Can we please get an official update on the FPS / stuttering bug

In some cases, that’s definitely the case. Sometimes, it’s genuine hardware or software config issues. In other cases, it’s self-inflicted issues with settings (like running 4K + 200% scaling).

But it’s not always the case. And in this instance, severe performance issues have been starting since the UK update. And SU3 broke it for a LOT of people. Why for some and not others, I don’t know. But the years have taught me that just because I don’t understand something doesn’t mean it doesn’t make sense.

People tend to have a very egocentric view of things. If they’re not seeing issues, they seem to take that as being due to something they’re doing right, and others who have issues are doing something wrong. That’s pretty much like taking credit for winning the lottery and then talking down to poor people telling them they’re “doing it wrong” and using themselves as an example of doing it right. Because in reality, that’s what it is. People who aren’t hit with the issue basically won the digital lottery, while others didn’t.

I regularly run benchmarks and stress tests on my system to gauge its health over time. Other than adding new storage and extra RAM since my purchase 2 years ago, it’s remained relatively static. And my performance numbers are exactly the same as they were (within margin of error) when I first bought it. There’s been no sign of deterioration or any kind of issue. It’s still rock solid and stable.

I play a few other games, and they all run at well over 60 fps (closer to 100 in most cases) on highest settings. That’s never changed. I run some pretty demanding astrophotography processing tools which will sometimes tie up my computer for several hours of processing hammering all my 16 cores and threads at 100%. Again, no issues or performance issues there.

MSFS used to run well for me at 50+ fps. The first performance hit I saw with an update was with the VR update in December which cut me down by about 10 fps. Then the UK update robbed me of another 15 fps. And then another 15 fps with SU3, bringing me into the “not enjoyable to play any more” territory I’m in now.

The only software on this computer that’s ever given me any issue is MSFS. It’s the source of 100% of my CTDs in 2 years of owning this PC. Luckily, I rarely get those any more. I had my first one last night since before the UK update.

3 Likes

Yes, it’s urgent … we can’t fly properly anymore. PLEASE ASOBO HELP US !!!

3 Likes

Many don’t report a problem. They just stop using the product, and go onto something else.

3 Likes

I’m not sure you fully understand what it means to “gaslight”, but what you just presented was a typical straw man. I have never expressed any doubt that a new FPS issue was introduced in SU3. Heck, even Asobo said so the very next day.

But you’re right. This is a waste of energy and leads to nowhere.

Oh sorry, meant 30fps :wink:

FInally. Some common sense.

I’d be willing to bet that the next dev update talks plenty about scenery and the marketplace but not about the performance issues

Slightly modified your post there, and that describes pretty much every dev update so far.

The meat of every dev update so far has been posting road maps and timelines they rarely adhere to and pimping out all the new ■■■■ they want you to spend money on in the marketplace.

Yep. Pretty soon we’ll be approaching the one year mark and the sim will still be in a beta-stage level of playability. I can put up with the lack of planes, the lack of real-world taxiways (although considering FSX was able to accomplish this, I’m not sure why Asobo can’t figure it out), etc., but the microstutters just ruin the game for me. It runs terribly even when FPS is decent, again because of the constant stutters

If you have a background in graphics coding… please read the following.

For the devs, there is a big difference between being aware there is an issue and actually finding the cause of the issue. Most of the reports in the forum and I would assume in the tickets submitted do not provide enough information to do anything with. Even in this very thread there are some along the lines of “I was getting 50 FPS before the update and now only 15 FPS. Unplayable! Fix it now!!!”. Completely useless.

So let’s say that the latest bugs were released due to poor QA coverage. Do you really want the developers to rush out a half-baked, poorly tested patch? That’s how we get into an even bigger mess.

1 Like

That’s 2 hours I’ll never get back… 90 percent of all the posts moaning about the same thing.

Performance sux. It’s Ms Flight Sim … of course it does !

It always will.

Then why did you continue to read the thread, what exactly was it your looking for??

2 Likes

I think As obo should basically get the flight sim working without trying to add NEW stuff first then add gradually. It’s about like mobile phones and 5G they never got 3 or 4 G working properly. Come on As obo get the basics. Walk before you run !!!

1 Like

All these people that post “I don’t have a problem, no stutters or drop in FPS, blah blah…” they do not understand a bit of logic. It is all about WHERE IN THE WORLD you fly! Those folks that don’t run into the problems are the ones that are flying areas of the world where the maps are ok. If you fly on my side of the world you will find those spots. I posted a few Pictures with more information on them that a true geek can swallow, and you still can not accept the FACT that the problems are in the simulator and that it is related to different “flying” locations. There is absolutely NOTHING we can do on our side, we either stay away from the Sim or start a new thread with locations that are flyable so we can enjoy the Sim like you do.

1 Like

I assume at this point someone from the Asobo team is just loading at 76T airport - it shouldnt be too much trouble to at least replicate the issue for them to troubleshoot.

1 Like

We are using the 76T Airport as an example because it is the worst scenario, but just go to DFW Airport and you will see the “red” all over the place. I went from 45+ on the ground to barely making it to 30. As soon as I start rolling the FPS starting going down. I believe that the data that is coming being streamed from the server is corrupted and is causing the app in our Pcs to go coo coo.

What the actual F$#. How does that solve anything for anyone? How about they just dump this and we end up with nothing. Stop this toxic posting. It does not help anyone but get one’s blood boiling.

4 Likes

Imagine for a moment that YOU are the developer. You get a message from a user…

You want to do the right thing. You care about the customer base. You read the post…
What is this customer’s problem?
What are their system specs?
How can you recreate the exact issue?
Is it aircraft specific?
Is it region or location specific?

What are you going to fix and when are you going to do it?

There is no way for the developer to help you @LoryBlues.
They have acknowledged that some users are experiencing performance issues but are having trouble nailing it down. The whole point of the ZENDESK and this forum is to provide the developer with valuable information so they can lock down the source of errors and fix them.

If you haven’t submitted a DETAILED Zendesk Ticket AND voted the appropriate bug thread that corresponds to your problem then, that date you want… “when hell freezes over”.

They need MORE information. CPU, GPU, driver versions. Exactly where were you? In what plane?
With MILLIONS of lines of code, and no way to consistently duplicate the problem, ANY fix they put out will only be a ‘Best Guess’. Would you like to guess what happens when we get updates and fixes based on guesses?

4 Likes

I just rage quit because it got so bad, my 90 minute flight was taking over 2 hours. And yes I’ve already reported it to Zendesk. It was fine before the update and today was the worst its ever been.

4 Likes