Crashed on bush trip, restarts from water and can't restart leg

After crashing in my Iceland bush trip, I tried to continue, thinking it would restart me from my current leg. But when I restart it places me in the water where I crashed, then after a second it reports that “You have crashed into the water”, then offers me the restart/main menu option. It’s an endless cycle. I tried to restart before the message appears but same thing happens.

In addition, I can’t even restart from the previous leg (see below):

I’ve crashed in other bush trips and was able to restart from take off. Anyone else seen this behavior and is there a simple workaround before I report a bug?

Something here I can hack?

[ATC_ActiveFlightPlan.0]
title=TT:asobo-bushtrip-iceland.Mission.1
description=TT:asobo-bushtrip-iceland.Mission.2
type=VFR
routetype=0
cruising_altitude=1000
departure_id=BIKR, N65° 43.90', W19° 34.37', +001500.00
departure_position=
destination_id=BIHK, N65° 42.28', W21° 41.78', +001500.00
departure_name=Alexander
destination_name=Holmavik
alternate_name=AlternateName
waypoint.0=, BIKR, , Alexander, A, N65° 43.90', W19° 34.37', +001500.00, , , , , , NONE, 0, 0, -1, 0, 0, +
waypoint.1=AE, POI18, , Hvtserkur, U, N65° 36.39', W20° 38.15', +001500.00, , , , , , NONE, 0, 0, -1, 0, 0, +
waypoint.2=AE, POI19, , Thidhriksvallavatn Lake, U, N65° 40.63', W21° 44.49', +001500.00, , , , , , NONE, 0, 0, -1, 0, 0, +
waypoint.3=, BIHK, , Holmavik, A, N65° 42.28', W21° 41.78', +001500.00, , , , , , NONE, 0, 0, -1, 0, 0, +

I had this happen to me. Due to the update, the C172 starts crabbing after a while and then only gets worse. When I tried to correct the crabbing, the tail was damaged, and the aircraft lost control.

So I tried to restart the bush trip. The file will only resume in its failed state.

The only difference between a restart and a resume is that resume goes back immediately to the flight, while a restart starts at the loading screen, and the “Ready to Fly” screen. Clicking “Ready to fly” simply goes back to the resumed condition rather than the start of the leg.

I will file a bug report. You should do the same.

Here is a video of the behavior:

I found a work-around for this problem. Start any other leg that you may have already completed, and then escape from the leg. This will cause it to be remembered for resuming purposes. Apparently, FSMS can only remember one flight, so you can not go back to the leg you were stuck on and restart it from the beginning.

New update seems fixed the issue only able to remember one flight, but it mean it keeps respawn to the same position unless I redo the previous flight.

This does work, however when this happens on Leg 1 there is no prior completed Leg to perform this trick.

Happened to me on Leg 1 Norway today and I am completely stuck (in a dense forest) unable to continue this Bush Trip…

You can delete/move the bush trip save from the sim install folder and go to \LocalState\MISSIONS\ACTIVITIES
There will be a folder for each bush trip you have started

There are at least 3 threads I could find on the same issue… can 1 be voted up so that it gets developer visibility. Not sure if moderators can merge these.

This is still happening BTW, places you at the right point but at ground level.

Also the Navlog is wiped.

1 Like

Happened to me on Germany Bush trip leg 6. I crash landed and I am stuck in a building. I CAN NOT replay this leg and I can’t move the plane when restarting the leg. Is there a fix so I can re-play leg 6 of the Germany Bush Tip?

1 Like

Still broken. Yesterday…
Leg 3 of Alpine challenge doesn’t register landing.

Today…

Leg 1 on Alaska crashed now restarts in sea and can’t restart leg, just starts from the sea every time…

Shame…

2 Likes

yes, in Alpin-Challenge, same for me after a crash, unable to restart the leg… I crashed at the takeoff (while braking for turn-around), at the restart I’m like this (not at the airport, but in a river… ).

I guess this makes me eligible to join the club!
Bushtrip in Norway.
THIS IS NOT A WATER PLANE!!!1111

Same Thing in Alaska :frowning:

This is still happening.

I was in the middle of the Austria bush trip tour. The auto pilot and the plane were extremely difficult to control on my fourth leg as if the plane wanted to flip over. The flight director was terribly tilted to one side. I could not correct with any amount of trim. I flew manually, but with all the distraction, I bounced hard on the landing such that the game said I crashed.

I asked to restart, but the game spawned me in the forest on the ground about 1 nm from the landing. Impossible to fly from the forest. Impossible to rerun the last leg. Could not start from the previous successful leg. There was no way to rescue the bush trip other than redo it from the start.

These days I am using Little Navmap to fly the same route as the bush trips. At least I can restart and refly the legs as I like.

1 Like

You can probably get out of the forest. You can actually move through trees if you move VERY slowly, and you’ll need a lot of patience!

I’ll give that a try. The Cessna Caravan is known for it’s forest ability and tree cutting propeller!

1 Like

Bush trips are still broken since SU5.
If you crash in one leg, and make “restart”, it restart you in the same crashed-position, so you can only crash again (I’m stuck between a river and a house).
in Alpin bushtrip.

Same problem here. Chrashed in the water on first leg of the bush trip in Germany and there’s no way to reset or restart the trip. I can’t use any workarounds with the save files because I am on xbox…

Xbox here as well. I crashed on attempted landing during the third leg of the Alaskan Bush Trip. I couldn’t restart the third leg from the start, only moments before doom. Tried to restart from the second leg and lost all the POIs and flight plan. Decided to restart from the first leg. After successful landing on leg one and quitting, I reloaded to find I had lost the waypoints and flight plan again. Now I am just do direct flights from strip to strip to finish a leg. 23 Bush Trip activities that I want to play but can’t fly correctly because of some bugs they don’t seem to want to fix.

+1. Sitting in the water near Sicily, 1st leg.