C++ Assertion Error

Please tag your post with #pc and/or #xbox. PC

Are you on Steam or Microsoft Store version? Microsoft store

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it? no

Brief description of the issue:
Out of the blue I’ve got this message then CTD. Any idea ?

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detail steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

PC specs and/or peripheral set up of relevant:

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

Have you made any changes to the default map?
If so, undo those changes, and restart the sim.
If not, remove the file specified. (cut and paste outside of the sim folders, keep them though, just in case) and restart. MSFS will make a new file.

1 Like

may be helpfull existing topic

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/solved-microsoft-visual-c-runtime-library-assertion-failed/279475

e.g. in case you have visual studio installed disable debugging stuff…

1 Like

Same problem, solution is to delete C:\Users%your username%\AppData\Local\FlightSimulator and Flightsimulator related files in C:\Users%your username%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\WindowsApps

This solution didn’t work, I still have the same message.

By the way, if I make a research on my D drive for the file indicated on the error message I have a negative exit, whatever I dial (MicrosoftGeoSpatialTiles.dll for example).
Also because the line D:\a\1\s\src is a non existing path on my D drive.

Go to the link MichaMMA posted.
In there are several posts from Moderator Hester40MT.
Start with his first post, and go through all the steps on each post.

1 Like

this is ONE mentioned possible solution… have you visual studio installed ?

Click ignore (ignora)
Go to game settings.
Delete and turn off rolling cache - save changes and quit to desktop.

Launch msfs.

My rolling cache has always been off. Thank you anyway :grinning:

For the moment I’m living with it, ignoring the 5 files and going on. It works but I would like to have an official solution for that.

Using W10 PC with latest Windows update 21H2

With Microsoft Store version inralled

No changes or using Developer Mode

With the latest sim update I now get this pop up during the game launch showing a Microsoft Visual C++

Community Folder had no content.

Previous Build Version # was fine, only from this update it commenced.

I don’t know if this is a similar issue but it’s worth a look:

Retry. but this this time select " ignore ". It should… start up. Now delete your rolling cache, shut down msfs and restart.

edit- i would reboot before you try again, just in case corruption is in temp ram.

Thanks all,
I have clicked the ‘ignore’ on the pop up each of the 4 times, with it being the same error I could see.
Deleted the Rolling Cache as suggested. With a reboot of everything.
The game did eventually start etc and I was able to complete a flight.
Just an annoying error until next update I guess.

you can simple use the forum search function and enter the name off the depicted Micro…dll , or the Failed to decode RVF message, assertion error, or or …

and you find already existing topics and hints.

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/search?q=MicrosoftGeospatial

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/search?q=decode%20RVF%20

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/search?q=assertion%20error

1 Like

5e5eb3ec022c4cce2cf151d31fa152f5a6460f0a_2_690x5151

Ask yourself, Why is a production Release version , referencing source Cpp files ??

same error was reported on AvsiM back in Oct, 2021 but with no reply or solution.

I assume its an Addon, as the dll does not exist on my PC ?

tried like in this video the cpu optimization then get windows bluescreen and now every time i start MSFS i get this nice Microsoft Visual C++ runtime error : assertion failed. nothing helps.

therefore, never trust such optimization videos to get 1fps more and kill in parallel your system :wink:

To be sure: you get the “Mi…GeospatialTiles.dll” error and somewhat about “D:\…” path ?
This comes usually from installed Visual Studio, therefore the question.

I assume you rollback all the changes, starting from bios till all that changes in MSI , graphics, etc …
After the BS have you checked the system ( sfc / scanow, dism , … ) ?
Also: happens it in VR only ?

1 Like

first of all ou are right, never touch a running system,

• i had only ONE bluescreen after i tuned my voltage abpout -0,55 mV down
    -after that i turned the setting back
    -since that moment i always get this error message when loading the simulator and always at the same place. then I always have to click ignore 5 times and then msfs works normally. also in vr.
  • and no i have not even installed Visual Studio
  • reiinstalled MSFS complete new
  • graphic driver new
  • done all the SFC scan processes
  • BIOS all the settings looks good so far
  • System runs fine exept this stupid C++ error message i have to ignore 5 times

have you checked on maybe unreferenced registry entries, those point to incorrectly
removed software, happens often !!
i use cc cleaner for that, be carefull tho, you do need to know what you are doing.
in the utmost case, reinstall totally windows, or maybe you have some old fallback point?
did you check whatever other progs are running in the background.

2 Likes

only additional idea to that may be to reinstall the c++ libs.

But where is the relation to the former OC setting, I dont know… It is just a break point message, therefore all works fine with ignoring the message.

May be… additional dont forget to remove the cache files in AppData if they are older as the game-re-install-date ( of course rolling-cache, may scenerycache, etc… )… but can’t still no see the relation to the changes in video.

here we have also an intressting topic about which bring tools like ProcessLasso and FastPictureViewer on top ( I assume you have not such tools running ? ) :

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/visual-c-error-message-assertion-error/304953?u=michamma

ah… and I see… a user mentioned in that topic the removal of files in AppData too…