Crashing to Desktop (Jan. 2022)

Here lately, I’ve been experiencing the exact same thing. When the audio starts misbehaving, it has always led to a CTD, but nothing in the logs indicates an audio issue. Bottom line, its just M$FS 2020 bugs yet to be fixed…

I’m also running a high end computer (Intel 12), so the computer is definitely not the problem.

I have started having a lot of CTDs as well since the latest january update.

it’s always the same pattern:
nvidia driver crash then MSFS CTD.

I have this problem with the same nvidia drivers that I have been using for many months reliably prior to the latest MSFS patch. I tried multiple version of nvidia drivers to solve the issue but that didnt change anything.

since my environment was rock stable prior to the patch and the only changed I made was installing the latest MSFS patch, I assume that MSFS is doing some calls that the display drivers doesnt like.

I run a 3080ti. No overclock whatsoever.

I always have the same pattern in the event viewer:

Fault bucket LKD_0x141_Tdr:6_IMAGE_nvlddmkm.sys_Ampere, type 0
Event Name: LiveKernelEvent
Response: Not available
Cab Id: 586d9f3f-1b61-40ab-947c-56c6a11a4d3f
Problem signature:
P1: 141
P2: ffff800afcb70010
P3: fffff8027a160630
P4: 0
P5: 710
P6: 10_0_22000
P7: 0_0
P8: 256_1
P9:
P10:

then
Faulting application name: FlightSimulator.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
Faulting module name: FlightSimulator.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0000000001b2372a
Faulting process id: 0x1dd4
Faulting application start time: 0x01d80e5dbbb52901
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.21.18.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\FlightSimulator.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.21.18.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\FlightSimulator.exe
Report Id: ffe0d5c0-efac-479d-be97-e83fcac4b773
Faulting package full name: Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.21.18.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe
Faulting package-relative application ID: App

1 Like

I have exact scenario. It’s crashing to desktop even though I have pretty good specs (2080 super, ryzen 9, 64 GB), temperatures during stress are around 60-70 celcius

What is weird: It does not crash when I set 30 FPS in msfs2020 and high-end or ultra settings. It can run for hours even in New York without an issue. The graphic card is used nearly 100% for so long and no problems at all.

The problem starts, when I set 60 FPS on medium or even low. The graphic card is used then in 60-70% and it crashes so randomly. Sometimes in the menu, sometimes on the airport and sometimes being 30k feet.

So why is that, 30 FPS on highest possible, taking GPU to the max is working but 60 FPS with medium settings taking GPU to 70% max is crashing constantly. I dont get it.

And few weeks back I had my 10 years old computer and I have never experienced CTD but I had 25 FPS.

Worth to mention that it’s also crashing any temp monitor I used (CPU-Z, HWINFO, Open Hardware Monitor) when msfs2020 crashed.

For what it’s worth, I’ve seen a bunch of CTDs lately and not often before.
Last attempted flight I had 3 crashes in 4 attempts of the same flight, changing the aircraft for the last 2 attempts to try and isolate.
These crashes occurred within minutes of starting flight.
I typically fly a few hours per week in sessions averaging 30mins.

System:
Intel i9-10900
nVidia RTX 2080 super
32 GB RAM
Windows 10
No overclocking, some map mod and 2 added aircraft.
Exceptions in FlightSimulator.exe, system otherwise completely stable.

Same here, tried a flight 3-4 times until I gave up. Kept getting a CTD after about 5 minutes at the gate. Loads of stutter too. I’m on Xbox, I’ve been considering getting a PC because of how useless the sim is on Xbox. But it’s pretty clear PC users are also experiencing the same issues. I wonder, did something just break in the game? Especially after the last update? Or is there just something fundamentally wrong with the servers?

Yeah CTD’s are back again after some time of stability, at this point I have tried every single fix and adjustments in the walkthrough and whatever the kind folks have replied with on this thread. But keep upvoting this thread guys and gals so we can have the developers notice, better yet copy/paste the log from eventfndr to pinpoint the possible issue(s).

2 Likes

same.
game is crashing after maybe 1 minute.
no way i can play with it.
so bad…

I am getting CTD every day now, I even did a clean install and my community folder is completely empty. and am still getting CTD. Something is going. when I click the MSFS2020 Icon to start the game, it takes a very long time to start the game, and when I hit fly it starts to load and crashes. Am wondering if it has something to do with NVidia new drivers.

For CTD issues…

who marked this as solution? This solution is ■■■■■■■■ and of course did not work. The problem lies somewhere else.

It lies in Asobo. That’s where it lies. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

I’ve just tried this both the CMD repair profiles and reinstall of windows 10, still crashed - nothing is working.

3 Likes

@crazyfrogface haha that’s for sure. I think the only way for me is to wait for the patch that will come soon, maybe it will resolve something…

Then you have a system and/or a hardware configuration issue.

Then explain why it’s crashing only msfs2020 and other demanding games on ultra are running flawlessly

1 Like

In my case, I’ve been hit with the Coherent draw bug. Brand new high-end gaming desktop (less than 2 months old) with no other game than FS 2020 and FS will CTD pretty much on queue lately, so can’t say it’s hardware.

Also, this issue is known within Dev support.

Faulting application name: FlightSimulator.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
Faulting module name: CoherentGTJS.dll, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x6136058e
Exception code: 0xc0000409
Fault offset: 0x00000000008042a1
Faulting process id: 0x4ad4
Faulting application start time: 0x01d812332a48fb26
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.21.18.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\FlightSimulator.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.21.18.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\CoherentGTJS.dll
Report Id: ff38bbb9-0d2b-49e3-bb97-9933132d7d67
Faulting package full name: Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.21.18.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe
Faulting package-relative application ID: App

guys, this is hilarious!!! Listen to that!

I uninstalled latest nvidia drivers and installed some random old ones (472.12-desktop-win10-win11-64bit-international-whql.exe). Restarted the computer and launched the game. Then MSFS2020 popup appeared that my game did not run properly, and if I want to run it in safe mode (i never seen such popup before).

I picked Safe mode and it seemed fine, normal graphics, the same I had. And I was so happy that I played for an hour now without any CTD.

I used several planes, demanding cities, 60 FPS with no issue, card to the max.

SO i thought, okay maybe the drivers helped, so I closed the game and opened again to be in Normal Mode and guess what!!! After 5 minutes I had CTD :smiley:

So now I am looking for a way to get this popup again to run the game in safe mode!

1 Like

I had 2 CTDs after the (long) loading screen. I thought it was because the nvidia drivers that, for the first time I changed to w11, but after reading the message above I dont know.
I have nothing in my community folder…
And if anything bought in market be the cause of those CTD, is there any way to MS investigate it?

https://www.google.com/search?q=CoherentGTJS.dll&sxsrf=AOaemvItH_P2RQFkCmmPnBdmwXcDM9UxGg%3A1643184802486&source=hp&ei=ogLxYa3rGrTB7gLnu5OgAg&iflsig=ALs-wAMAAAAAYfEQstPXD8b5ot6fLPovT2cvh-9zl-gY&ved=0ahUKEwitxMyz_M71AhW0oFsKHefdBCQQ4dUDCAk&oq=CoherentGTJS.dll&gs_lcp=Cgdnd3Mtd2l6EAwyBwgAEIAEEAoyBggAEAoQHlAAWABg9wtoAHAAeACAAVKIAVKSAQExmAEAoAECoAEB&sclient=gws-wiz

The safe mode will remove all from the community folder.

1 Like