Zealand. Flying out of Nelson NZ massive office blocks where none exist to go with the previous missing 150 square km island (D’Urville Island)

1 Like

Yup just tested in Auckland, NZ and it’s full of Tall buildings now. Look stupid. Kills the immersion.

Please keep reporting on Zendesk so it gets put on high priority.

We can ask for this:

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/please-add-an-option-to-defer-patches-updates/289024

1 Like

Report to Zendesk and upvote this topic

1 Like

I also have it how do you report it? as suggested above?

Follow this link to report:
https://flightsimulator.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

Thanks for the link it is reported

1 Like

Same in Luxembourg, and it is a real issue for VFR (not only immersion but also real life recon, I use MSFS to preview actual flights, airport locations etc and this issue makes it unusable for a lot of that)

How ridiculous does this look - just outside of Salzburg. And why do Microsoft and Asobo think this is acceptable to be released in this state?

Here we go with some comparisons with Google Maps, I noticed this issue happens when there is a hangar/flat building and will be replaced with few high rise buildings. Created a Zendesk report with the same screenshots as well.

6 Likes