CJ4 The Next Step

This past week was another awesome week on VATSIM!

I always plan my routes for the week on Sunday nights, so I am not chasing controllers around, trying to fly where they are. But for the past week and a half or so, I have lucked out and just always ended up somewhere with at least center on, so it’s been great!

First run of the week was empty out of the hangar to Montreal (CYUL). After a quick re-fuel 6 guys ready to party (bachelor party) boarded and we were off to Atlantic City!

The next day we continued in a Southern direction stopping in Freeport (Grand Bahama) MYGF.

The waters will filled with boats in the calm night water as we approached.

Parked for the night!

The next day we headed out of Freeport with a family of 4 headed back home to Toronto (CYTZ).

A bit of weather over the city as we came through the clouds.

And with one more left turn we had the CN tower insight guiding us in.

Parked the CJ4 for the night so the cleaning crew could work their magic before a couple of business execs boarded for Dallas (KDFW).

Dallas was a fun approach with VATSIM controllers as it was quite busy!

We spent the day / night in Dallas as Friday had a full itinerary.

3 PAX out of KDFW to KCRW

And then an empty leg from KCRW to KACY to pick up the bachelor party we dropped off earlier in the week.

Top of the tanks, and then we were off for Montreal!

24R from the right seat.

Taxing around these big airports can feel like you’re chasing your tail…

And before long we were chasing that sunset West back to Toronto (CYKZ).

I haven’t updated in awhile but we have been racking up the hours on the CJ4.

With just over 200 hours across North America and a few trips further South, this has been the most fun aircraft to fly thus far.

Largely in part due to its completeness and accurateness from the WorkingTitle team, but also for it’s home cockpit completeness via Air Manager panels from the Simstrumentation team.

This aircraft is 100% mouse free.

But, as much fun as this plane has been to fly, it’s time to continue our flight journey and get ready for the next chapter.

The final approach into our FlightExec home base CYKZ.

We’ll see you soon!

It’s been awhile since we’ve been in the cockpit of the CJ4 since switching over to the Airliners

But we got a call from FlightExec with a great opportunity and since we were already off on vacation, the timing was perfect!

FlightExec is partners with a Cargo operations company out of Alaska and are in need of a pilot with Twin Otter and Kodiak experience.

This opportunity would allow me to get back into the cockpit of 3 great planes I haven’t flown in awhile, along with offering up great scenery and challenging flight conditions.

So with that, we hopped into the cockpit of our old CJ4 and headed West!

Our CJ4 waiting in the hangar at FlightExec CYKZ

Our first leg took us from CYKZ to CYEG, albeit the weather was off as it should have been snow covered.

Once on the ground, we rented hangar space from Executive Flight Centre for the night.

And then the “storms” rolled in and we were greeted with fresh powder in the morning for our next leg.

CYEG - CYVR

The final leg, CYVR - PANC brought us over and through the various mountain ranges.

And before we knew it, the lights of Anchorage were in the windshield.