Cannot download mandatory update

Yeah, exact same issue here.

me too in New Zealand so looks like it’s not an isolated issue

Was just looking forward to update after finally being done with work, and same thing for me too :rage:

Download the X box app (Xbox Game Pass for PC | Xbox), then, under settings, make sure that your download folder is the same as where you have the game (simulator) downloaded to

I also have the same issue. No joy!

Idem! Same issue from France. Update unreachable from store (does not exist in the list)

Download the X box app (Xbox Game Pass for PC | Xbox), then, under settings, make sure that your download folder is the same as where you have the game (simulator) downloaded to

That fixed it for me, thanks.

Why do I want to sign up to pay 9.99 per month when I already own the game? Are we all supposed to become X-box users in order to use the game we already purchased? We need a real solution!!!

1 Like

For reference, a similar topic, but I do not think solutions were proposed there yet that haven’t been already listed here:

just download the app, don’t pay or anything…

Much appreciated that has cleared my path to flight again. thank you

Having the same issue.

Go to the store… not seeing an update to MSFS.

Did the XBox app thing, still not update option.

Did a launch of MSFS, for the heck of it, now watching the installation manager loading the update.

I’m glad I could help… I was pulling my hair out for a while haha

U dont need to pay nothing. Just download Xbox app (search for “xbox” at searcher in microsoft store) and download it. After install, wait about one minute and press “search for updates” at the store and voilá! Download it.

1 Like

See this thread. It may help.

Thank you. I was erroneously trying to install the “x-box game pass” app and that required a 9.99/mo commitment. Upon your advise, I went directly to the webb and downloaded the stand-alone x-box app and I was finally able to access the Store update download. Why doesn’t ASOBO tell us these things? We always have to stumble around trial and error before someone discovers the hidden solution. I have no idea whether it installed in the correct directory, but I was able to access the 500 mg upgrade so I am going to call it a success!

Why would anybody bother submitting to Asobo for help; by the time you get an answer this bald person has been able to regrow hair! . Getting timely help from them is like trying to extract teeth from a chicken!! This is the worst download and update system of any game ever released for computers. Quite acceptable once sorted but until then it is a crock of shizzer.

2 Likes

That worked for me, Thanks!!

This also fixed the issue for me, had to install the xbox game pass app onto pc, then hit get updates two times and its now installing