Crash to desktop without error message

Hi sent an error log report to Microsoft today 8hrs ago no reply at this time, so I will let you know what they say as I am having the same issue

This is such a bummer
I have the same issues… sometimes my pc shuts down without Warnung

I hope they give a Statement ASAP

WOW - I just did a 1+ hour flight and don’t know why and how this worked!
I did alter some of the buttons of my Flight Stick when back in main menu again and during that deleted some of the double assigned functions (mostly camera related)
Then I could fly without any issues, even change time and teleport to an airport some 500 miles away. Just when I tried to teleport to JFK it crashed again.
Also I noticed (but didn’t try too often) that I seem to have a higher chance of reaching the main menu when I let the sim load in the background!

So another few broad crumbs for you to try .

Will continue tomorrow.

Go the same robot response from MS.

IF MS / Devs not watching any one know how broadcast this to the WEB / News so it get plastered allover Google. I saw an article about a giant 1000ft tower in meb aus being generated by FS202, but nothing about unplayable Bugs!.

Since the release I tried to complete 4 intercontinental flights in the 747, I wasn’t able to finish any of them, all of finished with crashes.

• first flight: crashed to desktop when I connected my USB headphones (Logitech G433).

• second flight: crashed in a field in Canada, when I ran out of fuel, because the 747 uses way too much fuel and 3 fuel tanks are not working. The aircraft decided to point the nose to the ground when I extended the landing gear, so it impacted the ground at almost 90 degrees nose down. I know, not exactly related to this thread, but still a crash :slight_smile:

• third flight: almost out of fuel again over Canada, this time I prepared in advance to land an alternate airport, changed the flight plan from the FMC, displayed the plan on the navigation display, pressed the Legs button on the FMC to see the waypoints to the airport, and the simulator froze completely. After 5 minutes I had to stop it from the task manager. Not really a crash to desktop, but the end result was the same.

• fourth flight: I chose a shorter flight, where I should have had enough fuel. While flying over the ocean, I opened the assists settings to get some screenshots for a friend. And after a few minutes of keeping the settings open the simulator crashed to desktop.

At this point it’s a waste of time to even attempt any intercontinental flights, especially with the state of the autopilot on the 747, that can’t even hold a constant altitude, and the above mentioned fuel system problems. So I’ll wait for the next patch before trying again.

And the crash logs for the two actual crashes:

In the settings section (assists):

Faulting application name: FlightSimulator.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5f2ed221
Faulting module name: FlightSimulator.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5f2ed221
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x00000000000da330
Faulting process id: 0x23cc
Faulting application start time: 0x01d676f74da10e7c
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.7.12.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\FlightSimulator.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.7.12.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\FlightSimulator.exe
Report Id: 84ae3fdb-e515-4257-91e5-025bd8f7b949
Faulting package full name: Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.7.12.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe
Faulting package-relative application ID: App

When connecting the Logitech G433 USB headphones:

Faulting application name: FlightSimulator.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5f2ed221
Faulting module name: FlightSimulator.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5f2ed221
Fault offset: 0x00000000016176a7
Faulting process id: 0x44c0
Faulting application start time: 0x01d674ef01cc3b67
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.7.12.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\FlightSimulator.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.7.12.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\FlightSimulator.exe
Report Id: 0393d8a1-bb96-4866-bea9-418e744eb156
Faulting package full name: Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.7.12.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe

I uninstalled and reinstalled all my Visual C++ Redistributable files and it magically got past the Cessna 172 load screen and let me fly the 172 for 2 hours - very realistic - but more importantly, the sim actually worked for the first time since release. No guarantee it will work the next time I bring it up, but it is amazing. Fingers crossed. Just another thing to try . . .

And IF this continues to operate, the next step: get a 737 model released and tie my Jetmax flightdeck back in - its a very expensive hunk of metal sitting in front of monitors now.

Right, well I was having CTDs (no error messages) usually after about 15 -20 mins of flight. The tutorials would crash after each one without question. I changed my powered usb hub from the front of my case to a port at the back (This runs H/comb Yoke, CH Quad Throttle, TM Pedals, Xbox controller, Mic and headphones). I also disabled all of my usb ports from powering down in windows 10.
I have just had a 45 minute flight and can now continue with tutorials without a CTD. Yay!
I did turn AI traffic to off but I’m pretty sure a lot of this is to do with USB probs. I wouldn’t be surprised to see another CTD but maybe this might help some? Oh, running on medium with a 1080ti & 32GB ram. Might fiddle with increase later. Also turned off steam overlay for this sim.

BIOS update, and regressing the nVidia drivers to an earlier driver version did it for me. GeForce experience /overlay was not installed.

Runs in ultra with a wireless usb mouse on my laptop, with other peripherals on an old usb hub connected to it.

5G rolling cache file, and sys managed 16G swap.

It also runs on my PC with an OLDER nvidia card ( 970 ) running the LATEST nvidia drivers, in medium, mode with NO crashes to desktop…again with a rolling cache of 50G on a seperate drive. Again, with a wireless keyboard and mouse ( usb ).

I use the same gamertag, but have different control profiles for when playing on the laptop, and on the pc. It works… including the install on 2 machines which was painful coz you can only install or play one at a time.

It can work! It does work!

It is hypersensitive to usb and device activity

1 Like

Doesn’t make a difference. Can confirm, reinstalled from D Drive to C Drive and still crashes.

2 Likes

Regarding the Turning on/off bluetooth or wireless device crash, they finally responded to the zendesk ticket. They said they are now aware of the issue and working on a fix. So we just have to wait! :smiley:

2 Likes

Is this the same as My game keeps crashing every time it loads

1 Like

I got this error…

Fault offset: 0x0000000000c8bf1c
Faulting process id: 0x2308
Faulting application start time: 0x01d6775c9bec6990
Report Id: dce6cf22-b00f-4c7c-a6a5-c08e579680a7

Gents in this or another thread someone suggested removing all overclocking related to your memory. For me in the BIOS that was changing my AI Overclock Tuner from D.O.C.P to Auto. The resulted in my memory speed being reduced from 3200mhz (which is the advertised speed) to 2133mhz. However the sim appears to be rock solid with that change. I left the 747 at a gate at KLAX for over 9 hours and came home and did a flight from KLAX to KSFO with no CTD and very smooth performance.

Looking at the latest development update it seems a patch won’t be released before the 27th. They say they will release a date then for the first patch.

On the first day I couldn’t play the game at all due to the CTD at the Cessna Loading screen, but I found a workaround.

1. Set graphics to low-end on main menu and start a flight.

2. On the starting runway/airspace go to settings and change to your desired graphic setting.

I only experience crashes when I fly over NYC sometimes. But I can play the game 95% of the time with this method.

I think this is an issue of how the game handles the data on and off the RAM, so until they patch this, I will do my method above!

Nope I was on 1909 and had CTD after clicking Fly button. Tried updating to 2004 and still the exact same thing.

That didn’t really work for me. Even if I keep settings on low or medium it crashes.

Are they serious?
In their update they do not even mention CTDs. And then we’ll need to wait a week without knowing if they will even adress the issue?

4 Likes

Another thing: Do you have special characters in your user name? I realized that while installing MSFS, suddenly I got a second user in my AppData folder. When I normally have a german “ö” in my name, the second user replaced the “ö” by some very strange ASCII letters. I think, the problem is, that MSFS can´t deal with other than normal characters. I set up a new windows local user with administration rights and no special characters, I manually deinstalled everything correlating with MSFS and did a wsreset. Updated Win10 to 2004 and Nvidia driver to newest driver.
Afterwards I installed MSFS using the new local user.
It took a while longer than with my MS account user, but after installation - taTAAA - in a quick view, all the problems - CTD when starting free flight or manual cache - were gone. Was not able to to a long time test, will follow Sat or Sun. Work´s due. Looks fantastic.
I believe, due to the problems with special chars MSFS could not allocate the cache, thats why it crashed.
Still, cannot understand that issue: Asobo ist french, their language is full of special chars either… :smirk:

Increase the Virtual Memory (Pagefile) on your system

• In the Windows Seach bar, type Advanced system settings and open the Control Panel .
  • Make sure you’re on the Advanced tab .
  • Click the Settings button from under the Performance
  • On the Performance Options box , go to the Advanced tab > Performance
  • Click on Settings
  • On the Virtual Memory box, uncheck the Automatically manage paging file size for all drives
  • Click to select the drive on which Windows 10 is installed (by default C:)
  • Click to select the Custom size radio button.
  • In the now-enabled fields, type the minimum and maximum size of the Pagefile in megabytes (MB) according to the physical memory present in your computer.
  • Click Set and then click OK .
  • Restart your computer.