Is this fixed with the latest update? I never got to try it yet.
No. WU7 was strictly content update only.
So they gave us new broken Australia bush trips? Don’t they test this stuff?
The defect existed prior to the release of the Content. It’s being evaluated.
If you have concerns about that, please file a Zendesk ticket.
I think it’s been reported many times already .. just hoping for a fix soon. I tried the work around too some degree of success but it’s not perfect
Kohanson’s workaround does not work when using the free garmin 1000 mod
This is extremely annoying and frustrating. Why is this happening? Please Asobo or Microsoft fix this issue!
I actually hadn’t had this issue for a while, but it reappeared after WU7. Definitely needs a look!
Same here. I thought this was gone - it certainly wasn’t happening anymore to me. Then after WU7 this keep happening with multiple bush trips… So annoying - between community made bush trips and with the bush trip generator, this mode has become on of my main way to fly in MSFS
That works for the VFR map. Thanks for sharing that!
Unfortunately if I do this it doesn’t log the flight time for the legs in the logbook….
Is this really to hard to fix Asobo?
Are you on Xbox, Steam or Microsoft Store version?
Store
Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?
Nope
Brief description of the issue:
I was flying the Iceland and Denmark bush trips. After the first or first few legs the POIs and route disappeared from the VFR map and the G1000. After finishing a leg I pressed Continue to start the next leg.
I was able to finish both Bush Trips by using the log and Little Nav Map, but I can imagine other users will not be able to fly these Bush Trips anymore because of this bug.
I saw this issue in SU7, and it is not fixed in SU8 yet.
Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:
See above.
PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:
Not relevant, I’ve seen other users mentioning this same issue in the General section, but I did not see this bug reported in this secion yet.
Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:
SU7
I’m on Steam on PC. I actually was doing it wrong
. If I follow the correct steps the workaround works perfectly fine.
Sorry for the confusion and thanks for the reply.
That’s why I do not love it yet. Far from friendly or “loving”. A royal with basics like this after 2 years.
So, has anyone dared to check if Sim Update 8 has finally fixed this problem (on PC)?
Couldn’t find a remark on this in the patchnotes.
No I haven’t to be honest. I doubt it’s fixed.
Sim Update VIII 1.23.12.0
Route disappeared for 2nd leg. (South East Australia, but I think this is a problem regardless of which trip)
I would doubt they fixed the LogBook credit bug either. Will get around to trying at some point where I feel like throwing away some hours. May next short leg I’ll sacrifice one.
![]()
EDIT: PC-Steam
Hello fellow disappointed bush trip flyers,
I tried to check the status of our issue with the Zendesk, and this is the essential part of their reply, so that we’re all on the same level here:
this thread has the “feedback-logged” tag already.
We cannot provide any ETA as to when a bug will be fixed in-game nor provide individual updates on the status of a bug.
As it is still not listed on the “known issues list” (if I remember, it never made it there), guess they will just leave it broken for some more months.
No more bush trips for me
very sad to break a working ingame component and not fixing it.
I wonder if it is related to manually created flight plans being wiped for a saved flight? If it is, then there might be some hope with SU9. One tester mentioned that issue appears to be fixed for them on the only plane they tested it on.
https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/flight-plan-lost-after-resuming-saved-flight/173081/277?u=yggbjorn
The only other options are to keep this thread alive and file bug reports in Zendesk.
EDIT: I read a possible workaround for disappearing POIs for Bush Trips. Here is what you do:
- Once you land at the end of a leg hit NEXT
- Then hit CONTINUE. It will load the flight plan for the next leg.
- Now you can quit to main menu. When you reload the appropriate leg you will have the Flight Plan ready to go.
Alas once you’ve lost the flight plan you will have to restart the whole trip. I am on Xbox and will test this workaround. I will come back to this post with my findings. Smoke me a kipper, I’ll be back for breakfast.
EDIT 2, 19th of April 2022: It appears to be working. I even created a new flight plan in the world map and saved it. Flew the XCub from the world map. Flew another plane. Reloaded the 2nd leg of the Bush Trip and still have my POIs. I will do further testing.
EDIT the 3rd, 21st of April 2022: Still working great! I have 5 legs left and the Nav Log has my waypoints!
Hello there again,
just to update you all, I decided to waste my time again to check for improvement after SU9 because the patchnotes mentioned something related to bush trips:
result … STILL BUGGED! (PC, Steam)
- Started Tasmanian bush trip (which I hadn’t played before) and flew the first leg
- landed and returned to main menu with the appropiate menu button
- restarted the game and loaded leg 2: all POI waypoints lost
They obviously don’t care ![]()
If you land, then continue, then go to main menu you will have the next leg visible. You must do this at each end of a leg. Once landed, hit the CONTINUE button. Wait for it to load, then when you see the new POIs you can exit to main menu.
I think the fix they mentioned is the fact that the Fuel menu appears in the toolbar if you are stopped at an airport that has fuel.
I know it isn’t a fix, but with this workaround I have finished the Alaskan and Finnish Bush Trips. Working on Patagonia now.